Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

Assalam Alykum brothers and sisters
    I am 22 and been married for over one year and started wearing niqab without eye veil from then as it was an arranged marriage and I was happy to comply when asked if I’ll wear more modest clothes post marriage. I used to wear colorful clothes that were lose fitting and hijab only. (I was brought up in a western country and moved to Middle East post marriage)
    And as promised before the marriage I now wear only lose black abaya, jilbab and a niqab even at home as we live with extended family members.
    And since few months he isn’t happy with the way my niqab is showing my eyes and told me he doesn’t like how other men stare at my eyes :(
    Alhmadulillah, he sees me in the most beautiful way and told me he wants to keep my beauty just for him.
    And he did explain to me very nicely that it’s said,
    “O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks(veils) all over their bodies(i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is the Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Quran 33:59)”

I tried covering one eye only for a day and it gave me a headache so I stopped doing it. And my husband isn’t happy with me and I feel guilty because I did promise before marriage I’d do it but I’m worried about covering eyes with an eye veil and going about my day. He even bought me a beautiful four layered expensive niqab couple of days back which is making me feel even more guilty because he is really caring and is a great husband.
    Am I doing wrong by not listening to him because I know my body should only be visible to my husband. Should I try wearing eye veil?

Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

Wa'alaykumsalaam,

Have you tried covering both eyes and seeing if it doesn't give you a headache? If it still hurts despite trying that then maybe you can explain that to him?

Comment

Originally posted by Deen95 View Post
      Wa'alaykumsalaam,

Have you tried covering both eyes and seeing if it doesn't give you a headache? If it still hurts despite trying that then maybe you can explain that to him?
      this

Comment

alaikum wasalam

You husband should be more concerned with fulfilling your rights to accomodation before making demands on you as he is clearly not doing that now.
        He should focus on not oppressing you by forcing you to wear hijab 24/7.

He sounds weak,controlling and insecure.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
          alaikum wasalam

You husband should be more concerned with fulfilling your rights to accomodation before making demands on you as he is clearly not doing that now.

Maybe they should go to live in a seperate house.
          Or a cave in the mountains (sarcasm)
          And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault

Comment

But sis if you buy 3 layer niqab you can easily cover both eyes?

(I understand having one eye covered causes headache i yhink covering both wont)
            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

alaikum wasalam

Why are you trying to cause fitna in her marriage? Taqillah!
              The man has gheerah and its a beautifull trait, may Allah bless the sisters marriage Allahumma ameen
              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                The man has gheerah and its a beautifull trait, may Allah bless the sisters marriage Allahumma ameen
                If he had any real sincere gheerah he would not force his wife to live with non-mahrams. What man with gheerah does that?

Never confuse islamic gheerah with jahil cultural oppression and insecure male weakness.

Comment

I don't know if this is gheera.
                  She is obligated to wear a niqab in her house, do they live with non mahrams?

If so it is better to find seperate housing.
                  Allah does not whish us difficulty but he wishes us ease.

I think it has a lot to do with his character, not a bad thing persé (somewhat controlling).
                  But that being said it is their choise and if both agree, then Alhamdoelillah.
                  And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault

Comment

In honesty I don't like niqab with eyes showing as it really does enhance the beauty of the eyes (especially as I see many sisters wearing eye liner/make up!) however there are ways to wear it that minimise how much eye is showing, without comprimizing how much you can see, if that makes sense? I can't really explain it well, i will try to look for a picture, is that allowed?

Comment

If he had any real sincere gheerah he would not force his wife to live with non-mahrams. What man with gheerah does that?

Never confuse islamic gheerah with jahil cultural oppression and insecure male weakness.
                      Originally posted by european muslim View Post
                      I don't know if this is gheera.
                      She is obligated to wear a niqab in her house, do they live with non mahrams?

If so it is better to find seperate housing.
                      Allah does not whish us difficulty but he wishes us ease.

I think it has a lot to do with his character, not a bad thing persé (somewhat controlling).
                      But that being said it is their choise and if both agree, then Alhamdoelillah.
                      Well excuse me, im skipped over OP twice and i didnt read that part, anyway maybe he has an excuse or reason, and maybe he is looking for another place Allahu alam

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Fatimah View Post
                        In honesty I don't like niqab with eyes showing as it really does enhance the beauty of the eyes (especially as I see many sisters wearing eye liner/make up!) however there are ways to wear it that minimise how much eye is showing, without comprimizing how much you can see, if that makes sense? I can't really explain it well, i will try to look for a picture, is that allowed?
                        Yea true it draws all attention to the only thing thats still showing which is the eyes.. i also preffer 3 layer (if i would be allowed to wear it) but i mean as i see it on other sisters

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Fatimah View Post
                          Tricks of the sjajtaan.

Wearing a niqab but putting on eyeliner or make up.

Comment

Well excuse me, im skipped over OP twice and i didnt read that part, anyway maybe he has an excuse or reason, and maybe he is looking for another place Allahu alam
                            He Should've looked for a new place BEFORE getting married,oppressing his wife in this manner is a serious manner

Too many muslim men try to justify oppressing women by saying it has something to do with Islam or by hiding behind their jahil kufr culture,

It's a disgusting trait for a man to oppress a woman in any way,true mark of a weak coward

Comment

He Should've looked for a new place BEFORE getting married,oppressing his wife in this manner is a serious manner

Too many muslim men try to justify oppressing women by saying it has something to do with Islam or by hiding behind their jahil kufr culture,

It's a disgusting trait for a man to oppress a woman in any way,true mark of a weak coward
                              Yes true but lets assume the house he had burned down or smt we shouldnt make bad assumptions about other muslims

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Working...
                              X