Etiquettes of Muslim Mateimonial Sites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So those brothers and sisters who have been on those sites, or those who have had friends that have shared their experience with them, how does it work?

You see a profile that seems interesting, what do you write to them?

Re: Etiquettes of Muslim Mateimonial Sites

Google Bangladeshi marital CV

That's what I learnt on UF

Comment

Some sites allow an 'invite' which means if you see a profile you like you can invite the sister to read your profile. You don't need to send a message but personally I think it's gentlemen like if you do, it shows you are making an effort and not just window shopping.
      Whatever way you do it, she may or may not reply back.
      Also, best to speak to someone that has another person reading her messages or if you have a sister yourself, get her to read your messages. It helps to avoid falling into indecent/ inappropriate talk.

Other sites don't have this feature. You just message the profile, give a brief introduction of yourself maybe. Ask them to see if they think your profile is something they would consider.

Keep it short and smart. Not lazy, too informative or desperate.
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Best to avoid Muslim sites that have public photos of users. Fitnah number one.

Choose halfourdeen/purematrimony/sakina and the likes

These ones seem to have higher standards, the others are like yucky dating sites, it can drag you into a trap you don't want to fall into.
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Above all, avoid online sites. Make it the very last option.

Go to the mosque (if you don't already) regularly to build a rapport amongst the other brothers. Not just for marriage but it is beneficial in other ways too.

Comment

Just because a sister does message you or shows an interest, don't think she is in love with you or that she is the one. Keep cool and calm because that's not how it works lol.

These things take time to get used to.

I ignored messages with 'hi' or any obvious time wasters.

Block people that are there for other reasons, use that button, it's there for a reason.

Comment

Yasin,

Why did you do a runner when the guy said ‘hi’

Comment

What etiquette's ? don't get hangup over these charades, if you know what you want and what you are looking for firmly, while your fear Allah of course, it's very simple.

Pick the most righteous profiles that are pleasing to you (select a handful) and be as direct as possible in your opening message, don't think about it, the mere question "what shall I write" is a defeatist mentality, you don't think about what you will say when you meet your friends or strangers, it comes naturally in the moment.

Prioritise the profiles of sisters that live in small towns, the more remote, the better. Online is really a numbers game were multiple people are gauging each other up, each sister is flooded with messages and is highly likely having multiple conversations at a time and as a result you may not get a response that you otherwise would have had, hence you hit the numbers, it also helps to keep your neediness at bay, because online is a cut throat business compared to reality.

The little experience I had with it was terrible, I had the false assumption that only pious religious women signed up to these things until I began to see shameless photo's and poses which completely put me off from them, but sometimes there are gem's especially in remote villages, towns etc.
                Last edited by Dawud21; 06-11-17, 11:06 PM.

Comment

alaikum wasalam

the matrimonial sites,ALL of them, are a money scam. Save your time,money,dignity and look elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded View Post
                    Yasin,

Why did you do a runner when the guy said ‘hi’
                    Freakazoids on the loose :wacko:

Comment

Personally, I would avoid cities too.

I have my reasons but they don't matter anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
                        alaikum wasalam

the matrimonial sites,ALL of them, are a money scam. Save your time,money,dignity and look elsewhere.
                        Nowhere to look

Just empty spaces and FITNA

Where to go, what to do, WHO to marry

Purematrimony is ok. If you a very desperate then you have no choice.

Every ramadan they have offers. Lmso. Wait once a year to message someone.

That's quite funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                          Personally, I would avoid cities too.

I have my reasons but they don't matter anymore
                          U would rather live in a little town in england with barely any halal shops restaurands muslims masjids and things to do or people to see ?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                            U would rather live in a little town in england with barely any halal shops restaurands muslims masjids and things to do or people to see ?
                            Yes

I'm used to that. Hardly went to restaurants anyway.

As long as we have a freezer (for the halal meat).

I miss my home town, old people and birds some chavs here and there but mostly nice posh area.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                              Yes

I'm used to that. Hardly went to restaurants anyway.

As long as we have a freezer (for the halal meat).

I miss my home town, old people and birds some chavs here and there but mostly nice posh area.
                              When i say restaurants that includes the normal small halal takeaway

That sounds terrible chavs kuffar and no muslims

Comment

Working...
                              X