Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Function

Assalamu alaykum

I'm unable to edit posts after sending them. Is that a bug or were you planning on keeping it like this? This is very inconvenient and I think you should reconsider @sajid

Web Forum = Edit
    Text messages/chat rooms = No edit

If people are abusing it, then limit the timespan inshaAllah.

sajid

Comment

Its temp for now will reinstate it back with a time limit though

Comment

I have enabled it back on but putting a 10mins time limit on editing

Comment

Originally posted by sajid View Post
          :jkk:

Comment

May i ask the reason for time limit sometimes we post advice and may err and want to correct later etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Eijaz Koor View Post

May i ask the reason for time limit sometimes we post advice and may err and want to correct later etc?
              it just saves people abusing the feature, yes there may be some genuine reason why one want to edit it, but most the edits that have been done, for some strange reason people have decided to backtrack on their words or for other unknown reason by deleting their posts

This post sums it up well

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...9#post12680839

If there is a real genuine need to editing later we can do it if you log it on helpdesk and real genuine reason.

Comment

it just saves people abusing the feature, yes there may be some genuine reason why one want to edit it, but most the edits that have been done, for some strange reason people have decided to backtrack on their words or for other unknown reason by deleting their posts

If there is a real genuine need to editing later we can do it if you log it on helpdesk and real genuine reason.
                You changed you mind? Why not just strike/ban users who repeatedly abuse the function? I personally haven't noticed anyone doing it (at least not to the point where I'd call it abuse).

The logic in that post is silly. This is a web forum not a chat room. Not everyone here post 1-2 liners, and the edit is especially useful for those users. I don't recall ever using a web forum (I'm signed up to a number) that didn't have an edit function.

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

You changed you mind? Why not just strike/ban users who repeatedly abuse the function? I personally haven't noticed anyone doing it (at least not to the point where I'd call it abuse).

The logic in that post is silly. This is a web forum not a chat room. Not all of the members here post 1-2 liners, and the edit is especially useful for them. I don't recall ever using a web forum (I'm signed up to a number) that didn't have an edit function.
                  I havent changed my mind, in my other post i said it was temp measure

you wont notice these stuff as regular user you don't get to see things like this

Its not going to change our position is final on this

Comment

I havent changed my mind, in my other post i said it was temp measure

you wont notice these stuff as regular user you don't get to see things like this

Its not going to change our position is final on this
                    Khayr inshaAllah.

Comment

Maybe turn on the post edit history?

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

Maybe turn on the post edit history?
                        Takes up too much database space unfortunately

Comment

Takes up too much database space unfortunately
                          I see.

Comment

Could you bring back the edit function in the lounge? What is the logic behind disabling it completely anyway? Wallahi this is the only religious forum that I'm aware of which has this reoccurring problem. Also, could you please increase the time limit to 20 minutes in the "General Islam" and "Islamic History" sections? 5 minutes is not long enough to edit a lengthy post.

Comment

sajid

Comment

Working...
                              X