• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concerns & fears of a Single Muslim/ Muslimah

:salams

Pray you are all very well, insha'Allah, my dear ummahites

Just working on something on...

What are your main concerns/worries/fears as a single Muslim/ah ...
    Impact on Imaan
    15.49%
    Not finding a suitable match
    69.01%
    Parental Pressue
    8.45%
    Finances
    18.31%
    Lonliness
    26.76%
    Anything & everything else....please discuss.
    22.54%
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Re: Concerns & fears of a Single Muslim/ Muslimah

My main concern is finding a suitable spouse who supports me on my journey towards Allah swt.
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Walaikumsalam.

I put finances and anything else. Reason being the cost of living is high, even though standard of livings is amazingly good and it's safe,from where I'm from alhamdulillah. However, being someone who's more prone to save than to spend, and still dependent on allowances - I kinda struggle a bit on this. I guess it's something to worry about, much more than others.

As for "anything else" part, it's my social anxiety I'm worried about. Apparently I've read it can make you fall into depression and it's part of your genes, so I think I'm worried about this being passed on to my future children (if I have any inshallah) this affecting my relationship with those around me. I've seen how different I act first hand, because of this. It's kinda ugly, really. It's a personal struggle for me, that I think I can fight off in a few years hopefully. Can only hope for the best. :)

On top of that, student loans needa pay off on time before interest sets in. :'(
      Last edited by nudgetheputri; 25-04-17, 01:49 PM.

Comment

tmi
        Last edited by Jumpski; 25-04-17, 01:51 PM.
        It all starts with a thought

Comment

If its regarding marriage then finding a girl thats on the manhaj and someone that doesnt have a bad past

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
            If its regarding marriage then finding a girl thats on the manhaj and someone that doesnt have a bad past
            Same.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
              Same.
              Insha Allah akhi

Comment

My concern is that my match won't find me.
                Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam
                  Finding someone who is properly religious is the main issue.. that ties into some of the other things I.e finances, if he is religious he knows that part of his role is to provide, so he shouldn't make me feel guilty for not working outside the house. Parental pressure is definitely not an issue.. vice versa, i'd like it if my parents had religious connections because it would make the process so much easier, but we don't. And r.e impact on imaan.. that links to the first thing I mentioned, not finding someone that is truly religious. Well they need to be religious, have good character, compatibility, and be attractive (to me, I don't mean prince charming), so finding someone with all of these qualities will be hard.. when its hard enough finding someone who is religious and prioritises Islam.
                  And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                  [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

:wswrwb:

Not being on the same page.

What are you working on?
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Being married.
                      Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Last edited by myeverything; 06-12-17, 08:09 PM.
                        How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Comment

Last edited by myeverything; 06-12-17, 08:09 PM.
                          How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Comment

Originally posted by myeverything View Post
                            But she has already found you!
                            He has 3 more matches to look forward to in shaa Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                              He has 3 more matches to look forward to in shaa Allah.
                              :rotfl:
                              Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Working...
                              X