Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Husband takes wife and kids to war zone

:salams

So I watched this husband and wife on youtube who were doing the "husband-wife tag" which involves a couple answering a series of questions. I was interested in watching because the sister was wearing niqab and they did not look like the typical Muslim couple you would find on youtube.

Anyway, as the video unfolded it became apparent that the couple - who used to live and grew up in the UK - moved to Syria during the war. The wife was kind of hoodwinked by her husband in that he said they were going for a short time but in actuality he wanted to live there permanently. When asked what his plan was for the next 5 years, he said he wanted himself, his wife and his kids to die as martyrs.

Now my question is this: is this allowed? Like are you allowed to deliberately take yourself and your family somewhere where there is a very high chance you will be killed?

I appreciate that most of you don't have the qualifications to answer either way so my follow-up question would be: what would you do as the wife in that situation? This video was really bizarre and I thought it would be interesting to talk about. I don't want to post the video here just in case I'm exposing them or something.

:jkk:
    And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
    http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Re: Husband takes wife and kids to war zone

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post

So I watched this husband and wife on youtube who were doing the "husband-wife tag" which involves a couple answering a series of questions. I was interested in watching because the sister was wearing niqab and they did not look like the typical Muslim couple you would find on youtube.

Anyway, as the video unfolded it became apparent that the couple - who used to live and grew up in the UK - moved to Syria during the war. The wife was kind of hoodwinked by her husband in that he said they were going for a short time but in actuality he wanted to live there permanently. When asked what his plan was for the next 5 years, he said he wanted himself, his wife and his kids to die as martyrs.

Now my question is this: is this allowed? Like are you allowed to deliberately take yourself and your family somewhere where there is a very high chance you will be killed?

I appreciate that most of you don't have the qualifications to answer either way so my follow-up question would be: what would you do as the wife in that situation? This video was really bizarre and I thought it would be interesting to talk about. I don't want to post the video here just in case I'm exposing them or something.

Wa Alaykum as Salam wa Rahtmatullah wa Barakatu

Are you asking about a legal perspective or Islamic one?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post
      Wa Alaykum as Salam wa Rahtmatullah wa Barakatu

Are you asking about a legal perspective or Islamic one?
      Islamically - as in aren't we supposed to run from war, not towards it? Aren't we supposed to do what we can to ensure our safety?
      And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah

Comment

Islamically - as in aren't we supposed to run from war, not towards it? Aren't we supposed to do what we can to ensure our safety?
        That's all a matter a intention and Allah knows best in this regard.

Comment

well it depends do you know what far e ayn and fard e kifaya are?
          Last edited by babadods; 19-06-17, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by babadods View Post
            well it depends do you know what far e ayn and fard e kifaya are?
            Yes

Comment

Yes
              good so you're aware that a child can disobey his parents when it comes to a defensive war and that a salve can disobey a master etc and to turn your back on war which is far e ayn then allah will never forgive you etc well tbh i think its obvious what the answer is lol he can stay there and if he is to flee back then he is from the weak and the one at loss if he is to stay he is from the strong. as we know if even a meter of land is taken by kufr from the muslims then its a duty for them all to fight back etc i think applying this logic here is good and its good that the man didn't listen to the wife for allah says the the wife and children are the enemy to a man.
              the man moved with intentions to help a cause which is fard e ayn so he is right there and regarding what you said about is it ok if he knows he will die etc well yes it is
              004:074 check out the verse allah talks about a transaction, between a soldier and allah when the soldier decides that he will go till either he is gone or victorious that is something that allah loves and its a greater reward one example of this is the pledge of hudaibiya where the sahabah put their hands on the hands of rasoolAllah SAW and told him that they will take revenge and they will go in outnumbered either they will be killed or they will win sooo lets not believe the west when they say its suicide let's stick to the islamic definition to what suicide is plz.

im at work so im trying not get into too much details lol
              Last edited by babadods; 19-06-17, 10:36 AM.

Comment

good so you're aware that a child can disobey his parents when it comes to a defensive war and that a salve can disobey a master etc and to turn your back on war which is far e ayn then allah will never forgive you etc well tbh i think its obvious what the answer is lol he can stay there and if he is to flee back then he is from the weak and the one at loss if he is to stay he is from the strong. as we know if even a meter of land is taken by kufr from the muslims then its a duty for them all to fight back etc i think applying this logic here is good and its good that the man didn't listen to the wife for allah says the the wife and children are the enemy to a man.
                the man moved with intentions to help a cause which is fard e ayn so he is right there and regarding what you said about is it ok if he knows he will die etc well yes it is
                004:074 check out the verse allah talks about a transaction, between a soldier and allah when the soldier decides that he will go till either he is gone or victorious that is something that allah loves and its a greater reward one example of this is the pledge of hudaibiya where the sahabah put their hands on the hands of rasoolAllah SAW and told him that they will take revenge and they will go in outnumbered either they will be killed or they will win sooo lets not believe the west when they say its suicide let's stick to the islamic definition to what suicide is plz.

im at work so im trying not get into too much details lol
                Where did I say the man was fighting? The man at no point said he was fighting and he brought his whole family over there. To a place where they will likely be killed when he could have left them in a place of safety. Anyway, Allahu a'lam, I shouldn't have made this thread, we are too ignorant to have this discussion.

Comment

Where did I say the man was fighting? The man at no point said he was fighting and he brought his whole family over there. To a place where they will likely be killed when he could have left them in a place of safety. Anyway, Allahu a'lam, I shouldn't have made this thread, we are too ignorant to have this discussion.
                  ohh plz do you really think he's just sat there not doing even a small thing to help? come on man.

Comment

Abu Hurairah (may allah be pleased with him) narrates, "two persons of one clan came to the Prophet (pbuh) and embraced islam at one and the same time. one of these was martyred in a battle and the other died a year later, Talha bin Ubaidullah (may allah be pleased with him) says that he saw in his dream that the person who had died later was admitted into paradise before the martyr. this surprised him.
                    I do not recollect whether it was he or somebody else who narrated this dream. the Prophet (pbuh) thereupon remarked: "has not the person dying later fasted for one additional month of ramadhaan, and has he not offered six thousand or odd rakaats of salaat more during the year he lived after the martyr?"

Really, we do not know how valuable salaat is! the holy prophet (pbuh) was often heard saying, "the comfort of my eyes is in salaat." this is an expression of his profound love for salaat. as such, what else can be more valuable than salaat?

Why nobody doesn't wanna move to Palestine there where is real jihad? Because there isn't any profit like is Syria. This is sad true.

Comment

Originally posted by Makkachechenka View Post
                      Abu Hurairah (may allah be pleased with him) narrates, "two persons of one clan came to the Prophet (pbuh) and embraced islam at one and the same time. one of these was martyred in a battle and the other died a year later, Talha bin Ubaidullah (may allah be pleased with him) says that he saw in his dream that the person who had died later was admitted into paradise before the martyr. this surprised him.
                      I do not recollect whether it was he or somebody else who narrated this dream. the Prophet (pbuh) thereupon remarked: "has not the person dying later fasted for one additional month of ramadhaan, and has he not offered six thousand or odd rakaats of salaat more during the year he lived after the martyr?"

Really, we do not know how valuable salaat is! the holy prophet (pbuh) was often heard saying, "the comfort of my eyes is in salaat." this is an expression of his profound love for salaat. as such, what else can be more valuable than salaat?

Why nobody doesn't wanna move to Palestine there where is real jihad? Because there isn't any profit like is Syria. This is sad true.
                      you'd have to be very naive to think that the palestinians want islam lol most still want a secular state and not a islamic state, they are very nationalistic so much that people like abdullah azzam who is palestinian moved from there to afghanistan and he said that the palestinians didnt want islam they just wanted a palestine where they can party is peace.

Comment

you'd have to be very naive to think that the palestinians want islam lol most still want a secular state and not a islamic state, they are very nationalistic so much that people like abdullah azzam who is palestinian moved from there to afghanistan and he said that the palestinians didnt want islam they just wanted a palestine where they can party is peace.
                        Abdullah Azzam... thanks, but no. My authority can be Ahmed Yassin but for sure not that guy. First: they just wanna have where to live in peace. I will not judge them in situation when jews kill them children every day.
                        You wanna tell me that maybe ISIS is about islam and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is good practising muslim? Hahaha, please.
                        Ayoub El Khazzan-
                        Abdelhamid Abaaoud-
                        Nabil Fadli-
                        Khalid el-Bakraoui
                        Adel Kermiche.
                        Khuram Butt

These people have committed a terrorist attack in Europe. What was them life before it? Alcohol, criminal, party. Very easy to manipulate such people like they are. I am waiting on day when al-Baghdadi will decide to blow himself up. But no, it's not possible. They prefer send wives, or guys who are little lost to do this. Disgusting pigs.

Comment

You realise Syria is part of Sham right, just as Palestine is?
                          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

ohh plz do you really think he's just sat there not doing even a small thing to help? come on man.
                            I have to agree with you.

If, as the OP states, a brother traveled abroad with his wife and children, to settle down, then I highly doubt he's swimming with the dolphins.

Comment

Abdullah Azzam... thanks, but no. My authority can be Ahmed Yassin but for sure not that guy. First: they just wanna have where to live in peace. I will not judge them in situation when jews kill them children every day.
                              You wanna tell me that maybe ISIS is about islam and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is good practising muslim? Hahaha, please.
                              Ayoub El Khazzan-
                              Abdelhamid Abaaoud-
                              Nabil Fadli-
                              Khalid el-Bakraoui
                              Adel Kermiche.
                              Khuram Butt

These people have committed a terrorist attack in Europe. What was them life before it? Alcohol, criminal, party. Very easy to manipulate such people like they are. I am waiting on day when al-Baghdadi will decide to blow himself up. But no, it's not possible. They prefer send wives, or guys who are little lost to do this. Disgusting pigs.
                              isis are scum first of all so don't assume things and just watch videos on youtube most palestinians say it clearly they don't want islam. look i love the palestinians and i've always said this with an honest and open heart, they suffer and i know best because ive been working with gazans and poor families from palestine for 7 years and its all fi sa bilillah so dont tell me of the suffering because i know best sis and im not cussing here but facts are facts the ppl of palestine cant even agree to one leader and they are split one side wants a modern democratic state then there are others who want islam and now recently a group that wants ot to just be israel... be real the ppl who want islam are in afghanistan look at what the do and go through on a daily. women there give birth to fighters and women in palestine give birther to lawyers etc so they may argue their case for freedom lol good luck to them if they thing sitting down will get them a country looool

Comment

Working...
                              X