Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tihihihi you and your friend become in laws?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tihihihi you and your friend become in laws?

I have this good friend, been friends since pre-uni years, know her almost very well, been getting along well, you know, you would like a friend who doesnt think that youre competing with her:inlove: and she/he also thinks youre not competing (what's the point of competing anyway when you both are from two different fields, and completely two different "creature" tihihihi), encouraging one another, you enjoy her company that you tried to persuade your prof to take her as one of the uni staff, and alhamdulillah qadrullah mashaAllah, she had been accepted, due to her/his quality of course, not that your persuasion worked anyway tihihihihi:D. She got married and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl (adorable:inlove:), and you want this baby girl (or if she has other baby girl/son to marry your baby son/girl, well, not while they are babies of course:p looooooool ok ok, dont tell me about some traditional/cultural baby marriages in India lol. looool have you guys ever thought this kind of thing?:D

Re: Tihihihi you and your friend become in laws?

Maybe we think of these things, but when we think of these ideas and get too obsessed with them or stuck in them, this is when the problems of forced marriages etc originate from. So yeah it may be a cute idea, like aww we each have a son and daughter similar age, why dnt they get married when they are older :inlove: we have 2 realise that what if they don't want to marry each other? we can not presume it, then become disappointed when they want to marry someone different.
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by anna2000uk
      Maybe we think of these things, but when we think of these ideas and get too obsessed with them or stuck in them, this is when the problems of forced marriages etc originate from. So yeah it may be a cute idea, like aww we each have a son and daughter similar age, why dnt they get married when they are older :inlove: we have 2 realise that what if they don't want to marry each other? we can not presume it, then become disappointed when they want to marry someone different.
      yea, of course youre totally right anna lol:D just u know, something funny and cute you could think of sometimes, that make you smile tihihihi

Comment

yeah... lol I have thought of it myself :D but I try not to get too carried away :p
        ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by anna2000uk
          yeah... lol I have thought of it myself :D but I try not to get too carried away :p
          :embar::D

Comment

tihihihi :D:D
            Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM7L5Wm7q0

‎"If she's not on the deen, she's not fit to be your queen. If he hasn't got imaan, he's not fit to be your man."

Comment

I sometimes think I would ask my son to marry one of my friends daughter cuz they are a good islamic family :D
              "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

^^ MashAllah you have a son! Wow! :D May Allah Ta'ala bless and guide him always.

My friend always hints along those lines should we ever be blessed with children inshAllah. Makes me uncomfortable so i jus say hmmm. I mean what if i don't like her kids :S

Horrid situation :rotfl:

Allah Ta'ala is the best of planners subhanAllah :D
                No Allah No Peace.
                Know Allah Know Peace.

Comment

I personally don;t think it;s kinda right..
                  No mater how good your friendas with next eprson.. it;s YOUR friendship.. and to "impose" soemthing on a child is not fair... Reason being that the child will grow up one day and have a mind of his/her own...

whether that fits with what you think as a parent or not is nto something anyone can forsee... and if you have made "plans" when the child was a wee nipper.. then it;s a storm brewing!

so, leave ya kids single untill they can think for themselves.. and then advise them good, honest, un-biased and wisdom filled directions! :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi
                    I sometimes think I would ask my son to marry one of my friends daughter cuz they are a good islamic family :D
                    Yeah I think if as the kids get older, u see that ur friend's kid is developing a really good character and also u know the parents so u know it's a good family, it's no harm to suggest it. But I would leave it until they are actually near a marriageable age :D and if they say no they are totally not interested in that person, then u gta accept that
                    ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

It's kind of natural, IMO, to think about your children and who would make a good match for them, but in no way do you formalise any of it at any stage! It's slightly...fairytale-ish/dream like state thinking :p Doesn't necessarily mean you should follow it through though.

Making a suggestion when they are of marriageable age, as Anna said, would be a good way of doing it. Or, by then, you might have changed your mind!

AllahuAlim.
                      You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by TinyTerror View Post
                        ^^ MashAllah you have a son! Wow! :D May Allah Ta'ala bless and guide him always.

My friend always hints along those lines should we ever be blessed with children inshAllah. Makes me uncomfortable so i jus say hmmm. I mean what if i don't like her kids :S

Horrid situation :rotfl:

Allah Ta'ala is the best of planners subhanAllah :D
                        Oh that was funny ROFL
                        If We Had Perfect Power Like Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'ala To Determine Our Destinies, and Perfect Vision Like Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'ala To See The Future and Know What Is Best For Us, We Would Choose Exactly The Fate That Allah Chose For Us.

Comment

Your friend may be of excellent Islamic character, but what if her baby doesn't grow up that way? Or what if your child doesn't grow up that way? Wait till the kids are of marriageable age before thinking of who to match them up with. Chances are the kids have probably already set their sights on someone anyway :p
                          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
                          X