Shia-Sunni Intermarriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shia-Sunni Intermarriage

this is really hard no one can satisfy me that shias are kafir i dontknow where to go and ask.

Comment

Originally posted by alikk View Post
      this is really hard no one can satisfy me that shias are kafir i dontknow where to go and ask.
      u like a shia girl? ur other posts were too long i only read like 3 lines. if u like her and if she likes u, convert her to sunnism :up: and then u should marry her. dont marry a shia also i think it also depends on her beliefs... if shes one of those strict shias, then forget it. move on.
      Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Not a good idea I tell ya. way too many differences.
        Lemme tell you a story;
        my 2nd cousin went to get married in pakistan. they saw the girl and all. they finalized the rishta and decided on a date. when their family went to the girls house for nikah, the maulvi sahib seemed you not , dressed somewhat differently. anyways, teh ceremony proceeded and then they realized the maulvi sahib was reciting something kinda different than sunnis do. Would you believe tha it was at that time my cousin was told that the girl and her family were shias? Guys, they freaked /flipped out. but being very decent and respectable people and having daughters of their own, the proceeded with the nikah.
        Anyways, after the shadi, my cousin had a talk with his wifey and explained to her that their children would not be shias. She told him that she would teach her kids what she knows and believes. I guess he flipped out and told her that they should have disclosed this and other " pertinent" info when the famalies had initially met. I have no idea why these peopel were ok to marry their daughter to a sunni and then expect him to be ok about the kids being shias. This was a while back and i dont know what happened but they are still married. it seems , like jews, the shias believe if the mother is shia, then the kids are automatically shias. The thing is that neither family is particularly religious.
        46 & 2?

Comment

I think the following answers many critical questions regarding Shia and Sunni:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiZ-8CgCVDo

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleQuest View Post
            AsalaamuAlaikum,

I'm a sister looking for an answer to some thoughts I have in my mind about marriage in Islam. If you can take some time to answer this question, as thoroughly as possible, I would really appreciate it. JazakAllah. Or if you know of someone who is well versed in the topic and may provide a better answer, please direct me to them.

My question is do with inter-marriage between sunnis and shias.

I am a sunni woman and wondering about marriage to a shia man. At this stage in my life, I am looking at getting married in the next couple of years. A friend who is shia, has recently been of some interest. I respect his values and attiquettes and they way he is. Of course, before I take any irrational steps or do something the deen does not agree with, ie. talk to him about the interest and potential marriage, I would like to make sure this is permissible. Religion is one of the most important factors to look at when deciding on a partner for marriage.

Speaking with fellow friends and family, I've heard many different things. I want to look at this logically and see is there really such a difference. Do the shias believe something that a muslim should not? The shias are not a different faith entirely, but simple a different sect, and I know we even have variations within the sunnis. What is it exactly that makes me a sunni and him a shia? What is the core difference? Is it big enough to cause problems for my future generation. Would it be wrong for me to let the kids not get confused and only follow one side, would that classify as them not being rightly guided muslims anymore and as a result of my irrational decision to marry a shia man? Or as long as some things are decided pre-marriage, it does not matter because essentially the belief is the same, with minor differences that are harmless. Basically, is it alright for me to marry a shia man?

Or is this one of those gray areas that we are warned to stay away from. If it is not clear in the Quran, not found in Sunnah, then one should check sincerely with the heart. However, I'm afraid from the bias of the heart and it's deterioting decision making capability under the influence of the Shiataan at times. Of course, my knowledge about the Quraan and sunnah is also limited and hence I need to seek advice from a knowledgeable person or an imaam/scholaer. While I continue making duaa to Allah (SWT) to make what is right happen for me and to lead me to make a decision that makes my imaan stronger and does not lead me astray, or make me become one whom Allah dislikes. Ameen.

I will greatly appreciate any help you can provide in this matter.

JazakAllah-khair.

A sister seeking guidance
            sister i am a shia girl just learning about the sunni sect thats why i made this accound:) sister we shias believe that the kuran is complet walla, thrs no doupt, thr was a guy tht said something so wrong, we olso believe that our Prophets are perfect and higher than any Imam or sheik or Sayid, and we are not kufr, sister etwakele 3ala allah, if he is proposing to u how can u reject? even Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) accept a non muslim thn she became a muslim by his love and knowledge alhamdullah:) my friends father is hsia n his wife is sunni walla, its so lovely, the goughter is sunni n the son turned out shia, but the doughter says tht shias actualy both but i c her more sunni alhamdullah 4 everythin:)

Comment

Originally posted by MustBePatient View Post
              I was not offended.

This exactly what Khawarij would say.
              Im so so so glad they banned you, your so full of crap.
              ربِ إشرح لي صدري ويسر لي أمري

Comment

All 4 Imams regarded Shi'ites to be kaffir. Furthermore, Imam Bukhari decreed that it is sinful to even pray alongside/behind a Shi'ite amongst many other things.
                We blame our time though we are to blame.
                No fault has time but only us.
                We scold the time for all the shame.
                Did it have tongue, it would scold us.

Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

AsalaamuAlaikum,

My question is do with inter-marriage between sunnis and shias.
                  :wswrwb:

Sister, if someone who curse and slanders the Companions (ra) and the Wives (ra) of the Beloved Messenger (saaw), would you really marry that person ?

Someone who has so much animosity and anger towards the Best of Generations (ra) ?
                  'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

So no we are not allowed to marry shia? Anyone have any links that support and discuss this concept? I believe he is a Jaffrey Shia...not one of the ones you were mentioning, the Zaidi or others.

Again, I have on understanding is what is meant by saying he is a Jaffrey Shia.
                    Salam Ukthi, or AKhi,

the simple and obvious answer is anyone who rejects the Quran and the Sunnah or Rasulullah :saw: do not marry them ... since they are Munafiqs / Fasiqs ...

Al-Quran does not prescribe these concocted names and divisions, and in fact prohibits them,

:jkk:
                    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by nami View Post
                      Even though I am sunni, I am going to have to disagree with some of these points because they are not true. e.g:

The following are not true about the shia:

Only reason I know this is because there is a shia in the company I work in and he always prayers 5 times a day and will never eat anything which might have alcohol in it.

I can confirm that the following are correct because I have seen him do them or heard him approve of them:

And the following I don't know about so I can't comment:
                      Ditto and :jkk: akhi,

the deviant things they do is enough to abstain from them ... unless they return to the Siratal Mustaqim,

:jkk:
                      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

And don't forget their practice of Taq'iyah (deceit)..
                        'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Syed Alijan Jaffery Isphani (Ex.Shia)

Comment

SubhanAllah!!! If this stuff is true then it is disgusting, i have never really looked into the beliefs of the shia (except very briefly) but this stuff is horrific!

Comment

Originally posted by alikk View Post
                              Well my dear can you prove that if they are kafir cuz i can not and no one can prove if shia are kafir cuz i can not call them kafir and i dont know wht source you are talkin from. Just to let u know alot of sunnies they have different belives i seen alot of sunnies they will go to the grave yards and do sajda kiss the Qabar (grave) no one told them that they are doing shirk but if some one is talkin about sucession they are kafir. if they still belive on the mutah they are kafir they do sajda in front of one god follow the same quran and prophet and five pilars i never seen any thing in islamic jurisprudence or in islamic law any difference between these sects they just belive somehting that we dont. and beside that just look around wht we dont do the sunnies we do each and every bad thing. each and every sin. and just think about this chart do u think u can disagree to this to some we do but most we can not disagree.

The following chart compares the similarities and differences between the major Islamic sects. Please note that, as with all charts of this kind, information is generalized and should not be used as the only basis of information.
                              Sunnah Shia (or Shi'ah)
                              adherents called Sunnis Shiites, Shi'i
                              meaning of name "well-trodden path" or "tradition" "party" or "partisans" of Ali
                              current adherents 940 million 120 million
                              percentage of total Muslims 90% 10%
                              primary locations most Muslim countries Iran, Iraq, Yemen
                              subsects none, but four major schools of Muslim law are recognized Ithna 'Ashariyah (Twelvers; the largest), Isma'iliyah and Zaydiyah
                              origins c. 632 CE; theology developed especially in 10th cent. c. 632-650 CE; killing of Ali's son Husayn in 680 CE is major event
                              did Muhammad designate a successor? no yes
                              true successor of the Prophet Abu Bakr, father of the Prophet's favoured wife, 'A'ishah (elected by people of Medina) 'Ali ibn Abi Talib, husband of the Prophet's daughter Fatimah (designated by the Prophet)
                              qualifications for ruler of Islam tribe of the Prophet (Quraysh); later, any qualified ruler family of the Prophet
                              current leaders imams mujtahids
                              identity of imams human leaders infallible manifestations of God and perfect interpreters of the Qur'an
                              Al Mahdi will come in the future was already on earth, is currently the "hidden imam" who works through mujtahids to intepret Qur'an; and will return at the end of time
                              religious authority other than the Qu'ran ijma' (consensus) of the Muslim community infallible imams
                              concealing faith for self-protection (taqiya) affirmed under certain circumstances emphasized
                              temporary marriage (mut'ah) practiced in the Prophet's time, but now rejected still practiced
                              holy cities Mecca, Medina, Jerusalem
                              Mecca, Medina, Jerusalem, Najaf, Karbala

major holidays Eid al-Adha, Eid al-Fitr
                              Eid al-Adha, Eid al-Fitr, Ashura
                              What are u talking about mutah marriages? these were forbidden DURING the time of the Prophet SAW there are clear hadiths in bukhari regarding this matter, the Prophet SAW CLEARLY forbade this!

Comment

This forum may not be the best place to ask such a question, you want to ask an Ulema to get indepth knowledge about it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X