This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does it mean half our 'deen'?

Why is marriage half our deen? What does deen even mean in this sense...

Is there any other way to fulfil all of our 'deen' without marrying? cause i don't intend on ever marrying. (Don't try and convince me to).

It can't be that important can it, jeez.
    Last edited by Loki.; 13-09-17, 10:25 PM.

Re: What does it mean half our 'deen'?

Loki brother, if you don't want marraige no one will force.Just focus on yourself and your purpose. A lot of great muslims never got married.
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Originally posted by patient believer View Post
      Loki brother, if you don't want marraige no one will force.Just focus on yourself and your purpose. A lot of great muslims never got married.
      How can i fulfil all of my deen without being tied down?

Comment

to me half our deen means it is big part of ur religion/life and therefore very important and i agree for these reasons.

1. keeps one away from zina
        2. mentally healthy because u have a partner to share good times bad times
        3. raise muslim kids and keep ummah growing
        4. help stay on the right path and give ur life structure

there are many more benefits u can google. obviously there are also minus but concept is if u follow the rules it should be beneficial and healthy. its not compulsory so u dont have to marry.

Comment

We get it ... You don't want to be married, that is fine ...

However, please stop making threads and posts about it. It is almost as if you are trying to convince yourself more than us.

If you cannot see the wisdom in the teachings of the Sunnah, the least you can do is to remain silent and not slander like you just did.

Comment

Originally posted by horizon View Post
            It is almost as if you are trying to convince yourself more than us.
            Not almost. That's exactly what it is.

Comment

Before I married, I did everything I could to try and learn to love Allah SWT over myself.

When I married I realized that before I had children I didn't have a clue what it really means to love somebody more than myself.

Comment

fulfilling half your deen does NOT mean if you don't marry your deen is somehow incomplete. What it really means is that what your deen teaches and demands of you in terms of rights and ahkam majority of which are related to marriage and raising a family so if you get that right yuo have fulfilled half your deen,.
                "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
                  fulfilling half your deen does NOT mean if you don't marry your deen is somehow incomplete. What it really means is that what your deen teaches and demands of you in terms of rights and ahkam majority of which are related to marriage and raising a family so if you get that right yuo have fulfilled half your deen,.
                  Someone with a decent answer. Thank you.

Comment

Actually Its a great Question,, And thanks to you brother Hassaan for your answer
                    Its me Lamia Karmi Egyptian teacher Of Quran to non-arabic muslim sisters and kids online for a fee
                    Experience 5 years in a lot of Quran academies
                    Saving The Holy Quran, Ijaza in rewayat 'asem,Ijaza in Gazarya and Tajweed
                    My Skype ID: quran.servant.lamia

Comment

Originally posted by Loki. View Post

Is there any other way to fulfil all of our 'deen' without marrying? cause i don't intend on ever marrying. (Don't try and convince me to).

You shouldn't worry too much about that, you can focus on fulfilling the other half of the deen that most seems to forget.

Not sure what is your reason not to marry but if that can make you feel better, some scholars never married, Imam Nawawi (rahimullah) was one one them.
                      When he was told that marriage was a Sunnah. He said: "I may do this one Sunnah, but by doing it you may be doing many forbidden things. If that recommended act leads you to not doing other acts that are compulsory then it is better not to do that recommended act."
                      Basically, the reason he did not get married was his love for knowledge and the heavy responsibility on the husband to fulfill of the rights as well as the number of obligations on the husband. He focused on fulfilling correctly 'the 1st half of the deen".

Btw, fulfilling half your deen would be imo fulfilling (or at least striving to) your spouse rights, your obligations as a spouse and parent for the legal part and show compassion, understanding, and mercy for the spiritual part.

Comment

The word Deen.
                        In its true meaning, if translated, it would mean 'what' we you do day-in and day-out". Deen is routine. Something, anything, done repeatedly = Deen.

Nikah is half the Deen probably because it has so many trials, and it reform us. It requires sacrifice, sincerity, truth & honesty, patience & persistence (i.e. Sabr), and it requires you to follow as well as lead. All of these things are what life is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Confidante View Post
                          The word Deen.
                          In its true meaning, if translated, it would mean 'what' we you do day-in and day-out". Deen is routine. Something, anything, done repeatedly = Deen.

Nikah is half the Deen probably because it has so many trials, and it reform us. It requires sacrifice, sincerity, truth & honesty, patience & persistence (i.e. Sabr), and it requires you to follow as well as lead. All of these things are what life is all about.
                          So does abstinence, except it requires more. It is for the most patient ones. I would prefer celibacy over a women. If you can abstain from lustful urges marriage wont be obligitary for you.

Comment

Half the seen is figure of speech in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki. View Post

Lol why have you chosen the name of a scandinavian god

Comment

Working...
                              X