Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can be the legitimate reasons to say NO to marriage...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What can be the legitimate reasons to say NO to marriage...

Originally posted by A500DaBest View Post
    I thought it is easier for women than men, isn't it? My only question I have, if a man choose not to get married will he be questioned in the afterlife and punished in the afterlife if he couldn't give a good reason?
    Good question brother, just to add a bit if a Muslim man or woman choose not to get married will he/she be questioned in the afterlife and punished in the afterlife if he/ she couldn't give a good reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Theistic View Post
      So, there is no legitimate reason to remain unmarried these days?
      salaams to all

yes. if u make a conscious decision NOT to get married, despite having the means/ability to do so- that would be wrong
      and it will be much worse if u fulfill ur desires in a wrong way.

may Allah ta'ala make things easy for all of us

and Allah ta'ala knows best
      jazakallah
      Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
      very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

If you have a disease.
        اللهم يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبي على دينك

Comment

If you don't find someone that is religious, if you don't find someone you're attracted to, if you don't find someone who has good character, if you have a disease or something that would be passed onto someone else or that people don't accept you with it, if you can't bear children and the people you are marrying want children, if you are a man and you can't provide the necessities for your wife, if you fear you will be a bad spouse, by bad I mean you fear you will physically and/or mentally abuse your spouse or treat them unjustly.

Comment

Good question brother, just to add a bit if a Muslim man or woman choose not to get married will he/she be questioned in the afterlife and punished in the afterlife if he/ she couldn't give a good reason?
            I have no idea, because I am Insaan just like you.

But you must keep in mind that if you choose to never get married but you occasionally indulge in vice, you will be questioned on that.

So, a pious, mature and responsible person who can control his/ her desires can decide to remain unmarried by his/ her own choice? But as per my little understanding, most of the utmost pious persons got married and encouraged to get married.
            Look to the example Nabi (SAW) and the Sahaba (RA). You cannot compare people of today with the Sahaba and many famous Sahaba had a wife (or wives).

I cannot look into your mind to understand the reasoning behind you asking this question, but based on what we see today, especially with the rise of the "feminist muslima", the "muslim bro" and many other issues, I can rationalize why you may have asked.

Comment

It is true that people have different priorities and not everyone has the same experiences of life. Those priorities and past experiences help us to make decisions in our life. Yet, it is debatable whether to get married is solely a personal choice or not.

Muslims are encouraged to get married according to Quran and Sunnah. So, if a Muslim decides for himself/ herself to not get married then is it a sin or not?

And if it depends on situation, then what are those legitimate reasons which allow a Muslim to remain unmarried?

Please discuss it positively.

:jkk:
              It is true that people have different priorities and not everyone has the same experiences of life. Those priorities and past experiences help us to make decisions in our life. Yet, it is debatable whether to get married is solely a personal choice or not.

Muslims are encouraged to get married according to Quran and Sunnah. So, if a Muslim decides for himself/ herself to not get married then is it a sin or not?

And if it depends on situation, then what are those legitimate reasons which allow a Muslim to remain unmarried?

Please discuss it positively.

:jkk:
              Well, in Islam it is not illegal to stay single, it's not like there is a board that will decide whether your reasons are legitimate or no. If you think it's best not to get married, I don't think you're a great sinner (unless you fall into fornication which is obviously wrong).
              Staying single has its charms people, I don't know how come so few people realize it nowadays. Enjoy life ;)

Comment

وعليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته
                Marriage is a very important Sunnah. It is not something that should be overlooked or seen as insignificant.

Marriage not only fulfils your desires in a halal way it increases the Ummah when you have children etc. Not only that in this feminist society women claim they can look after themselves. But the reality is they need a man to look after and protect them.

Women, in the sight of Allah our deeds are the same. However, men and women are different in many ways...emotionally, mentally and physically.

Men were given superiority over women to be their guardian's and protectors.

Also at a time like this where Muslims are being tortured and killed around the world, our children being bombed And killed in 1000s and millions. We need to get married and have kids and expand the Ummah.

The problem with today's society is people don't want to get married for all the wrong reasons. For women, they don't want to get married because they are all career orientated. Then they get in their 30s and feel lonely and think 'Oh yeh I want a companion I need to get married.' They then get married and don't want to get pregnant because they don't want to 'lose their figure. Then they have a child but don't want to breastfeed because once again they will 'lose their figure.'

Then you get men who don't want to get married. Either because they are too career orientated and are living the single life. And they can easily sleep around with people and fulfil their desires in a haram way. Why would they want to do it in a halal way? Why would they want the headache of a nagging wife when they can have no strings attached relationships with various women? When they can spend money on cars, clothes and random women...why would they want to be tied down with responsibility?

لا حول و لا قوة الا بالله

I turned 28 last week. Aaargh! Getting old I know! I get asked all the time why aren't you married? Do you think marriage is not important etc?..

I respond by telling them I think marriage is very important. It's a SUNNAH! How can any Sunnah ever not be important?

The reason I have chose not to get married until today is because I find the males of today's generation to be very effeminate. Too many girly characteristics. Tight jeans, weird hairstyles, shaved faces looking like a babys bum.

I believe it's important to get married. But I believe it's important to choose someone who has the deen. You are not only choosing a partner for yourself, You are choosing a wife/husband for your future kids. Choose wisely.

After all your efforts of finding a righteous spouse you still can't get married then qadr Allah. KeepTawakkul and Sabr. Allah tests us in different ways.

May Allah grant you all a righteous spouse and to those that are married may the almighty bless your marriage. Ameen
                Last edited by Muslimahghuraba; 08-06-17, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimahghuraba View Post
                  Marriage is a very important Sunnah. It is not something that should be overlooked or seen as insignificant.

Marriage not only fulfils your desires in a halal way it increases the Ummah when you have children etc. Not only that in this feminist society women claim they can look after themselves. But the reality is they need a man to look after and protect them.

Women, in the sight of Allah our deeds are the same. However, men and women are different in many ways...emotionally, mentally and physically.

Men were given responsibility over women to be their guardian's and protectors.

Also at a time like this where Muslims are being tortured and killed around the world, our children being bombed And killed in 1000s and millions. We need to get married and have kids and expand the Ummah.

The problem with today's society is people don't want to get married for all the wrong reasons. For women, they don't want to get married because they are all career orientated. Then they get in their 30s and feel lonely and think 'Oh yeh I want a companion I need to get married.' They then get married and don't want to get pregnant because they don't want to 'lose their figure. Then they have a child but don't want to breastfeed because once again they will 'lose their figure.'

Then you get men who don't want to get married. Either because they are too career orientated and are living the single life. And they can easily sleep around with people and fulfil their desires in a haram way. Why would they want to do it in a halal way? Why would they want the headache of a nagging wife when they can have no strings attached relationships with various women? When they can spend money on cars, clothes and random women...why would they want to be tied down with responsibility?

I turned 28 last week. Aaargh! Getting old I know! I get asked all the time why aren't you married? Do you think marriage is not important etc?..

I respond by telling them I think marriage is very important. It's a SUNNAH! How can any Sunnah ever not be important?

The reason I have chose not to get married until today is because I find the males of today's generation to be very effeminate. Too many girly characteristics. Tight jeans, weird hairstyles, shaved faces looking like a babys bum.

I believe it's important to get married. But I believe it's important to choose someone who has the deen. You are not only choosing a partner for yourself, You are choosing a wife/husband for your future kids. Choose wisely.

After all your efforts of finding a righteous spouse you still can't get married then qadr Allah. KeepTawakkul and Sabr. Allah tests us in different ways.

May Allah grant you all a righteous spouse and to those that are married may the almighty bless your marriage. Ameen
                  Careful with the word 'superiority'. Corrected now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Vine View Post
                    Well, in Islam it is not illegal to stay single, it's not like there is a board that will decide whether your reasons are legitimate or no. If you think it's best not to get married, I don't think you're a great sinner (unless you fall into fornication which is obviously wrong).
                    Staying single has its charms people, I don't know how come so few people realize it nowadays. Enjoy life ;)
                    I know right.

I don't think it's wrong to be single, if you know you won't fall into sin.

Comment

Well, at least you're honest.

27 isn't old. You're still young.

Comment

Is this an assumption only you have or is this an assumption many (single) Muslimahs in your area/community have (of single muslim men) ?

Comment

You couldn't find a guy who doesn't wear tight jeans, or shave, or have a weird haircut? It's not that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                            You couldn't find a guy who doesn't wear tight jeans, or shave, or have a weird haircut? It's not that hard.
                            I feel sorry for guys with tight jeans, there goes their reproductive organ. Unlike women, men wearing tight jeans are harmful to their physically body.
                            ┏╮╭┓╭━━━━━━╮
                            ╰╮╭╯┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
                            ┃╰━╯┈┈╰╯┈┈┈┃
                            ┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╰━┫

Comment

Originally posted by A500DaBest View Post
                              I feel sorry for guys with tight jeans, there goes their reproductive organ. Unlike women, men wearing tight jeans are harmful to their physically body.
                              That's their fault for following fashion trends invented by gay people.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                                That's their fault for following fashion trends invented by gay people.
                                Indeed. Men composition and make up are completely different than that of women. Mimicing gay/women fashion is highly destructive to their psychic, physical body, make up and soul. Indeed, you are right for saying it's their fault for following fashion invented by gay people.
                                ┏╮╭┓╭━━━━━━╮
                                ╰╮╭╯┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
                                ┃╰━╯┈┈╰╯┈┈┈┃
                                ┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╰━┫

Comment

Working...
                                X