Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spammers: Misunderstood?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

    That would never have happened, had you bought the JML copper stone griddle pan from Argos for £30.
    My one cost £20 and I shall not use it again so actually my loss was less.

    Comment


    • #17
      This is an indirect mockery thread

      My thoughts:

      If you are suspicious of an individual's activity on this forum, for example if you think they're creating discord then you should discuss this with the other moderators and come to a conclusion to ban them (with the relevant evidence).

      Recently, some of the older mods have been active. Sajid is away but that doesn't matter because you don't need the admin to ban a member.

      It's much better than mocking them.


      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

      So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
        This is an indirect mockery thread

        My thoughts:

        If you are suspicious of an individual's activity on this forum, for example if you think they're creating discord then you should discuss this with the other moderators and come to a conclusion to ban them (with the relevant evidence).

        Recently, some of the older mods have been active. Sajid is away but that doesn't matter because you don't need the admin to ban a member.

        It's much better than mocking them.

        -_-

        Comment


        • #19
          I'll never forget my 100% GENUINE thread that got closed as spam.

          Comment


          • #20
            Misunderstood is right. You get a sister enthusiastic about kitchenware and shows such passion for the art. Feelings develop, proposals are considered.... only to find it was a bot. Two days later, it is banned as part of a spammer purge some bored mod carried out. That horrible empty feeling ensues, everything is a lie, etc. Then people ask why depression is on the rise.
            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

            "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by علي View Post
              Misunderstood is right. You get a sister enthusiastic about kitchenware and shows such passion for the art. Feelings develop, proposals are considered.... only to find it was a bot. Two days later, it is banned as part of a spammer purge some bored mod carried out. That horrible empty feeling ensues, everything is a lie, etc. Then people ask why depression is on the rise.
              Spam rarely gets reported so maybe people are taking advantage of the offers.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by علي View Post
                Misunderstood is right. You get a sister enthusiastic about kitchenware and shows such passion for the art. Feelings develop, proposals are considered.... only to find it was a bot. Two days later, it is banned as part of a spammer purge some bored mod carried out. That horrible empty feeling ensues, everything is a lie, etc. Then people ask why depression is on the rise.
                You mean the user Tupperware girl was fake?

                heart broken
                Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

                  lol lol rofl lol
                  That's not proper English.

                  Perhaps you need a Certificate in IELTS, ESOL, EFL, ESL?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by shay5 View Post
                    Anyone want a Red, British Passport?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

                      Anyone want a Red, British Passport?
                      100% genuine thread: https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...lity-guarantee

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

                        That's not proper English.

                        Perhaps you need a Certificate in IELTS, ESOL, EFL, ESL?
                        A’A is too smart for his own good
                        That is why he is always misunderstood:
                        Most here possess minds that are most dull,
                        So they confuse [his] roundabout ways for being a troll
                        Expressions can be plain, though indirect,
                        If one but possesses a little intellect;
                        But if something [truthful] is said, with a little tact,
                        You may misunderstand, but is it any less a fact?

                        He questions everything, like an inspector
                        Though he knows, he’ll receive not an answer
                        And he probes his opponent, unceasingly
                        And his opponent, who argues, deceivingly, -
                        At last exposed, of his design and wiles,
                        So another method, he artfully trials:
                        Name calling, and trolling accusation,
                        Or another, called the creation of ‘straw man’

                        Haha.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                          The policy with spam is to delete the posts and ban the users.

                          I'm wondering if we're being too hard on them. They could be GENUINE. Maybe it's a SINCERE effort to bring useful products and services to the people.

                          Thoughts?
                          Quit trolling.

                          If a spammer or even an ordinary poster is misunderstood, it is because of his bad language and poor concept of grammar.

                          Nobody can be blamed for another’s unintelligible speech. Not even his GCSE English teacher.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            You use the ban hammer to deal with a spammer.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X