Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make Dua for my inter-cultural marriage found online

AssalamoAlaikum.

I just wanted to share some information that perhaps may benefit brothers/sisters. I am now engaged to a sister who has a different culture and a background and we met out of nowhere on internet. Alhamdulillah, we will get married before Eid Inshallah.

How it went for us is that.

- I was a student in West and I found difficulty in finding traditional match because they have all these formalities and not a lot of practising sisters were around me.

- She also studies and she is from a town where very few people practiced Islam and she had no way to search a suitable man.

- We both made an account on the same website and met. Then we wrote and tried every time to write formally. Alhamdulillah we succeeded mostly. Never had a video call or something. Its not ideal in Islam and may not be allowed but we had no other way. But here I think, things could have been better if we had always a 3rd person in our messenger chats.

- Then when the time for meeting came, it was all Halal with family involvement. I met the girl in presence of her father who was also open minded and practising. I stayed in their home in a different room for a night and ate with them. In Fajr, his father tested me by putting me infront for Salah and then he liked my recitation :) And other things also liked. And then I proposed to her and she and her father accepted.

- Even while I am not fully settled and student with a student job. We have decided to have a simple Nikah and I will visit her city often. And Inshallah in few months, May Allah(swt) allow us to be together in same city and settle and give us children. We like each other Alhamdulillah.

All you brothers pray for me and this marriage
    and I pray for all single bros and sisters out there. My advise is that when you fear fitnah then search by all possible Halal means(I tried Masjid, family, internet, friends etc and it only takes one to work). And don't stick too much with traditional constraints, expensive stuff out there. My wife will make all the Mahr in deferred payment. And with no expensive costume. Inshallah, we will get married.

-
    Last edited by savo234; 05-06-17, 11:31 AM.

Re: Make Dua for my inter-cultural marriage found online

sikk mashaAllah happy to know keep us in your duas and we shall keep you in ours allah make it easy for us to find someone too :)

Comment

Give me some details man. What Website was it and what cultures?
      Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Comment

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله و بركاته

May Allah bless you and your wife to be.

May He put love and compassion in your hearts.

May He make you both a means for each other to get closer to Allah تعالي.

May He grant you both sabr and understanding.

May He grant you righteous children

Children who follow the footsteps of the sahabas and the prophets.

Children who are lions and defenders of the deen.

Children who are the coolness of your eyes.

May Allah grant you both Khair in duniya and the akhirah

May He unite you both in jannah.

أمين يا رب العالمين

Comment

ماشاء الله تبارك الله
          very happy to read that, may Allah سبحانه وتعالى grants your marriage his blessings
          * typing from my phone, excuse the mess

Comment

Awesome. May Allah swt keep you both healthy and happy!

Comment

MasahaAllah very pleased to hear this.

Not to spoil the mood, but as an experienced person I would like go give some advice.

• Do not delay the Nikah much. Engaged people are at the highest risk for Fitnah. I have seen plenty of engagements break as the Nikah was delayed and there was Haraam contact.
              • Try to get a job as soon as possible after your studies are finished. In the long term, I've seen that a woman can only respect a man who earns and provides for the family, and is not like a dependent child. Being a man involves being a leader and being strong and independent.
              • The first few months of marriage are always good but later the annoyances start. Prepare yourself for having a great deal of Sabr at that time.
              • Educate yourself, take courses (there's one on Seeker's Hub coming up) about an Islamic Marriages, especially how it's different from a Western marriage, and the rights of both spouses and like anything else in life, prepare well for a married life.

May Allah SWT place barakah in this match.
              "وَاعْتَصِمُوا بِحَبْلِ اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا"
              "And hold on firmly to the rope of Allah"
              Qur'an [3:103]

Comment

Congrats... May Allah grant you happiness and keep you both firmly grounded on His path... Ameen
                “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Doctor View Post
                  MasahaAllah very pleased to hear this.

Not to spoil the mood, but as an experienced person I would like go give some advice.

• Do not delay the Nikah much. Engaged people are at the highest risk for Fitnah. I have seen plenty of engagements break as the Nikah was delayed and there was Haraam contact.
                  • Try to get a job as soon as possible after your studies are finished. In the long term, I've seen that a woman can only respect a man who earns and provides for the family, and is not like a dependent child. Being a man involves being a leader and being strong and independent.
                  • The first few months of marriage are always good but later the annoyances start. Prepare yourself for having a great deal of Sabr at that time.
                  • Educate yourself, take courses (there's one on Seeker's Hub coming up) about an Islamic Marriages, especially how it's different from a Western marriage, and the rights of both spouses and like anything else in life, prepare well for a married life.

May Allah SWT place barakah in this match.
                  My dear brother. Deen is Naseeha and its never spoiling the mood. I appreciate your advise. And it cant be sooner. We agreed last week and the date is just before Eid. And even these days are not easy. But Alhamdulillah, her father is very supportive and understanding. And in my case, its my parents who want to delay etc.

And Alhamdulillah, even as a student, I do earn a little bit and I ll try my best and with the help of Allah(swt), things will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by savo234 View Post

- Then when the time for meeting came, it was all Halal with family involvement. I met the girl in presence of her father who was also open minded and practising. I stayed in their home in a different room for a night and ate with them. In Fajr, his father tested me by putting me infront for Salah and then he liked my recitation :) And other things also liked. And then I proposed to her and she and her father accepted.

-
                    Haha, Mashallah. You put on your best Sudaisy imitation?
                    Knower of human deficiency

Comment

are you guys having byriani for your wedding?

didn't think to ask her that did you?

congratulations may Allah bless your marriage-ameen
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Ameen! :D

Comment

AssalamoAlaikum.

I just wanted to share some information that perhaps may benefit brothers/sisters. I am now engaged to a sister who has a different culture and a background and we met out of nowhere on internet. Alhamdulillah, we will get married before Eid Inshallah.

How it went for us is that.

- I was a student in West and I found difficulty in finding traditional match because they have all these formalities and not a lot of practising sisters were around me.

- She also studies and she is from a town where very few people practiced Islam and she had no way to search a suitable man.

- We both made an account on the same website and met. Then we wrote and tried every time to write formally. Alhamdulillah we succeeded mostly. Never had a video call or something. Its not ideal in Islam and may not be allowed but we had no other way. But here I think, things could have been better if we had always a 3rd person in our messenger chats.

- Even while I am not fully settled and student with a student job. We have decided to have a simple Nikah and I will visit her city often. And Inshallah in few months, May Allah(swt) allow us to be together in same city and settle and give us children. We like each other Alhamdulillah.

All you brothers pray for me and this marriage
                          and I pray for all single bros and sisters out there. My advise is that when you fear fitnah then search by all possible Halal means(I tried Masjid, family, internet, friends etc and it only takes one to work). And don't stick too much with traditional constraints, expensive stuff out there. My wife will make all the Mahr in deferred payment. And with no expensive costume. Inshallah, we will get married.

-
                          Seems like the bride's father is a wise man and made the whole process easy for you. Give him the respect his deserves and treat his daughter well In Sha Allaah.

May Allaah bless your marriage. Ameen.

Comment

-
                            Who has a bunch of formalities? You or the west? I don't understand what's going on here.

But yes I will make dua and well done.

Comment

Masha'allah and the simplicity is great.

May your nikah be blessed and life full of barakah, ameen.
                              “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Working...
                              X