Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Potential Partners

Hi

I should probably start by describing my situation so you can get a clear picture. I'm a 24 year old student, finishing up his education. I feel now im mature enough to handle the responsibility that come with marriage. As such i've started to look for a potential spouse. This is were it gets tricky, as the type of sister im looking for isn't the type to you can just walk up to and ask out. I'm wondering how people currently looking for spouses like myself and others who have gotten married found a pious sister.
    I should mention, there are none at my university, nor is my social circle large and i'm not the type to go to weddings and other cultural functions.
    Last edited by itsgiise; 22-04-17, 05:30 PM. Reason: Gramar

Re: Finding Potential Partners

R u sure non at uni? Usually at the ladies prayer room bunch of lovely girls that u dont see wondering around, but gather up there
    * typing from my phone, excuse the mess

Comment

I suppose the masjid, but i know how masjids can be
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by malleat1 View Post
        R u sure non at uni? Usually at the ladies prayer room bunch of lovely girls that u dont see wondering around, but gather up there
        Yeah, it's a university at a small city in Scandinavian . It doesn't have a prayer room at all. So no gathering here.

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
          I suppose the masjid, but i know how masjids can be
          I don't mind masjids. How do they work, do they set you up with a random person or ?

Comment

Originally posted by itsgiise View Post
            I don't mind masjids. How do they work, do they set you up with a random person or ?
            I dont know my masjid wouldnt be the fit one to ask
            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

The generic answers are... ask your family, friends, the imam at the masjid, Islamic matrimonial sites, if there's anyone you've noticed at uni/work/community work etc

The real life answer is... I honestly don't know. if your family don't have religious suitable connections it can be very hard... make du'aa and actively search (not sure how you can actively search), its really tough.. people whose families are well known islamically in the community..find this much, much easier. Therefore practically.. I don't have a real clue, lol.
              And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record
              [al-Anaam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                The generic answers are... ask your family, friends, the imam at the masjid, Islamic matrimonial sites, if there's anyone you've noticed at uni/work/community work etc

The real life answer is... I honestly don't know. if your family don't have religious suitable connections it can be very hard... make du'aa and actively search (not sure how you can actively search), its really tough.. people whose families are well known islamically in the community..find this much, much easier. Therefore practically.. I don't have a real clue, lol.
                Alright perhaps i should've phrased it differently. How did you guys get in touch with your current spouses ?
                And plz don't tell me it was through family :(

Comment

Alright perhaps i should've phrased it differently. How did you guys get in touch with your current spouses ?
                  And plz don't tell me it was through family :(
                  I can't answer that question yet, but I'm sure our married sisters and brothers on here, can
                  When I do, doubt it will be through my family, we don't have religious connections, and I'm certainly not marrying someone half practising
                  And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record
                  [al-Anaam 6:59]

Comment

I dont know my masjid wouldnt be the fit one to ask

lol you make me worry for myself
                    قد كانت لكم أسوة حسنة في إبراهيم والذين معه إذ قالوا لقومهم إنا برآء منكم ومما تعبدون من دون الله كفرنا بكم وبدا بيننا وبينكم العداوة والبغضاء أبدا حتى تؤمنوا بالله وحده

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
                      lol you make me worry for myself
                      Haha sis idk what theyre like where u live but mine would definately not look for a pious man but just help out a brozer in need (of a green card)

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Haha sis idk what theyre like where u live but mine would definately not look for a pious man but just help out a brozer in need (of a green card)
                        Not a worry here. Considering im across the atlantic

Comment

Not a worry here. Considering im across the atlantic
                          America?

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

America?
                            No. Denmark.. Thought you were in America.
                            No green-card chasers here

Comment

No. Denmark.. Thought you were in America.
                              No green-card chasers here
                              Ah im in belgium and yes we do have them most morrocon/algerian bc they find jobs better here aparently

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Working...
                              X