what constitutes the "Ideal" Nikah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what constitutes the "Ideal" Nikah

In the name of Allah,the Most Gracious,the Most Merciful,the Most High.All praise be to Allah,the Lord of the Heavens and the earth.
    Asalam Alaikum Wa Ramatualahi Wa Barakatu brothers and sisters in Islam.

With a lot of people on ummah planning on getting married(myself included),I was wondering;
    What do u consider the Ideal wedding day?
    Where would u like the nikah to take place?
    How many people would u like to be there?(the whole of ummahforum?)
    What kind of clothes do u plan on wearing?
    Do u want to follow the sunnah of the Prophet salalahu alaihi wa salam in how he performed the nikah?
    Or would u rather follow the traditions of ur culture?

btw this is just for the [email protected] the moment we're just talking about the nikah...not the walima...
    Our Brothers and Sisters need our help. Do what you can to help them!!
    Inna Ma Al-Usri Yusra :::::
    "Verily, with every difficulty, there is relief".(94.6)

Re: what constitutes the "Ideal" Nikah

Originally posted by Ar-Raya
    In the name of Allah,the Most Gracious,the Most Merciful,the Most High.All praise be to Allah,the Lord of the Heavens and the earth.
    Asalam Alaikum Wa Ramatualahi Wa Barakatu brothers and sisters in Islam.

With a lot of people on ummah planning on getting married(myself included),I was wondering;
    Do u want to follow the sunnah of the Prophet salalahu alaihi wa salam in how he performed the nikah?

btw this is just for the [email protected] the moment we're just talking about the nikah...not the walima...
    May I say it does not matter where you marry or what clothes you wear for it, or on what day it takes place. It is the relationship with the person you are marrying that counts. As long as you both have a good relationship with God, he will bless you, and that is all that matters.
    "Lord I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed".

Comment

ma dad l0t n0 sum revrt gettin mrrd in da l0cal park itz vkd cpt der aint g0nna b n0 ldyz der :S a menz 0nli walimah lo0o0o0l n dad unclez n al da m0sqe l0t ver plyin v0llyball in da prk n da revrt cme up 2 em n g0z ur all inv8d @ blah blah blah lo0o0o0l 0w vkd iz [email protected] :D @) :hidban:

Comment

*Bump*
        Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

Comment

Well in this day and age, not doing Haraam stuff would be very ideal... :I
          Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

What is the difference between Nikah and walima?

I'm going to get married soon (God willing of course) but we haven't planned anything yet. This is because I've never been to a muslim wedding and although I read about it on the internet it wasn't exhaustive.
            My fiance knows what should be done to be effectively married in Islam, but he doesn't know the "details" of it.

Therefore I'm VERY interested in this thread...I need to learn about this.

Especially in this moment...TODAY that i feel that the biggest obstacle to our wedding has actually been removed (masha Allah).

I always thought that I wanted to celebrate our wedding as a full immersion in my husband's culture... although what really matters is the religious aspect of it, I think that also celebrating according to the culture is a way to involve all the family and friends.
            "...Creator of the heavens and the earth! You are my Protector and my Guardian in this world and the Hereafter. Make me die as a Muslim,and join me with the righteous."12:101
            Please as you read this, make du'a to Allah SWT to guide all those "interested in Islam" to take the decisive step.

Comment

in Saudia in the Masjid-al-Haraam...directly infront of the Ka'bah -after Isha Salaah when its dark

Shaykh's and Imams of the Al-Haram and my whole family- and random ppl from the Muslim ummah.

an exclusively elegant Abayah

Insha'Allah

never!!

Comment

It should be a "true" community event like how its meant to be. No 500 people long guest list, and bouncers on the doors. People from the street would be invited in and fed etc

-Rashid
                :hidban:

Comment

Originally posted by Rashid786 View Post
                  It should be a "true" community event like how its meant to be. No 500 people long guest list, and bouncers on the doors. People from the street would be invited in and fed etc

-Rashid
                  islamically we should invite all, rich and poor, so yeh ! but then again some people,including myself, i think i'd prefer something small.
                  Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

Comment

Originally posted by muslim_sis View Post
                    islamically we should invite all, rich and poor, so yeh ! but then again some people,including myself, i think i'd prefer something small.
                    I think small is better nowadays because when you invite LOADS of people, its very difficult to maintain rules e.g. segregation, dress code, as well as it being too loud to hear the nikah etc at the front (theres ALWAYS one baby crying, or 2 people coughing )

-Rashid

Comment

Originally posted by Rashid786 View Post
                      I think small is better nowadays because when you invite LOADS of people, its very difficult to maintain rules e.g. segregation, dress code, as well as it being too loud to hear the nikah etc at the front (theres ALWAYS one baby crying, or 2 people coughing )

-Rashid
                      oh yeh , we're only talking about the nikah...i think inviting everyone , rich and poor is for the walima ?

the nikah should be a nice simple quiet thing i think !

Comment

Oh didnt think of that...i think your right

-Rashid

Comment

any description backed up by hadeeth how the nikah should be, would be good !???

Comment

Ideal nikkah {NOT WALIMAH :p} would be simple gathering at masjid with girls wali and male family members and the groom with his male family members with the imam/sheikh whoever will perform the aqd. I dont think the sister should be there..her wali is acting on her behalf..then after that, groom free to contact his now wife when he wishes :D so can come back home with her family to have nice dinner lol and perhaps prepare for walima if they want lol

Comment

ideal nikah would be me and ********* and her wali and the imam and two witnesses and whoever wants to tag along :D but first two names are most important others am willing to negotiate with
                              And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

Working...
                              X