Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asking someone why they are still not married and suspicion

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
    Well if she has stretch marks then she isn't lying. Fat people get stretch marks.
    Stretch marks can be from puberty too.

Comment

Originally posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
      Btw, 5 years to go is not approaching 30!!
      This. I'm nearly 25. Approaching 30 is like from 27 onwards lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Vine View Post
        Well, if someone asks you "why are you 30 and single?" you can say "so that you can ask me about it."
        Dear...
        http://azizamzena.blogspot.com/2017/03/world-butterfly-day.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dinobot View Post
          Precisely. If you are a man in your thirties and you are still not married you have some issues. It could be anything. But you have issues. The folks on Ummah forums especially the brothers can deny cry or whine about it but it's fact.
          what about a never married woman in her 30s?
          Dear...

Comment

Originally posted by Zammyh View Post
            a girl i met for marriage was perfect too but 33 and wen i asked why she had never been married she said because she has been fat most of her life and only recently lost the weight. i know it sounds weird but she doesn't look like a former fat person. usually u can tell. sure she has some chubby people in her family but they are not so big. do you think this is a lie?
            Why would she lie?
            Low-self esteem prevents a lot of people from living their lives to their potential.
            Dear...

Comment

Originally posted by theflowers View Post
              what about a never married woman in her 30s?
              I was one. And I was enjoying it, and I also enjoyed playing games with nosy people like that. They eventually dreaded the idea of asking me about why am I still single. So people, be creative and witty, and you will repudiate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Vine View Post
                I was one. And I was enjoying it, and I also enjoyed playing games with nosy people like that. They eventually dreaded the idea of asking me about why am I still single. So people, be creative and witty, and you will repudiate them.

You are no longer single?

More happily single women should share their point of view. How did you accept and enjoy being a woman 30 plus that wasn't married?
                Dear...

Comment

Originally posted by theflowers View Post
                  You are no longer single?

More happily single women should share their point of view. How did you accept and enjoy being a woman 30 plus that wasn't married?
                  I had several relationships (now please don't get on me for this word), I planned to get married several times but every time it turns out that the person is just wrong. But I needed time to figure that out, I was open and ready to give another chance, and I got disappointed so many times, so I figured I don't want to get married any more. Marriage is overrated, and a small percentage of people have the real thing. Despite that, everyone wants to get married thinking they will surely get the real deal and not a divorce in a couple of years. When you're single, you are in control all the time, you do what you want and no one will bother you for doing it. However, when you're married, there are many things you can't control, you have to make compromises all the time. I figured being single was a blessing for me.

Anyways, I got a PhD offer abroad, and I planned to live all by myself. It was a PhD I really wanted to do, and I was happy. I stopped thinking about marriage and all the fuss, and I annoyed people who dared to ask me about marriage. Everyone has something embarrassing they don't want to talk about (I'm not saying being single is one of those things), but every time someone asks me a question like why am I not married (which is a pretty rude question), I ask them about that embarrassing thing they are trying to hide from everyone.

Yeah, I got married. I wasn't trying to find anyone, I wasn't looking to get married, but since I met him, he has been an inspiration for me. A person with unique qualities, honest and open-minded, very much like myself. And if it wasn't for him, and if he wasn't the way he was/is, I am sure I would never get married, and I'd still be happy to be single.

If it is not the right person, and you're not 100% sure he/she is the right one, being single is a better option. Don't settle for anything just so you're not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Faceless
                    Many couples found true love even with our without marriage.
                    They just enjoy being together without legal papers.
                    this is a muslim forum
                    muslims don't do love without or before marriage
                    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Yes, we should try to be a little more open minded on the subject. Not every single 30something year old was too busy living a bachelor life. There are other things that can be going on in life that distract people from marriage.

Comment

You are free to ask why. But to be suspicious because someone is 30+ is just ridiculous and old fashioned. There are literally hundreds of reasons why people marry in their 30's.

I will be 30 years old next year. I've had suitors in my early 20s. But they just didn't work out. One was a liar and the other wasn't able to provide for me properly. Then I've had some family problems for the last couple years of my life. I would like to get married but qadr of Allah.

Marriage is like anything in life, it is in the hands of Allah. You can't judge someone for something that is in the hands of Allah.
                        Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
                        (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

Working...
                        X