Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the husband also sinning if his wife does not wear the hijab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the husband also sinning if his wife does not wear the hijab?

I have heard people say this and also read it in a fatwa but they provided no proof. Is this true? Does the husband also bear the sin if she does not observe hijab?

The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “ Every one of you is a guardian and is responsible for his subject... a man is the guardian of his family and is responsible for his subjects...Surely, everyone of you is a shepherd and responsible for his flock. ”
    (Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim)

As Allah said: “O you who believe! Ward off yourselves and your families against Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones” [al-Tahreem 66:6]
    What does that verse mean?
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Re: Is the husband also sinning if his wife does not wear the hijab?

I was recently thinking a similar thing like what if the only suitable wife for you was a non-hijabi and you had to marry?
    It all starts with a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpski View Post
      I was recently thinking a similar thing like what if the only suitable wife for you was a non-hijabi and you had to marry?
      Well just tell her before you marry. Plant the seed,she might initially do it to please/obey her husband but once its on her head then just pray it stays on

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by itsgiise View Post
          You subbing or edited?

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
            You subbing or edited?
            whaaaat ?

I'm just following this thread. I'm curious too about this, want to see what people have to say.

Comment

whaaaat ?

I'm just following this thread. I'm curious too about this, want to see what people have to say.
              On the top right of this thread is 'thread tools' click on it and subscribe. That way you won't have to leave dots on a person's thread.

Comment

Well just tell her before you marry. Plant the seed,she might initially do it to please/obey her husband but once its on her head then just pray it stays on
                It all starts with a thought

Comment

I have heard people say this and also read it in a fatwa but they provided no proof. Is this true? Does the husband also bear the sin if she does not observe hijab?

What does that verse mean?
                  In an authentic narration, the Prophet Muhammad sallaAllahu alaihi wa sallam said
                  “The Dayooth will not enter Jannah.”
                  Daiyooth is the man who doesn’t have jealousy on his Maharaim (his mother, sister, wife …).
                  Abdullaah ibn ‘Umar(radhi`Allaahu anhu ) reported that the Prophet (salAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said:
                  “Three people will not enter paradise, and Allaah will not look to them on the Day of Judgement: the one who is disobedient to his parents, the woman who imitates men and the ad-Dayooth.
                  ”[Musnad Ahmad (2/134) No. 6180, Musnad al-Bazzar (12/270) No. 6051, al-Sunnan al-Kubra al-Nasa'i (2/63) No. 2354, al-Mu’jam al-Awsat al-Tabarani (3/51) No. 2443]
                  -the dayooth is a man who doesn't care if his family becomes corrupted
                  -he allows his wife and daughters to leave the home without hijab
                  Ad-Dayooth is the man who permits women for whom he is responsible (eg: mother, wife, sister etc.) to engage in illicit relations, or to display their beauty to strange men, thereby stimulating their sexual desires.
                  He is the man who would show off his wife (or any of his mahram female), her beauty and her style in front of men.
                  He is the one who doesn’t protect her from the eager eyes of strangers (non Mahram).
                  He is the one who accepts that his wife go out with him wearing perfume, putting make up and wearing attractive clothes as if she is an item for sale to others.
                  He is the man who is pleased by the admiring glances from stranger men toward his wife.
                  He would let his sister/his daughter go out with tight clothes, without her Hijab.
                  He is the man who knows that his sister/his daughter has a boyfriend but he doesn’t care.
                  He never has Jealousy on her and would let her show her charm to any one!!

Comment

I would imagine that the guy will have to exercise his authority to its full extent before he can escape the sin... if he asked repeatedly, and she didnt listen, if he slept away, and she still didnt listen, and if he hits her and she still doesnt listen, and continuous to try with her... then thats the most he can do as guardian!

After all, prophets who had bad wives didnt carry their sin cuz they kept advising them and had exercised their authority...

Originally posted by Jumpski View Post
                    Lets be real! There is no such thing as "the only suitable"... the world is full of alternatives... there are plenty of ppl who thought they were marrying "the only suitable" and ended up in divorce...
                    * typing from my phone, excuse the mess

Comment

Originally posted by malleat1 View Post
                      I would imagine that the guy will have to exercise his authority to its full extent before he can escape the sin... if he asked repeatedly, and she didnt listen, if he slept away, and she still didnt listen, and if he hits her and she still doesnt listen, and continuous to try with her... then thats the most he can do as guardian!

After all, prophets who had bad wives didnt carry their sin cuz they kept advising them and had exercised their authority...

Lets be real! There is no such thing as "the only suitable"... the world is full of alternatives... there are plenty of ppl who thought they were marrying "the only suitable" and ended up in divorce...
                      We're allowed to hit you ? didn't know that

Comment

We're allowed to hit you ? didn't know that
                        No ur def not allowed to hit me :mujahida:

There is description to what is allowed as physical punishment... read the translation of surat al nisa ayah 34
                        * typing from my phone, excuse the mess

Comment

Originally posted by malleat1 View Post
                          No ur def not allowed to hit me :mujahida:

There is description to what is allowed as physical punishment... read the translation of surat al nisa ayah 34
                          lol meant in the general sense, not you personally.

That's good to know. I'll have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by babadods View Post
                            In an authentic narration, the Prophet Muhammad sallaAllahu alaihi wa sallam said
                            “The Dayooth will not enter Jannah.”
                            Daiyooth is the man who doesn’t have jealousy on his Maharaim (his mother, sister, wife …).
                            Abdullaah ibn ‘Umar(radhi`Allaahu anhu ) reported that the Prophet (salAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said:
                            “Three people will not enter paradise, and Allaah will not look to them on the Day of Judgement: the one who is disobedient to his parents, the woman who imitates men and the ad-Dayooth.
                            ”[Musnad Ahmad (2/134) No. 6180, Musnad al-Bazzar (12/270) No. 6051, al-Sunnan al-Kubra al-Nasa'i (2/63) No. 2354, al-Mu’jam al-Awsat al-Tabarani (3/51) No. 2443]
                            -the dayooth is a man who doesn't care if his family becomes corrupted
                            -he allows his wife and daughters to leave the home without hijab
                            Ad-Dayooth is the man who permits women for whom he is responsible (eg: mother, wife, sister etc.) to engage in illicit relations, or to display their beauty to strange men, thereby stimulating their sexual desires.
                            He is the man who would show off his wife (or any of his mahram female), her beauty and her style in front of men.
                            He is the one who doesn’t protect her from the eager eyes of strangers (non Mahram).
                            He is the one who accepts that his wife go out with him wearing perfume, putting make up and wearing attractive clothes as if she is an item for sale to others.
                            He is the man who is pleased by the admiring glances from stranger men toward his wife.
                            He would let his sister/his daughter go out with tight clothes, without her Hijab.
                            He is the man who knows that his sister/his daughter has a boyfriend but he doesn’t care.
                            He never has Jealousy on her and would let her show her charm to any one!!
                            Wait...did you say his mother? My understanding is she is the ameer of me. She is my parent and I obey her and not displease her.
                            ┏╮╭┓╭━━━━━━╮
                            ╰╮╭╯┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
                            ┃╰━╯┈┈╰╯┈┈┈┃
                            ┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╰━┫

Comment

after having expailed to her how severe it is for het to disobey Allah and her husband, i suppose he should do the next steps

Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

Qur'an 4/34

if after that she continues to be disobedient he may divorce her,

also, the husband has to make istighfaar for it is possible his own sins caused his surroundings to be against him.
                              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Working...
                              X