No announcement yet.

Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

Originally posted by -qed- View Post
    No I mean akni. Ok it's not thaaat bad, but when someone says biryani and then gives you akni
    The fact there are like 5 names for the same type of dish that is just chicken/other-meat, potato and rice

Comment

Originally posted by horizon View Post
      The fact there are like 5 names for the same type of dish that is just chicken/other-meat, potato and rice
      no no no they're not the same. Don't insult biryani like that
      Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
        :salams:

just want to see if you reckon marriage CVs are good or not

i personally think a marriage CV doesnt do justice to the person
        Yes it doesn't, I've seen cvs and they're much better in person.
        It may be useful to know the factual kind of things, but personality wise, can't figure them out until you meet.
        ┳┻|
        ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
        ┳┻|⊂ノ
        ┻┳|
        :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

This idea seems really stupid to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
            :salams:

just want to see if you reckon marriage CVs are good or not

i personally think a marriage CV doesnt do justice to the person
            too formal, I don't like them, what if I pick up spelling mistakes:shock: egg in your face lol

Comment

I've heard the term marriage CV on this forum before but I had no idea it was actually a thing. How common are these things?

I don't know how I feel about them though. People are always different in person. They could have really good credentials but when you meet them in person you get a weird vibe from them and vice versa. I wouldn't want to miss out on someone very good for me because his CV was unimpressive and the same goes for people who look at mine if I had one.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                I've heard the term marriage CV on this forum before but I had no idea it was actually a thing. How common are these things?

I don't know how I feel about them though. People are always different in person. They could have really good credentials but when you meet them in person you get a weird vibe from them and vice versa. I wouldn't want to miss out on someone very good for me because his CV was unimpressive and the same goes for people who look at mine if I had one.
                it's similar to an online marriage profile so I get a bit confused about why some people overreact with the 'cv'

maybe it's the job like approach to marriage and the name itself

it's just the same thing, usually when you meet someone you'd want to know what they do for a living, their education, where they live etc, stuff like that

approval of their cv does not mean lets get married tomorrow, it's just the first sensible approach in my opinion, first impressions kind of thing

we all know that the majority of the times things like height, profession, education, ethnicity do matter to most muslim

it's common with Bengalis
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

It gets you an interview

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

@Ya'sin @muzzybee I guess it is an easy way to let people know all of your assets. It just sounds so impersonal. "Interview" it sounds like a job or a business deal. Whatever works I guess.

personally if I ever got one it would need to have a section where people write down there flaws. If I know the worst of it from the beginning I would feel much better about the person. These profiles and cv's make everyone seem perfect. Maybe I'm just slightly unhinged but I get very uneasy when people pretend to be better then they are and hide all the bad things...And this is why this CV thing probably won't work for me because I don't think anyone will admit there flaws.
                    Last edited by aelmo; Yesterday, 05:38 AM.

Comment

@Ya'sin @muzzybee I guess it is an easy way to let people know all of your assets. It just sounds so impersonal. "Interview" it sounds like a job or a business deal. Whatever works I guess.

personally if I ever got one it would need to have a section where people write down there flaws. If I know the worst of it from the beginning I would feel much better about the person. These profiles and cv's make everyone seem perfect. Maybe I'm just slightly unhinged but I get very uneasy when people pretend to be better then they are and hide all the bad things...And this is why this CV thing probably won't work for me because I don't think anyone will admit there flaws.
                      Hmmmm It just adds the basics ,like your age ,height,education ,etc ..which obviously falls, under your basic sorta requirements ,not a good idea to put your likes ,flaws etc,you rather be face to face to discuss that.
                      consider it like a fixed asset thing .

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                        Hmmmm It just adds the basics ,like your age ,height,education ,etc ..which obviously falls, under your basic sorta requirements ,not a good idea to put your likes ,flaws etc,you rather be face to face to discuss that.
                        consider it like a fixed asset thing .
                        I just wouldn't want to have to go through so many meetings just to find out the bad stuff afterwards. I think that it would be very emotionally draining to get yourself excited for a meeting and then have it not work out because of a major problem with them. I guess you could look at the cv and then ask around about them. Still, it just seems impersonal and I don't even think all the things you see on the cv will make much of a difference in actually choosing people. Sure its a good place to start, but if you don't like them in person then it really doesn't make a difference what the cv says.
                        Last edited by aelmo; Yesterday, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I understand where you are coming from.

When I was first introduced to CVS for marriage I thought it was a joke and we had a laugh about it because it seemed ludicrous.

Soon after I learnt it cuts out a lot of hassle and saves time.

If you're someone who doesn't mind about a potential spouse's height, education, profession, location etc then the CV will not mean anything to you and it won't help you.

My own CV was basic and I have seen all sorts of cvs, both genders. It really depends on what you deem as perfect as there is a variety.

Some CVS have a personal statement so it's not just bio data and they also add what they're looking for, very similar to profiles on marriage sites, the difference is a CV is more trustworthy as you know this person is real and not hanging around for a fling, unlike online.

So all in all, it's a piece of paper with facts on it there for you as a stepping stone. So when you meet each other you can focus more on their characteristics than their basic details which you already know about.

I wouldn't worry about cvs as it's common for bengalis only- so far.

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

I just wouldn't want to have to go through so many meetings just to find out the bad stuff afterwards. I think that it would be very emotionally draining to get yourself excited for a meeting and then have it not work out because of a major problem with them. I guess you could look at the cv and then ask around about them. Still, it just seems impersonal and I don't even think all the things you see on the cv will make much of a difference in actually choosing people. Sure its a good place to start, but if you don't like them in person then it really doesn't make a difference what the cv says.
                            That's true

Trust is number one when it comes to potentials

Some people appear quite sincere but they're just great actors. Others might be genuine.

If you have doubts, take your time and to clear it all up, ishtikara is your friend to help you decide.

Whatever happens after that is a test for the believer.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrooge View Post

too formal, I don't like them, what if I pick up spelling mistakes:shock: egg in your face lol
                              honestly, it's a put off when there are spelling mistakes especially when the person is educated, it raises questions

looks bad, lack of effort

Besides, you don't even need to be educated to type up a CV with correct vocabulary

Always get someone to proof read

Lmso

Comment

I agree and I am not a big fan of the cv either.
                                but such are times where 150 potentials are thrown at you it begs for a filter.
                                ​​​​​​People dont have time for the old fashion way ,which is beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                                X