Why some posts get close down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why some posts get close down?

I am curious to know why some posts get closed down? Even if it is a good post or posted by a genuine member. Is there any rules so if you post about this kind of things it will be close down? Or it's depends upon mood of the moderator? So if his in good mood he wouldn't close it lol. I can't seem to see any patterns...it seems posts are getting closed randomly.
    Last edited by MrConfused; 13-01-19, 06:12 AM.

Give examples.

Comment

Timeless question on UF. I cannot count how many times this question has been asked.

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
      Give examples.
      Is this another former member with a new account?

Comment

Originally posted by MrConfused View Post
        I am curious to know why some posts get closed down? Even if it is a good post or posted by a genuine member. Is there any rules so if you post about this kind of things it will be close down? Or it's depends upon mood of the moderator? So if his in good mood he wouldn't close it lol. I can't seem to see any patterns...it seems posts are getting closed randomly.
        Threads only get closed down for trolling.

Do not respond that not all threads that are closed are troll threads, because that is the whole point of trolling - to dupe you.

Comment

Give examples.
          You allowed these posts https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...-please-advise and this one https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...e-for-marriage
          But you didn't allow my post called "Would you marry again?" Don't you agree my and above posts are similar in nature or same subject. We are all asking advise for getting married second time but you closed my post and allowed others so I don't see logic behind closing down posts. This is why I said posts are getting closed randomly. I can give you more examples but I don't want to waste your time. I'll come and say more about this later.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post

Threads only get closed down for trolling.

Do not respond that not all threads that are closed are troll threads, because that is the whole point of trolling - to dupe you.
            Maybe very small people may troll but I believe most posts are genuine because they are asking about serious issues. Why would anyone troll when this forum isn't very popular or it's not like they will become a famous or gain benefits. Also how can you tell if its genuine or troll posts it's not like you can read their mind.
            Last edited by MrConfused; 15-01-19, 10:49 AM.

Comment

I am a senior member, I contribute to this forum a lot so would I troll? obviously not! He closed down my post without providing any explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by MrConfused View Post

You allowed these posts https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...-please-advise and this one https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...e-for-marriage
                But you didn't allow my post called "Would you marry again?" Don't you agree my and above posts are similar in nature or same subject. We are all asking advise for getting married second time but you closed my post and allowed others so I don't see logic behind closing down posts. This is why I said posts are getting closed randomly. I can give you more examples but I don't want to waste your time. I'll come and say more about this later.
                "Would you" questions are hypothetical and I generally don't allow them. Plus, you have other more pressing issues to take care of before you even think about marriage. I trust the matter is settled.

Comment

"Would you" questions are hypothetical and I generally don't allow them. Plus, you have other more pressing issues to take care of before you even think about marriage. I trust the matter is settled.
                  Thank you for your reply, brother I don't want to get married but people around me pushing me into it. Anyways I understood you now.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisIsJannah View Post
                    I am a senior member, I contribute to this forum a lot so would I troll? obviously not! He closed down my post without providing any explanation.
                    yes Abdullah does questionable things and it seems as though he is not wise.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisIsJannah View Post
                      Yes Abdullah does questionable things and it seems as though he is not wise.

Comment

Kids today...

Comment

Abu Abdullah, do you get some sort of kick when you close valid threads?

And why does your definition of 'valid' have to override others?

Awaits response of a sarcastic nature...

Comment

Originally posted by Curious X View Post
                            Abu Abdullah, do you get some sort of kick when you close valid threads?

And why does your definition of 'valid' have to override others?

Awaits response of a sarcastic nature...
                            Hey moron, I replied in your other thread.

Comment

Hey moron, I replied in your other thread.
                              that is just rude... You know better. A moron lacks intellect. If your parents saw this, you would change It 90% am sure

Comment

Working...
                              X