Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When to take off Hijab

Originally posted by NoLongerLost View Post
    ^no Way That Is Ridiculous!! Off Course Not!! Duuhhh He Is Not Her Mahram So He Cant! How Stooopid!!!
    he Prophet (sas) asked if he had seen her. When the man said no, he (sas) said:

"Idh-hab fandhur ilaihaa fa innahu ahraa an yu'dama bainakum."
    "Go and look at her for it is more likely to engender love between the two of you." Ahmad and others and it is sahih.

It is permisable for a sister to remove her hijab infront of a serious suiter with her mahrem present of course. Allah knows best.

Comment

if u refering HT to Hizbutahrir ppl which r also based in Pakistan then what iv heared from my friend whos family is knwon as HT leaders, they pray kasr salah( safri salah) all the time coz they belive the World is Moving/travling n we live in this world so every1 is travling thats y cut the salah short
      Allah knows best

if they r the same than expact the unexpacted from such groups
      You like Ummah? Yes!/No!

Comment

Its a pathetic thing for a suitor to do.. do people really do this?

if a guy asked me this... i'd make sure he'd go home with a shoe engraved 'stamp of my disapproval' marked on his face..

Comment

Originally posted by *Kamilah* View Post
          Its a pathetic thing for a suitor to do.. do people really do this?

if a guy asked me this... i'd make sure he'd go home with a shoe engraved 'stamp of my disapproval' marked on his face..
          mashallah you mean if a brother had spoke to your father, and u were pleased with him yourself, you wouldnt remove your hijab to show him your beauty before he could be 100%sure??

what if after your marriage he doesnt find you attractive? but he didnt see you before to judge

Comment

Originally posted by Zahyrah View Post
            he Prophet (sas) asked if he had seen her. When the man said no, he (sas) said:

"Idh-hab fandhur ilaihaa fa innahu ahraa an yu'dama bainakum."
            "Go and look at her for it is more likely to engender love between the two of you." Ahmad and others and it is sahih.

It is permisable for a sister to remove her hijab infront of a serious suiter with her mahrem present of course. Allah knows best.
            she aint talkin about this situation but the other pointed out by bro Al Saeed abdi like u can see the figure thru sum transparent stuff which cant b true :lahawla:
            You like Ummah? Yes!/No!

Comment

The main problem about this forum, and one that angers and frustrates me so much is people seem to rant and state their own opinion and say it like it's the law of Allah. You should be very caeful, and I personally think there should be some form of mod add on where hadith and qu'ran can be inserted into the post as proof.

Seriously, I was taught that if you want to push your argument you should quote hadith and qu'ran where relivant otherwise it's hardly worth listening too as it cause more problems than anything else.

So people, basically back up your arguments.
              Get Dropbox today!
              Use this link to join up and get extra space for FREE on top of the initial FREE 2 GB - Up to 8GB FREE

Comment

mashallah you mean if a brother had spoke to your father, and u were pleased with him yourself, you wouldnt remove your hijab to show him your beauty before he could be 100%sure??

what if after your marriage he doesnt find you attractive? but he didnt see you before to judge
                ya ukhti this is in complete opposition to what Allah ta ala and his messenger have ordered, and no believing muslim man would ask a woman to do such a thing, to see the face is enough. can women also ask then to see a mans awra to make sure she will be pleased with it, based on this same interpretation of the hadith...the hair,neck,shoulders and her chest which will all become apparent if she takes off her hijab, is her awra, just as a mans awra is from the navel to the knee.

The hadith stating that he can look at what makes him marry her means he can look at her face only, remember even looking at a womans face is usually something forbidden for a man, he must lower his gaze at all times, so this hadith is simply giving the permission in the case of seeking marriage, for a man to see a womans face before marriage nothing else. think about it,Allah ta ala has forbidden a woman to display her adornmets before non mahram men, at anytime and hoping to get married to a woman does not make him anymore of a mahram than a kaffir on the street.
                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Suliman View Post
                  The main problem about this forum, and one that angers and frustrates me so much is people seem to rant and state their own opinion and say it like it's the law of Allah. You should be very caeful, and I personally think there should be some form of mod add on where hadith and qu'ran can be inserted into the post as proof.

Seriously, I was taught that if you want to push your argument you should quote hadith and qu'ran where relivant otherwise it's hardly worth listening too as it cause more problems than anything else.

If we start posting Hadeeth it doesn't make it anymore correct, because we are nothing next to the scholars. We are layman, and for most of us it is dangerous to quote Hadeeth and Qur'an, because quite frankly we don't know what we are talking about. We cannot speak about Islam with just one Ayaa, from the exclusion of everything else. It is better to let the scholars do their job, and for us to follow them.

I would advise against quoting hadeeth, because if we are wrong then it is as if we have invented a lie against Allah (swt). It is more befitting for us to quote scholars, that use daleel in their arguments.

Ma'aSalaam

Comment

yeh people listen to Mr been a member for like 3 years and only made 13 very good posts, suleiman!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Saeed Abdi View Post
                      If we start posting Hadeeth it doesn't make it anymore correct, because we are nothing next to the scholars. We are layman, and for most of us it is dangerous to quote Hadeeth and Qur'an, because quite frankly we don't know what we are talking about. We cannot speak about Islam with just one Ayaa, from the exclusion of everything else. It is better to let the scholars do their job, and for us to follow them.

I would advise against quoting hadeeth, because if we are wrong then it is as if we have invented a lie against Allah (swt). It is more befitting for us to quote scholars, that use daleel in their arguments.

Ma'aSalaam
                      Sorry, I only took notice of a small part there, but from that bit, it kinda made sense.

But seriously, what you have just posted is retarded. According to you, it makes more sense to say what you want because you don't know hadith and quran..... ok so ignorance is bliss, right?
                      Last edited by Suliman; 07-12-06, 08:59 PM.
                      Get Dropbox today!
                      Use this link to join up and get extra space for FREE on top of the initial FREE 2 GB - Up to 8GB FREE

Comment

I was referring to the figure business.

with regards to showing hair..i might be a little reluctant to just take my hijab off like that..but if i liked him before hand..and all was well... then..maybe.
                        Last edited by Umm 'Umarah; 07-12-06, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I only took notice of a small part there, but from that bit, it kinda made sense.

But seriously, what you have just posted is retarded. According to you, it makes more sense to say what you want because you don't know hadith and quran..... ok so ignorance is bliss, right?
                          Thank you for demonstrating exactly why it is dangerous for us to start quoting Hadeeth. Now please read the rest of what I said, as a whole and within it's correct context. Jazaak Allahu khair.

Ma'aSalaama

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Saeed Abdi View Post
                            Thank you for demonstrating exactly why it is dangerous for us to start quoting Hadeeth. Now please read the rest of what I said, as a whole and within it's correct context. Jazaak Allahu khair.

Ma'aSalaama
                            I give up... *bangs head repeatedly off wall*
                            Get Dropbox today!

Comment

This has been discussed in GREAT detail before.

Do a search Insh'Allah :up:

To save you the trouble ( ) here it is:

Taking Hijaab Off

and for the Ladies:

When To Take Hijaab Off

Happy reading!
                              Last edited by Ebony; 07-12-06, 09:06 PM.
                              You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by NoLongerLost View Post
                                he cant see her hair before marriage because he is not her mahram...ONLY AFTER WHEN HE IS HER MAHRAM IS IT ALLOWED!
                                I agree, but a LOT (too many IMO) of brothers and sisters think that you can see a womans hair b4 marriage i.e. if you are deciding whether to marry that person or not- which is pretty stupid, because at the end of the he is a strange (non mahrem) man, she is a strange (non mahrem)woman.
                                Yawmaithin tu’a A’radoona la takhfa minkum khafiyatun [69:18]
                                :love:
                                "Then which of the blessings of your Lord will you deny?" (Qur'an 55:13)

Comment

Working...
                                X