Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Co - Wife.....

Originally posted by Ayman2 View Post
    The case I mentionned happened in Morocco by the way and is documented, AFAIK, there is very rare undecommented marriages nowdays and happen only in some very remote villages.
    Otherwise, it is not the case anywhere else. So this is not really an issue. The tensions comes really from hiding the information (at least in these countries, in Europe, I don't what people do even if it is not hidden).
    Interesting to hear about Morocco. These cases do happen in the west, where wives do not know about each other, or even with an eastern and western wife not knowing about each other. I know of a couple in this situation, where the man died and a second wife came forward. Other couples experience when divorce happens. Sometimes neither party is bothered by it. It really isn't worth discussing unless you're facing this situation yourself, and even then the discussion would take place somewhere offline.

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post
      Interesting to hear about Morocco. These cases do happen in the west, where wives do not know about each other, or even with an eastern and western wife not knowing about each other. I know of a couple in this situation, where the man died and a second wife came forward. Other couples experience when divorce happens. Sometimes neither party is bothered by it. It really isn't worth discussing unless you're facing this situation yourself, and even then the discussion would take place somewhere offline.
      Why do you think it should happen in the west?
      People are the same everywhere (or almost the same), the difference here is only the law which is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayman2 View Post
        Why do you think it should happen in the west?
        People are the same everywhere (or almost the same), the difference here is only the law which is different.
        I'm not sure where I said that it should happen in the west. Maybe a language barrier.

Comment

Alhumdollilah, still single :D

I did update :)

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
          Nice to see this thread still alive.

Anyway, I spoke to my teacher and in the end I asked him to decline the proposal on my behalf, alhumdollilah.

Had I of said yes my reasoning would have been very flawed.
          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Working...
          X