Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

    :salams:

    just want to see if you reckon marriage CVs are good or not

    i personally think a marriage CV doesnt do justice to the person

  • #2
    Re: Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

    Excellent way to weed out people that you're not interested in, instead of going to the potentials house and finding out they dont meet your requirement/
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

      Waalaikumussalam
      It doesnt but its a good start I suppose

      Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

      **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

      Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

        Originally posted by ibzy View Post
        Excellent way to weed out people that you're not interested in, instead of going to the potentials house and finding out they dont meet your requirement/
        but what if you could miss out on the perfect partner just because of a marriage cv?

        Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
        Waalaikumussalam
        It doesnt but its a good start I suppose
        muzzy i dont a marriage cv would do me justice

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

          Feels like I'm applying for a job, sounds totally ridiculous
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

          O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

          Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

            Originally posted by aynina View Post
            Feels like I'm applying for a job, sounds totally ridiculous
            it does, doesnt it

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

              Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
              but what if you could miss out on the perfect partner just because of a marriage cv?



              muzzy i dont a marriage cv would do me justice
              Lol bro I am very old fashioned like you trust me..but nowadays so many weird things becomes an issue height weight ,biceps, hidden six pack ,bla bla some info seem to be needed to take the next step.

              Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

              **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

              Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

                Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                Lol bro I am very old fashioned like you trust me..but nowadays so many weird things becomes an issue height weight ,biceps, hidden six pack ,bla bla some info seem to be needed to take the next step.
                lol @ hidden six pack

                i could imagine how bad my cv would be lol :rotfl:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

                  Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                  lol @ hidden six pack

                  i could imagine how bad my cv would be lol :rotfl:
                  Lol ,you were born to make an entrance no cv for you :)

                  Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

                  **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

                  Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

                    Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                    Lol ,you were born to make an entrance no cv for you :)
                    what you on about? lol :rotfl:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

                      Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                      what you on about? lol :rotfl:
                      Haha you don't need a CV bro
                      Potential just has to see you....gonna be a yes :)

                      Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

                      **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

                      Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

                        Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                        Haha you don't need a CV bro
                        Potential just has to see you....gonna be a yes :)
                        dont say that bruv lol :rotfl:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

                          Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                          :salams:

                          just want to see if you reckon marriage CVs are good or not

                          i personally think a marriage CV doesnt do justice to the person
                          :wswrwb:

                          Marriage CVs seem to address the concerns and demands of people in modern times.

                          Some women (East or West) want men: who are tall(er), who are highly educated, have high income (or income-potential)

                          Some men (East or West) want women: who have a certain skin-tone (almost always "light"), who are thin/skinny, who can cook/clean

                          I assume marriage CVs answer these questions, so people don't waste each others time.

                          Does it address the (sometimes fickle) concerns of people? Yes it does, so it serves its purpose

                          Is it necessarily a bad thing? It's hard to say. If a dude wants some light-skinned revert-type wife (which the CV will clearly identify), then perhaps you are saving an innocent medium/dark complexion girl the misery of living with such a person (he may always look down on her and his gaze may always be in the direction of women other than his wife)

                          I assume these CVs are not a problem, but in fact a solution to a rather terrible problem modern Muslims face.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

                            Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                            :salams:

                            just want to see if you reckon marriage CVs are good or not

                            i personally think a marriage CV doesnt do justice to the person
                            Oh I doubt anyone is arguing that marriage cvs do justice to a person. People often forget that at least in North America, Muslims in places without big communities tend to look far. I think people in other countries (especially the UK etc) forget how big that country is. Even going to meet a prospect in another city could be a 4 hour trip and no guy or girl wants to waste that sort of time for the sake of maybe lucking out into a "perfect" match. A marriage cv has its uses, it takes care of the most basic things, the guys job and income, the family background etc and ofc the pictures. By the time the two prospects meet they now only have to get along in person having gotten the other criteria out of the way. Does it encourage superficiality ofc it does. But everything has its pro and cons and these cvs to some degree speed things up.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Marriage CVs what do you think of them?

                              Originally posted by horizon View Post
                              :wswrwb:

                              Marriage CVs seem to address the concerns and demands of people in modern times.

                              Some women (East or West) want men: who are tall(er), who are highly educated, have high income (or income-potential)

                              Some men (East or West) want women: who have a certain skin-tone (almost always "light"), who are thin/skinny, who can cook/clean

                              I assume marriage CVs answer these questions, so people don't waste each others time.

                              Does it address the (sometimes fickle) concerns of people? Yes it does, so it serves its purpose

                              Is it necessarily a bad thing? It's hard to say. If a dude wants some light-skinned revert-type wife (which the CV will clearly identify), then perhaps you are saving an innocent medium/dark complexion girl the misery of living with such a person (he may always look down on her and his gaze may always be in the direction of women other than his wife)

                              I assume these CVs are not a problem, but in fact a solution to a rather terrible problem modern Muslims face.
                              100% agree with you here. These cvs are a solution, albeit imperfect, to Muslims in the west who are struggling to get married (as far as I know muslims from majority muslim countries don't need cvs). Anything that makes marriage easier (within reason) should be encouraged to some degree.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X