This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very difficult situation

so a girl i have been in love with and wanting to marry since i first met her when i was 7 is engaged to another man. the man is a lot older than her and she told me she doesn't want to marry him and she wants to marry me. her mother told him she wishes for me to marry her daughter but they argued and now she is scared. everyone i have asked for advice has told me i can not marry this girl because they are scared of what the other guy might do if he doesn't marry her. the man is also living at the same house as the girl, he works and all the money he earns goes to the girls family because they are poor. because of this, the mother can not call off the marriage because he has been supporting them for many years and they have no way of paying him back. any advice?

thanks

Re: Very difficult situation

Why would anyone advice you to break another engagement? Just because you feel bit of that "love" ?

I feel sorry for the man, whose fiancee is meeting this another man.

Comment

It is up to the girl to marry whoever she wants. No one can force her to marry the other man.

Even if she is engaged, she should think twice before going into this marriage if she doesn't really eant to marry this man.

Comment

Uhh that situation raises red flags. Older, wealthier man marries the daughter of a family he is supporting financially?

Comment

Why don't you work to replace him? If you love her so much, and he makes a fuss, you can tell them that they can promise to pay him back overtime, and you support them and pay him back bit by bit. May sound a bit hard, but if it bothers you that much, then I would aim for that if I was in your shoes.
          Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Like what can that man do if she doesnt marry him?

It is important to know because he may not be suited to her at all.
            “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

best thing to do is stay away before they do something stupid to you. avoid crazy people.
              Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

Advice: Move on.

Not much more can be said here...

Comment

Working...
                X