Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power of dua

As'salaamu allaykum,
    I have been engaged for a year and have reached a point where my fiancé and I both are ready for marriage. We don't want to wait longer. But our families are adamant on having a wedding in 2019, because that is when all family members from overseas and other places will be able to make it. That's too long for us and we wan to protect ourselves from falling into sin. We haven't done anything, we live in different states and only see each other once a year, our dates are chaperone. We have tried explaining to our dear parents, have tried everything, nothing is changing their minds. I have turned to dua, because I feel so weak and helpless, but I'm not seeing any changes. My question is if I keep praying, will their hears eventually change, or is it pointless in doing so? I'm just feeling really low and have spent so many times praying and crying, because I have been practicing my whole life, and have kept myself away from zina and whatnot. But I do have feelings for this man, and it is getting harder and harder to control myself.
    Jazakhallah khair in advance

Re: power of dua

:salams:

How many times people made dua to Allah for a cause they thought was hopeless only to have their duas answered in a way they did not imagine

Sabr sister and keep making dua
    What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

Comment

:salams

Why don't you both speak to your parents or get someone else in your family involved and get a nikkah done with the ones that are there, this way Islamically speaking your married and can do as you wish without worrying about sinning. Then get the big wedding with the family and all after.

Comment

Originally posted by Winter View Post
        :salams

Why don't you both speak to your parents or get someone else in your family involved and get a nikkah done with the ones that are there, this way Islamically speaking your married and can do as you wish without worrying about sinning. Then get the big wedding with the family and all after.
        :wswrwb:

Do the above if possible. If not, the the guy needs to step up and be more firm in demanding that nikah be done.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

You cant pray with helpless thoughts... thats one of the reasons prayers arent accepted... you have to know and believe truly that Allah will do what is best for you... sometimes we cry for things that are bad for us, other times we hate things that are good for us...

If communicating with this guy while unmarried (and without mahram involved) then stop... thats it, you've accepted each other, you are ready to get married, it is now the family's time to do the rest! You are putting yourself in a vulnerable situation, and then crying that you are in need now to get married!

Some ppl think just cuz they were allowed to talk to the guy (with mahram!!!) to find out how they feel about them, it means they are allowed to take it privately and keep going on with it! That is a sin, this man isnt your mahram... and since you both have decided to go ahead, why is this still going? Shaytaan?

Leave it and then pray to Allah "oh Allah i left this because it is a sin, and because i dont want to upset you, help me with my family to bring us together in halal"... then tell the guy, "the moment your family are ready, there is my family, man up"
          Last edited by malleat1; 09-04-17, 08:55 AM.
          * typing from my phone, excuse the mess

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam
            Eurgh this is annoying when families don't understand.
            Sister why don't you both be persistent as well as du'aa of course, and just ask your families r.e getting a nikkah done, now?
            And then hold off the walima/wedding event (that all the family want to attend) till 2019
            So you're both halal for each other, insha ' allah :) And at the same time, the overseas family wont miss out on the celebration too.
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
            [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Working...
            X