Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do men like a bit of bossiness/sassiness in their wives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do men like a bit of bossiness/sassiness in their wives?

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Bit odd for a married sister asking a single brother this.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
      Bit odd for a married sister asking a single brother this.
      I may be married, but I don't know what goes on in other people's marriages.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
        Really? Just curious - how common is this? The wife refusing intimacy as a form of 'control' over her husband.

Nor should you ask about it. Intimacy between spouses is a very private matter. You wouldn't want people knowing even the slightest intimate detail you and your spouse share, likewise, it is inappropriate to discuss it on an online-forum.

Even amongst women alone is it inappropriate, because you don't know what the sisters with a troubled-marriages/single might think if you say something that lingers in their mind(s). They may fester jealousy or start having desires towards your spouse.

Comment

I think in my opinion men are repulsed by bossiness and sassiness, and turn away from it in real life. In real life ( not in Fantasy novels, or Movies), and from what I've seen men start to despise these traits in us and start to become distant from their spouses. Slowly, they lose interest and start looking elsewhere. Think about Tom Boy behaviors, I don't think men like them at all. Even small amounts of bossiness is received negatively. It's like fighting for leadership in the relationship and it does not go down well at all and results in separation over the long term. Think about fighting for masculinity, eventually he will just look elsewhere. From what I've seen masculine behaviors are the ones men despise in potential or actual spouses. I've always found that we reverberate actions that we see on the T.v. and it usually does not have any reality attached to it. I think we prefer men to have these attributes and to keep us on our toes, but when we see so many women respond to it positively we assume that we can adopt the same type of attitude and get the same type of response, which is sadly far from the truth. Women who usually adopt these attitudes get divorced, regret what happens and then realize previous mistakes. Don't listen to anyone who says sassyness is attractive or if men like them. Bossiness and sassyness is a big no, trust me.

We shouldn't be doormats, but modesty and femininity is definitely something that is attractive to men the way masculinity and confidence is attractive to females. So no, I doubt they like bossiness unless you want to help them to start looking somewhere else.
          I hope this helps : )

Comment

Originally posted by horizon View Post
            Nor should you ask about it. Intimacy between spouses is a very private matter. You wouldn't want people knowing even the slightest intimate detail you and your spouse share, likewise, it is inappropriate to discuss it on an online-forum.

Even amongst women alone is it inappropriate, because you don't know what the sisters with a troubled-marriages/single might think if you say something that lingers in their mind(s). They may fester jealousy or start having desires towards your spouse.
            I don't know about that.

Yes intimacy is a private matter between spouses - why do you have to become so personal regarding me and my marriage?

However, if there are issues between spouses, and rights are being denied, then that becomes a huge problem, which needs to be addressed.

Comment

Nothing wrong with your question ,he is just messing with you

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by horizon View Post

She asked a general question, based on stats not personal or intimate.
                It is something where people should know the dangers of

Comment

I don't know about that.

Yes intimacy is a private matter between spouses - why do you have to become so personal regarding me and my marriage?

However, if there are issues between spouses, and rights are being denied, then that becomes a huge problem, which needs to be addressed.
                  My apologies if you think I got personal. I did not intend for my message to refer to you or your marriage.

I was merely pointing out that it is better to not discuss matters like intimacy here, where both men and women can see it.

Referring to your last sentence, if it is a wide-spread problem, then marriage-counsellors/community-helpers are aware of it. SubhanAllah, even they try to not openly discuss it, as it is very easy to put 2 and 2 together ("so and so is having marital issues and the counsellors say intimacy is a problem among marital couples, so it must mean X ...").

Again, my apologies if I inadvertently offended you.

Comment

Working...
                  X