No announcement yet.

How many sections do we need?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question! How many sections do we need?

Current List:

Lounge
    Members Section
    Travel Forum
    Ummah Radio
    Ramadhan Forum
    Current Events
    Marriage
    Islamic Parenting
    Food & Health
    Islamic Lifestyle & Social Issues
    Charities and Fundraising
    New Muslims Support Area
    Questions About Islam / Muslim
    General Islamic Topics
    Hajj & Umrah Forum
    Jinns / Ruqya / Unseen
    Qur'an Audio/Video
    Islamic Lectures & Reminders
    Poetry & Nasheed
    Education Zone
    Learn Arabic and Other Languages
    Islamic History & Persons
    Digital Highway
    Polling Booth
    Anonymous Posting/Counselling Forum
    Ummah Forum Projects
    Comparative Religion
    More Sections
    15.38%
    Fewer Sections
    84.62%

Marriage
    lounge
    current events
    lifestyle and issues
    anon
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

we need more
      “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
      they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

Comment

I have always believed in having fewer and more general sections compared to bloated messes like the current situation.
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

There's too much clutter.

Comment

Remove Comparative Religions section. It is really dead, and used to serve the trolls and people who like to argue. If people have questions they can direct it to the Questions about Islam or take it to the Lounge for discussion. No need to debate other religions, Muslims are here to give the message and move on.

New Muslims & Questions about Islam/Muslims should be merged into one section.

We we really don't need a Members section, the Lounge should cover that.

Food and Health should be merged into Islamic Lifestyle & Social Issues.

Ramadan can be Merged with Hajj & Umrah.

Education Zone can take in Learn Arabic & Other Language along withIslamic History & Persons.

Marraige shouldn't be touched unless, maybe, you want to include Islamic Parenting since they go hand in hand.

New Section called something along the lines of 'Islamic Media' should take in Quran Audio & Video and Islamic Lectures and Reminders.
            Last edited by Abisali; 05-07-18, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Agree too many! Less the better i think

Comment

Originally posted by sajid View Post
                Agree too many! Less the better i think
                Might start working on it soon.

Comment

Yes, I think its best if we merge, but the challenge is how to merge them.
                  Actually i like the way it is categorised currently.

How then do we merge, but still able to see the categorisation accordingly

Comment

Far too many useless sections.

It does nothing but divide the members into compartments.

You could have a techy question and post it in "digital forum" it you wont get a reply for 2 weeks and
                    had you asked in the lounge somebody could have helped you 5 minutes.

Or you start a thread and it gets moved to some useless corner where nobody will see it.

CLOSE THESE USELESS SECTIONS AND HAVE ONLY 4 OR 5 SECTIONS PLEASE

its Killing the Forum

Comment

on second thoughts we do have too many
                      “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
                      they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

Comment

The popular (Most topics and posts) sections should go in one category. It'll be easier to access, especially when you're on your phone.

Other sections can just be clumped with others

{ Qur'an Audio/Video & Islamic Lectures & Reminders } - merge

{New Muslims Support Area Questions About Islam / Muslim} - merge

{Ummah Forum Projects & Charities and Fundraising} - merge

Learn Arabic and Other Languages & Islamic History & Persons - merge

Polling section can be deleted. Waste of space. We don't need to know what Ice -cream flavour is popular with the Muslims
                        Last edited by shay5; 11-07-18, 03:21 PM.
                        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

I agree with shay5 about the polling section. It doesn't benefit us at all.

Something needs to be done about the anon section. Some people posting rubbish. Perhaps make it so that you have to be a member to post on that section but somehow have the option of hiding your username.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post
                            ...Something needs to be done about the anon section...
                            I'm in favour of scrapping it.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

I'm in favour of scrapping it.
                              I forgot that section existed. I agree with your sentiment on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X