• Time
  • Show
Clear All

sajid

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
      I'll take a look when i am back IA

Comment

Yeah, I did notice recently losing the ability to edit posts. Quite annoying, frankly. But I don't start threads that much so it hasn't been much of an issue.
        "When you want to cry, laugh.
        If you're frozen in fear, you can't do anything"

Comment

sajid I can see you on the Users Online list. Fix the edit option before you go AFK again inshaAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by sajid View Post

Any hope in resolving this issue? What is your ETA?

Comment

Any hope in resolving this issue? What is your ETA?
              lol you're still after the edit function, bless.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawed View Post

lol you're still after the edit function, bless.
                Wallahi if he tells me that he prefers it this way and doesn't have any desire to change things back then I'll just leave it alone. The problem is he's leading me on but not coming through! Be straight with me brother sajid
                Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 20-10-20, 10:20 PM. Reason: Perhaps unnecessary

Comment

July 19th:

I've increased the Editing function to 1 hour now across all forums
                  July 24th:

BarakAllah Feek. I think you forgot to press "save changes". I'm still able to edit my earlier posts on this thread and there's no opportunity to edit posts after sending them in the General Islam section...
                  August the 2nd:

Today is the 18th of October!! sajid

Comment

Brother Sajid is obviously a Pakistani (that's not racist - they're known for this type of behavior by concensus).

Wallahi if he tells me that he prefers it this way and doesn't have any desire to change things back then I'll just leave it alone. The problem is he's leading me on but not coming through! Be straight with me brother sajid
                    I think they have already stated why there was a lot of edit abuse in the past that required more than necessary amount of attention from the admin and co to edit things out of and keep the forum functioning. I think sajid is just being kind to re consider the edit optionS. I dont think he is leading you on at all. Maybe for now just think before you post ? Just a suggestion br

Comment

I think they have already stated why there was a lot of edit abuse in the past that required more than necessary amount of attention from the admin and co to edit things out of and keep the forum functioning. I think sajid is just being kind to re consider the edit optionS. I dont think he is leading you on at all. Maybe for now just think before you post ? Just a suggestion br
                      That's what he initially said but he changed his mind (see: post #38). So it's either he's leading me or failing to come through!

Comment

That's what he initially said but he changed his mind (see: post #38). So it's either he's leading me or failing to come through!
                        Yes but it was still an issue people were still abusing the edit function so maybe they changed their mind on it? Idk maybe just think before you post and preview it lots of times before you post?

Comment

Yes but it was still an issue people were still abusing the edit function so maybe they changed their mind on it? Idk maybe just think before you post and preview it lots of times before you post?
                          Beat it sister Flawed. This beef is between me and Sajid.

Comment

I don't know what the issue is, bit too complicated to figured out, have spent as much time as i can so i don't know what the issue is, given up

its not a major problem deemed to spend too much time to fix, so will just have to live with it
                            Last edited by sajid; Yesterday, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I don't know what the issue is, bit too complicated to figured out, have spent as much time as i can so i don't know what the issue is, given up

its not a major problem deemed to spend too much time to fix, so will just have to live with it
                              Khayr inshaAllah. If you weren't a Muslim I would think that you're lying because changing the settings on something like this is usually very easy to do, but I'll trust your word.

Only on a Muslim forum..!

Comment

Khayr inshaAllah. If you weren't a Muslim I would think that you're lying because changing the settings on something like this is usually very easy to do, but I'll trust your word.

Only on a Muslim forum..!
                                Its not about as straight forward as changing the settings, unfortunately its deeper than that

Editing permissions is applied in several places..

Individual Forums
                                Individual forum categories
                                Member User groups
                                Members with certain forum access

and other places. Because there are so many nested user groups and individual forums there is some conflict somewhere and looking through everything is such a nightmare

Although i did come close to solving it found out that if if a member was part of a certain group then it would work however changing the setting then would mean they would get locked out of a certain forum

its extremely complicated

only way to solve it would be to break every single permission and reset all permissions but doing this is just going to take equally long time to put everyone back in correct usergroups

Comment

Working...
                                X