Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

honestly, it's a put off when there are spelling mistakes especially when the person is educated, it raises questions

looks bad, lack of effort

Besides, you don't even need to be educated to type up a CV with correct vocabulary

Always get someone to proof read

Lmso

Wha?
    I thought it was every woman's dream to marry a well educate,successful dokter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Samsandman View Post

Wha?
      I thought it was every woman's dream to marry a well educate,successful dokter?
      I can't imagine americans/canadians saying that in a south asian accent

​​​​​You thought wrong about all women

I want cash in hand, a house, tonnes of gold
      And a luxurious mansion

I don't want cats.

At least I am not asking for blood

It's the parents who are obsessed with doctors and those that are doctors would prefer someone with a similar background as it helps them to understand each other's time and work load

Doctors have a hard time finding free time, there's always constant learning
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I can't imagine americans/canadians saying that in a south asian accent

​​​​​You thought wrong about all women

I want cash in hand, a house, tonnes of gold
        And a luxurious mansion

I don't want cats.

At least I am not asking for blood

It's the parents who are obsessed with doctors and those that are doctors would prefer someone with a similar background as it helps them to understand each other's time and work load

Doctors have a hard time finding free time, there's always constant learning
        I tell ya a secret, anytime I find I find myself taking someones post on UF too seriously I like to read it out loud in a british accent.

Makes me chuckle everytime.

Blood is easier to come up with than tonnes of gold,everybody has blood to spare.

In my experience,at least in kuffar society a man can be short,fat,bald,stink like a barnyard ,have a face like a pug dog and be a complete douchebag but if he has CASH he will have an endless supply of women to choose from.

I was very sick for a long time and met lots of doctors,all of them were as useful as teats on a goose, so my respect for that profession has been eroded greatly

Comment

I understand where you are coming from.

When I was first introduced to CVS for marriage I thought it was a joke and we had a laugh about it because it seemed ludicrous.

Soon after I learnt it cuts out a lot of hassle and saves time.

If you're someone who doesn't mind about a potential spouse's height, education, profession, location etc then the CV will not mean anything to you and it won't help you.

My own CV was basic and I have seen all sorts of cvs, both genders. It really depends on what you deem as perfect as there is a variety.

Some CVS have a personal statement so it's not just bio data and they also add what they're looking for, very similar to profiles on marriage sites, the difference is a CV is more trustworthy as you know this person is real and not hanging around for a fling, unlike online.

So all in all, it's a piece of paper with facts on it there for you as a stepping stone. So when you meet each other you can focus more on their characteristics than their basic details which you already know about.

I wouldn't worry about cvs as it's common for bengalis only- so far.

It does seem way easier. I am sure a lot of people where I am from would be on board with it. The people I know linger around the mosque and wait for someone to spot them. Its very strange but I actually know a couple marriages that happened this way. I wish we were more of a community, maybe it wouldn't be so difficult to find people.

Jazakallah khairan for the advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by muzzybee View Post

I agree and I am not a big fan of the cv either.
            but such are times where 150 potentials are thrown at you it begs for a filter.
            ​​​​​​People dont have time for the old fashion way ,which is beautiful.
            Well if that's what it comes down to then whatever. Besides it doesn't really matter how you meet the person you marry, what matters is what happens after.

Comment

• ohhh i forgot about this thread lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Samsandman View Post

I tell ya a secret, anytime I find I find myself taking someones post on UF too seriously I like to read it out loud in a british accent.

Makes me chuckle everytime.

Blood is easier to come up with than tonnes of gold,everybody has blood to spare.

In my experience,at least in kuffar society a man can be short,fat,bald,stink like a barnyard ,have a face like a pug dog and be a complete douchebag but if he has CASH he will have an endless supply of women to choose from.

I was very sick for a long time and met lots of doctors,all of them were as useful as teats on a goose, so my respect for that profession has been eroded greatly
                yes, but we need good quality blood, it's a lot more common for south Asians to be deficient in vitamin d and iron

I think sensible women want a decent men who has respect towards her and other good characteristics

some muslims marry for money similarly to what you've described so I don't think it's exclusive to non muslims, it's a materialistic world

I feel the same way about my local GP/surgery but I try to avoid becoming a hater lmso, it's as though they are waiting for you to die then they will prescribe some medicines that could have helped a little

'it's too late doc, I tried to make an appointment but the surgery has been busy for the last twenty years''. *chuckles I do respect them because that's one profession I have no desire to be in- being responsible for someone's health, wow, it's a big deal and for those that are in it to truly help others that's some dedication and care because you don't get to have much of a life. We need good doctors.

I only go to the doctors when I am very desperate or need a blood test analysis (which is always confusing as one says your levels are fine, another will say go and get some more supplments), I've had a bad experience but I avoid taking tablets.

I wouldn't even look at a doctor's CV as it's a lot of stress and they would definitely suit someone that has a similar profession to compliment each other. Just my opinion as i'm sure many have married those that aren't in the field.

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• The only other alternative to a "CV" would be to just randomly meet everyone who is looking for a marriage partner. Might take some time to do that and if the brother was looking for a slim wife or the sister was looking for a husband who earns more than 20k a year, then that would mean a lot of time wasted and a lot of awkward moments when they meet and find that the sister is bigger than his preference, or the brother only has a basic salary...

The "CV" helps establish basic compatibility. Out of 100 people maybe only 20 or so would be what they are looking for, so instead of meeting a 100 people, you can just meet the 20 that match with you....

Saying all that though, if two people had criteria for who they want to marry and then they only met people who matched that criteria then there could be loads of people they did not meet who had they met they may have found that they actually really like that person personality and even though the person did not have a 50k year job, or the person had been divorced before, or the Muslima was slightly bigger than what he was originally looking for, or she had a child from a previouse marrage, they could actually be a perfect match.

I remember before I got married I met a sister (with her father) and before we met I had not seen her photo, but she told me she was dress size 10 or size 12 and I had previously imagined I would never be attracted to someone who was bigger than maybe size 8, but when I met her I found out she was a very beautiful women.

www.puremuslimmatch.com

*The Free Marriage Agency for practising Muslims*

Comment

• CV can just be a way to find basic compatibility just like a CV for a job interview.

I guess the alternative would be to meet everyone who is looking for a marriage partner, which may waste a lot of time.

You might want a religious wife, but then end up going to meet a Muslima who listens to rock music, doesn't wear hijab and anyways she wanted a husband who would stay at home looking after the kids, making biryani for her whilst she goes to work at the local massage parlour.

So basically compatibility on a CV is a good idea, but maybe people should be a little flexible with there "wish list" as you never know, maybe that Muslima, or brother who has been divorced may actually be a really good persona, with a beautiful personality and 100% better for you than other people who match your "wish list" criteria
                    www.puremuslimmatch.com

*The Free Marriage Agency for practising Muslims*

Comment

Working...
                    X