This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talaaq or Renew Nikkah?

Here is an issue which I need some major help on its a long story but I'll try cutting it down.

Basically, a husband said something really bad in front of his wife, I'm talking about kalima kufr here, maybe more than kalima kufr, astagfirullah, it was really serious so she spoke to a Mufti about this and he said their nikkah has broken and unless the husband repents, reads kalima again and they redo their nikkah then they can't live together as husband and wife.

Anyways, she explained this matter to her husband but he didn't take much notice of it / didn't really care / didn't take it seriously, and so the wife left and went to her fathers house.

About a week later, the husband shows up at the fathers house and asks the wife to come home but she refuses and an argument takes place whereby the husband says talaaq to her 3 times and walks out.

Fast forward to today, the man and woman have been in recent contact and the man tells the woman that she was right for leaving and that he was wrong, he says he is sorry and now they both want to work things out. However they are not sure if it is possible, I mean does the talaaq stand or can they do redo their nikkah now?

Jazaak Allah for any advice

Re: Talaaq or Renew Nikkah?

Originally posted by ISLAMTHEWAY4US View Post
    Here is an issue which I need some major help on its a long story but I'll try cutting it down.

Basically, a husband said something really bad in front of his wife, I'm talking about kalima kufr here, maybe more than kalima kufr, astagfirullah, it was really serious so she spoke to a Mufti about this and he said their nikkah has broken and unless the husband repents, reads kalima again and they redo their nikkah then they can't live together as husband and wife.

Anyways, she explained this matter to her husband but he didn't take much notice of it / didn't really care / didn't take it seriously, and so the wife left and went to her fathers house.

About a week later, the husband shows up at the fathers house and asks the wife to come home but she refuses and an argument takes place whereby the husband says talaaq to her 3 times and walks out.

Fast forward to today, the man and woman have been in recent contact and the man tells the woman that she was right for leaving and that he was wrong, he says he is sorry and now they both want to work things out. However they are not sure if it is possible, I mean does the talaaq stand or can they do redo their nikkah now?

Has that mufti disappeared?

Comment

Maybe this will answer your question?

Ruling on divorce at a moment of anger
      https://islamqa.info/en/45174

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
        Maybe this will answer your question?

Ruling on divorce at a moment of anger
        https://islamqa.info/en/45174
        He could have Googled that himself.

-_-

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
          He could have Googled that himself.

-_-
          That is very true!

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
            That is very true!
            There is actually a mufti in this story for once but he's been sidelined. Never a good sign.

Comment

Okay, this isn't really about anger or anything like that. It's more to do with if nikkah was broken due to kalima kufr, then talaaq was said after, would the talaaq stand or would a new nikkah be required? Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Okay, this isn't really about anger or anything like that. It's more to do with if nikkah was broken due to kalima kufr, then talaaq was said after, would the talaaq stand or would a new nikkah be required? Hope that makes sense.
                Why haven't you asked the mufti?

Comment

Has that mufti disappeared?
                  Yeah you could say that, can't get hold of anyone.

Comment

Get hold of a Mufti, I have no idea why it's so hard to get hold of a Mufti, unless you know someone you can recommend because I've spent all morning ringing mosques but no one is picking up.

Comment

Yeah you could say that, can't get hold of anyone.
                      Try a masjid. What happened to the mufti?

Comment

He's probably on vacation
                        Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Try a masjid. What happened to the mufti?
                          Can't get hold of anyone, do you know anyone that I could talk to, anyone that is learned, anyone at all?

Comment

Get hold of a Mufti, I have no idea why it's so hard to get hold of a Mufti, unless you know someone you can recommend because I've spent all morning ringing mosques but no one is picking up.
                            It's Ramadan... people should be practically living in the masjids so why is no one answering
                            Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Can't get hold of anyone, do you know anyone that I could talk to, anyone that is learned, anyone at all?
                              Depends where you live. Where did that mufti go?

Comment

Working...
                              X