I didnt intend to accuse you i just spoke from what i observed
    and yes your right
    forgive me if i offended you
    You don't have to apologize, it's ok

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Iwnbd1 View Post
    I just remember that the seerah of the prophet pbuh mentions certain attributes of arabs
    Before or after islam
    after sahaba converted alot changed

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied

You're treating me very polite by accusing me of something I've distanced myself. Even if I did generalize, the fact that I kept denying is at least a good sign. What happend to thinking good of fellow muslims?
    I didnt intend to accuse you i just spoke from what i observed
    and yes your right
    forgive me if i offended you

Leave a comment:

• Iwnbd1
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    If u look into the story properly and you look at the sunnah of the prophet :saw:

youl see that what u said about people in the prophets time saying stuff is wrong as the prophet always encouraged being polite and kind to people and not being rude
    no where in the sunnah does it say yh be honest to the point where you say someone is ugly to their face
    You're treating me very polite by accusing me of something I've distanced myself. Even if I did generalize, the fact that I kept denying is at least a good sign. What happend to thinking good of fellow muslims?

Leave a comment:

• Iwnbd1
    replied
    nvm
    Last edited by Iwnbd1; 14-02-18, 11:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    And try not to use wikipedia for informatiom regarding islam
    stick to quran and hadith books eg bukhari muslim

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    If u look into the story properly and you look at the sunnah of the prophet :saw:

youl see that what u said about people in the prophets time saying stuff is wrong as the prophet always encouraged being polite and kind to people and not being rude
    no where in the sunnah does it say yh be honest to the point where you say someone is ugly to their face

Leave a comment:

• Iwnbd1
    replied
    I just remember that the seerah of the prophet pbuh mentions certain attributes of arabs

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied

I'm not having this debate again.

A sahabi called Julaybib was described as ugly: http://www.sunnah.org/history/Sahaba/julaibib.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julaybib
    Lol thats ironic

​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Iwnbd1
    replied

also this thing about muslims in the prophets time talking about peoples looks ca you provide evidence please
    I'm not having this debate again.

A sahabi called Julaybib was described as ugly: http://www.sunnah.org/history/Sahaba/julaibib.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julaybib

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied

I'm arab myself. I didn't generalize, I was simply giving an honest answer about my own personal experience. I'm known in my environment to always say what I think, but maybe I need to unlearn that. I apologize if I hurt people's feelings in the proces. That was not my intention in the first place.

I do feel that this ummah is far gone if muslims are going to treat eachother in hostile fashion because of differences of opinion or preferences. During the time of the prophet muslims would speak truth to eachother even if it hurt and would not treat eachother like enemies because of it. For example regarding people's looks (if someone had a less appealing feature they wouldn't shy away to describe this feature as such).
    U generalised that was the issue

also this thing about muslims in the prophets time talking about peoples looks ca you provide evidence please

Leave a comment:

• Iwnbd1
    replied

Its bcoz u talked negatively about arabs from what i remember
    I'm arab myself. I didn't generalize, I was simply giving an honest answer about my own personal experience. I'm known in my environment to always say what I think, but maybe I need to unlearn that. I apologize if I hurt people's feelings in the proces. That was not my intention in the first place.

I do feel that this ummah is far gone if muslims are going to treat eachother in hostile fashion because of differences of opinion or preferences. During the time of the prophet muslims would speak truth to eachother even if it hurt and would not treat eachother like enemies because of it. For example regarding people's looks (if someone had a less appealing feature they wouldn't shy away to describe this feature as such).
    Last edited by Iwnbd1; 14-02-18, 11:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Since this topic, I feel less comfortable talking about my personal affairs on this forum, feel like the whole forum hates me due to my preference
    Its bcoz u talked negatively about arabs from what i remember

Leave a comment:

• Iwnbd1
    replied
    Since this topic, I feel less comfortable talking about my personal affairs on this forum, feel like the whole forum hates me due to my preference

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    ---
    Last edited by Ya'sin; 05-02-18, 09:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X