Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One reason to let your wife walk in front of you

Equal rights
    A heart warming story of the advances of women in achieving equality throughout the world…Barbara Walters did a story on gender roles in Kuwait several years before the Gulf War. She noted that women customarily walked about 10 feet behind their husbands.

She returned to Kuwait recently and observed that men now walked several yards behind their wives. Ms.Walters approached one of the women and said, ‘This is marvellous. Can you tell the free world just what enabled women to achieve this reversal of roles?’

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    \/

‘Land mines…’ said the Kuwaiti women.
    Last edited by Arsalan; 16-05-06, 12:19 PM.
    "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

: One reason to let your wife walk in front of you

i dont know any dalil behind women walking in front of or behind men

nor do i particularly think that a muslim walking in front of her husband is a sign of liberation

nor do i accept that muslim women are oppressed because they are muslim

anyone, men or women, are oppressed because islam is not being implemented in their society
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Re: : One reason to let your wife walk in front of you

^Agree totally.

As someone once said, such "thinking is the product of a colonized mind."
      "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak
        i dont know any dalil behind women walking in front of or behind men

nor do i particularly think that a muslim walking in front of her husband is a sign of liberation

nor do i accept that muslim women are oppressed because they are muslim

anyone, men or women, are oppressed because islam is not being implemented in their society
        totally agree....... what's this with the west and "muslim women r oppressed". u gotta admit their definition for liberty is a bit absurd and shallow
        Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

just like in the victorian era, women were treated as possesions, this example of a woman walking behind a man is no different....it is supposed to show the superiority of the man, and is purely culturaly based.

what is it with the western worlds' fascination with 'liberation' of muslim women...we are fine alhamdulilah as we are(obviously we need abit of tweaking the Islam domain)!..leave us alone!..u are the ones who need to reform, not us.

Comment

Re: One reason to let your wife walk in front of you

LOL:rofl1:
            "Religion is to do right. It is to love, it is to think, it is to serve, it is to be humble."
            -first and foremost, america has turned its back on God
            -it has turned its back on the statements of its origin, regarding equality, justice and liberty
            -it has become a prostitute of money and will sell its very soul for a profit
            -it has taken the word, decadence, to new levels never previously known in human history
            -it has began a war against islam
            -can obama fix this? only if he is helped by God, Himself

Comment

i dnt get da joke :(

Comment

whenever someone asks me why muslim men insist on their wives walking behind them(a common misconception) I just say that the man is walking ahead to make sure the way is safe for his wife. That usually shuts them up :D
                I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Te'oma View Post
                  whenever someone asks me why muslim men insist on their wives walking behind them(a common misconception) I just say that the man is walking ahead to make sure the way is safe for his wife. That usually shuts them up :D
                  what if the wife got kidnapped without him realizing it?:p

Comment

:up:

not something they expect you to reply with lol.

only thing is... we need a way to dispel this misconception, this comeback just makes them think it really is something that is done.
                    "Religion is to do right. It is to love, it is to think, it is to serve, it is to be humble."
                    -first and foremost, america has turned its back on God
                    -it has turned its back on the statements of its origin, regarding equality, justice and liberty
                    -it has become a prostitute of money and will sell its very soul for a profit
                    -it has taken the word, decadence, to new levels never previously known in human history
                    -it has began a war against islam
                    -can obama fix this? only if he is helped by God, Himself

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
                      what if the wife got kidnapped without him realizing it?:p
                      That's why we can have 4 wives...we always have a spare :p
                      I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

That's why we can have 4 wives...we always have a spare :p

Comment

Equally, for the protective man, if your mother, wife or daughter or sister walks ahead of you, you can see any dangers that approach her from ahead, and block any dangers approaching her from behind. The other way round. Well, you can block the dangers from ahead, but neither see, nor block, the dangers from behind.

If she is beside you, there is no time gap in leaping to her defense.

Two good reasons for having her (the several hers) with you or ahead of you.

Hanifa
                          I didn't "REVERT" - I EVOLVED
                          Those to whom we gave Scripture before it believe in the Quran. They say, we believe in it! when it is recited to them; 'verily, all of it is the Truth from our Lord. Indeed, even before it we have been Muslims . Quran 28:52-53

Comment

Should she even come out of the house

*just joking please don't bark at me

Comment

Asalamu Aleykum
                              It does get a bit tiring having to explain to non muslim and muslim men that it isnt all about them . Yeah .. Allah subhana watacala gave as ALL rights , and were all equal in his sight . Islam come to liberate us ALL .

The only way we can surpass each other is through rightiousness . We should leave it for the couple to decide . Front ,back or beside . It shouldnt be because of fear of land mines but rather the punishment by Allah because you treated his other slave unfairly . We all know about what happens to the man who is unfair he becomes lope sided ...try crossing a thin bridge when your dont have an even distibution of your weight .. exactly .

ps woke up on the wrong side of the bed:(
                              [COLOR="#800080"]You are saying," I belong to Allaah as a servant and I am going to return to Him". So whoever knows that he belongs to Allaah as a servant and that he will return to Him, then he should know that he will be stopped. And whoever knows that he will be stopped, then he should know that he will be questioned. And whoever knows that he will be questioned, then let him prepare an answer for the question.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X