Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pictures and meetings, what is too much

Originally posted by _Sapphire View Post
    Lol @ window shopping part. Sad, but true. People should make sure they're compatible in other ways first before they see each other; whether it's something simple like age difference and where they're going to live, or more serious things like their level of deen or who's going to be working etc. In some cases, these things could be deal breakers, so why not go over them first and once you're sure you're on the same page meet each other face to face/send a picture.
    Lol, true,so true.
    What ever most important thing to peeps. It is Deen, beauty, wealth, how may camels() educations, etc, if that doesn't click, then no need to see pics etc.

Comment

I dont see why men should provide pics but women shouldnt

Its not right for either gender to exchange pics

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
        Who said it's even permissible to give your pics to non mahrams for sisters?
        It's allowed in some cases when it comes to marriage but it has conditions. Most of which people don't fulfil these days.
        A picture is only supposed to be asked for if he can't travel to see her in person and only after checking everything else/feeling sure or positive about marrying her.

Users here are arguing the case that it's ok to ask for pictures or give pictures to people you know nothing about.
        شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
        فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
        وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
        ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
          It's allowed in some cases when it comes to marriage but it has conditions. Most of which people don't fulfil these days.
          A picture is only supposed to be asked for if he can't travel to see her in person and only after checking everything else/feeling sure or positive about marrying her.

Users here are arguing the case that it's ok to ask for pictures or give pictures to people you know nothing about.
          It's taken too lightly now, hence all these problems
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
            Depends. Pictures are for convenience and to save time. Imagine traveling to another city to meet a potential for the first time, only to find out he/she looks like Shrek. All that time was basically wasted.

Pretty sure you can look as many times as it takes to make a decision. I don't think you can restrict that.
            LOOOL pls stop, I'm dying :rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post

I agree with you. I would never share pictures at all. Meeting in person is better.

Comment

Working...
              X