Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yh completely agree

Comment

• I have found that those who are most perturbed by threads like this are those who are dark skinned and think everything is about racism rather than preference. Perhaps they are defensive because of racism that they experience in their daily lives. Or maybe even been rejected by a suitor's family because of skin color. Though I can't relate, I do understand.
      "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

• Originally posted by Musbah View Post
        I have found that those who are most perturbed by threads like this are those who are dark skinned and think everything is about racism rather than preference. Perhaps they are defensive because of racism that they experience in their daily lives. Or maybe even been rejected by a suitor's family because of skin color. Though I can't relate, I do understand.
        I think the last page or so are comments from 'white' skinned people saying that preferring a certain ethnicity is just a disguise for racism

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Last edited by Sister_2009; 04-02-18, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Yes, I actually have and still feel it when I walk into a masjid as a white revert and people look at me twice because they think I could be an informant, undercover law enforcement, or just a bigoted Trump tard looking for trouble. And as for reading the entire thread before commenting, I read enough of it to post what I posted.
            "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

• Originally posted by Musbah View Post

Yes, I actually have and still feel it when I walk into a masjid as a white revert and people look at me twice because they think I could be an informant, undercover law enforcement, or just a bigoted Trump tard looking for trouble. And as for reading the entire thread before commenting, I read enough of it to post what I posted.
              Last edited by Sister_2009; 04-02-18, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• some? That would be me sister, unless there is another person who said that they haven't read the whole thread

let me know because if it is only me that you are addressing, it's better for you to tell me directly then to pretend you aren't 'addressing anyone specifically' when you are

this is getting childish with you avoiding my posts yet you are reading them (better to ignore it all together or discuss together)

jazak Allah hu khair
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

some? That would be me sister, unless there is another person who said that they haven't read the whole thread

let me know because if it is only me that you are addressing, it's better for you to tell me directly then to pretend you aren't 'addressing anyone specifically' when you are

this is getting childish with you avoiding my posts yet you are reading them (better to ignore it all together or discuss together)

jazak Allah hu khair
                  Yes, some. There are 13 pages of replies. But, if you want to assume that the shoe fits you, go for it; nothing I say or do is going to change you being angry about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post

Yes, some. There are 13 pages of replies. But, if you want to assume that the shoe fits you, go for it; nothing I say or do is going to change you being angry about it.
                    but you have read all the replies here

I just wanted to know who else said they haven't read all the replies on this thread except me, that's all you had to answer and that is all I was asking from you

please do let me know

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

but you have read all the replies here

I just wanted to know who else said they haven't read all the replies on this thread except me, that's all you had to answer and that is all I was asking from you

please do let me know

All posts are available to read. Scroll through it as I did.

Comment

• ---
                        Last edited by Ya'sin; 05-02-18, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Since this topic, I feel less comfortable talking about my personal affairs on this forum, feel like the whole forum hates me due to my preference

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwnbd1 View Post
                            Since this topic, I feel less comfortable talking about my personal affairs on this forum, feel like the whole forum hates me due to my preference
                            Its bcoz u talked negatively about arabs from what i remember

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Its bcoz u talked negatively about arabs from what i remember
                              I'm arab myself. I didn't generalize, I was simply giving an honest answer about my own personal experience. I'm known in my environment to always say what I think, but maybe I need to unlearn that. I apologize if I hurt people's feelings in the proces. That was not my intention in the first place.

I do feel that this ummah is far gone if muslims are going to treat eachother in hostile fashion because of differences of opinion or preferences. During the time of the prophet muslims would speak truth to eachother even if it hurt and would not treat eachother like enemies because of it. For example regarding people's looks (if someone had a less appealing feature they wouldn't shy away to describe this feature as such).
                              Last edited by Iwnbd1; 14-02-18, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwnbd1 View Post

I'm arab myself. I didn't generalize, I was simply giving an honest answer about my own personal experience. I'm known in my environment to always say what I think, but maybe I need to unlearn that. I apologize if I hurt people's feelings in the proces. That was not my intention in the first place.

I do feel that this ummah is far gone if muslims are going to treat eachother in hostile fashion because of differences of opinion or preferences. During the time of the prophet muslims would speak truth to eachother even if it hurt and would not treat eachother like enemies because of it. For example regarding people's looks (if someone had a less appealing feature they wouldn't shy away to describe this feature as such).
                                U generalised that was the issue

also this thing about muslims in the prophets time talking about peoples looks ca you provide evidence please

Comment

Working...
                                X