Ever been to a wedding where...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ever been to a wedding where...

Why dont they cover the head all the time. Allah doesnt do his job part time does he? So I dont see why we should only be muslims part time when it suits us! U get me!
    Oh Allah,
    Make me want that which is beneficial for me...
    And make beneficial for me that which I want.

Comment

Originally posted by jimm View Post
      Isn't half a scarf covering someones head better than no scarf covering the head?

I sense a bit of "i am more religious than you are" going on here.
      Yes it is, if it is done with the intention of shielding the girls awrah from non mahram, then yes, I guess it is an effort...

But when done for some stupid cultural reason, and doing it for 5 minutes and then taking it off again...that isnt better...thats just sad...
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by TEH View Post
        Yeah I remember this, I saw one lady put a plate on her head once, and I started giggling, this was when I was young so you cant shout at me, and well, everyone started looking at me, and I just couldnt stop laughing...and suddenly my dad gives me this death stare which screams..

GET OUT OF THE HALL BEFORE I SLAP YOU SILLY...

And so I did what any kid does...I ran for my life... :D
        I have heard of ppl using tissues on their heads and some even share the thin daputtas between themselves
        Yawmaithin tu’a A’radoona la takhfa minkum khafiyatun [69:18]
        :love:
        "Then which of the blessings of your Lord will you deny?" (Qur'an 55:13)

Comment

Originally posted by jimm View Post
          I sense a bit of "i am more religious than you are" going on here.
          I think it's more of a "it's a bit stupid to just randomly plop a scarf on ur head for an imam doing dua and ignore what islam says about covering the rest of ur life"
          [CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][B]My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.[COLOR=sienna]- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi[/COLOR][/B]

[/FONT][/CENTER]
          [/CENTER]
          [CENTER][CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Shaykh al-Shadhili

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Jibreel (as)
          [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
          [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][I][SIZE=4] ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ[/SIZE]<o></o>[/I][/B]
          [B]O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
          Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. [COLOR=Sienna]- Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

[/COLOR][/B][I][B][SIZE=4]أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.[COLOR=Sienna]ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]
          [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Na'ima View Post
            I have heard of ppl using tissues on their heads and some even share the thin daputtas between themselves
            Yknow, I was thinking, maybe at the next wedding, I'll wear hijaab too, just to show respect to the Quran, HEY MAYBE EVEN NIQAB, I DIG THE NINJA LOOK... :hidban:

Comment

Originally posted by TEH View Post
              Yknow, I was thinking, maybe at the next wedding, I'll wear hijaab too, just to show respect to the Quran, HEY MAYBE EVEN NIQAB, I DIG THE NINJA LOOK... :hidban:
              Are you a male or female? :S

I always wear hijab at weddings! Even my own bro's wedding.
              Yawmaithin tu’a A’radoona la takhfa minkum khafiyatun [69:18]
              :love:
              "Then which of the blessings of your Lord will you deny?" (Qur'an 55:13)

Comment

You see, if you dont know my gender, it really kills the joke... :(

Comment

Truth786 are those crosses on your signature? No offence but they look like swastikas.
                  The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
                  X