• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why should I get married in the first place

Originally posted by m7md View Post
    I have u daleel from Quran,
    What's ur daleel for ur being a sunnah
    Coz from Quran that's the default position
    your daleel is not a daleel. It's that simple. Allah does not command people to take multiple wives as you suggest. Go and learn some Arabic. Better yet go and speak to a scholar. You would be laughed out of court

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
      [MENTION=87297]Dinobot[/MENTION]

https://islamqa.info/en/5511 - When is marriage obligatory?

Fasting is prescribed as an alternative solution for when you are unable to get married.

Qurtubi can say what he likes. Marriage is not fardh. It's not like salah where if you don't do it then there is a severe punishment for it. Even if you are able to get married. Ibn taymiyyah, bukhari and co all certainly could have married in their lives. But they haven't. Now go right ahead and tell me they will enter Jahannam for not marrying.

Marriage is Sunnah. There is nothing obligatory about it. If you can marry go right ahead and marry. If you can't marry then go and fast instead of crying about needs and unnecessary demands like our friend keeps telling us.

You do not have the right to demand someone's daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinobot View Post
        Qurtubi can say what he likes. Marriage is not fardh. It's not like salah where if you don't do it then there is a severe punishment for it. Even if you are able to get married. Ibn taymiyyah, bukhari and co all certainly could have married in their lives. But they haven't. Now go right ahead and tell me they will enter Jahannam for not marrying.

Marriage is Sunnah. There is nothing obligatory about it. If you can marry go right ahead and marry. If you can't marry then go and fast instead of crying about needs and unnecessary demands like our friend keeps telling us.

You do not have the right to demand someone's daughter.
        This is the itjihad of respected scholars. I think I will follow them over your personal opinion.

Perhaps Ibn Taymiyyah, Bukhari, etc did not fear zina. Don't jump to conclusions.

Yes, fasting is prescribed for when you are unable to marry, as stated above. But when you can get married, that becomes the primary solution, as the hadith says.

Nobody is saying to demand anyone's daughter. This is a strawman.
        Last edited by Stoic Believer; 20-03-17, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
          This is the itjihad of respected scholars. I think I will follow them over your personal opinion.

Perhaps Ibn Taymiyyah, Bukhari, etc did not fear zina. Don't jump to conclusions.

Yes, fasting is prescribed for when you are unable to marry, as stated above. But when you can get married, that becomes the primary solution, as the hadith says.

Nobody is saying to demand anyone's daughter. This is a strawman.

I don't care what you think about my opinion. Like I said. Qurtubi can say what he likes. He wants to save people who can't keep it in their pants. If you can afford it then go right ahead. I am not going to query it. What I am querying is the idea that marriage is wajib and fardh like salah. The prophet did not make it fardh for good reasons. Not everyone can afford a wife. But everyone can pray salah. That's my point in this whole matter.

As for ibn taymiyyah and co, yeah sure they do not think about zina but they are still human and had desires too just like any other man. Even messengers of God are not immune.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinobot View Post
            I don't care what you think about my opinion. Like I said. Qurtubi can say what he likes. He wants to save people who can't keep it in their pants. If you can afford it then go right ahead. I am not going to query it. What I am querying is the idea that marriage is wajib and fardh like salah. The prophet did not make it fardh for good reasons. Not everyone can afford a wife. But everyone can pray salah. That's my point in this whole matter.

As for ibn taymiyyah and co, yeah sure they do not think about zina but they are still human and had desires too just like any other man. Even messengers of God are not immune.
            Can u tell us what r the requirements for something to be a fard, and mind u its Allah who makes things fard or not, not the prophet saw.
            U have no respect for Quran, sunnah, or any scholar, what a disaster u r,
            I think its u who is wanted to force ur budha/hindu thinking of who is pious using whatever means, as in their religion staying away from women is considered to be a noble act, and this is ur personal desire.

U ignore Quran and ask for evidence, even dajals who called themselves prophets didnt ignore Quran like that they would twist the words.

U cant provide any evidence for ur claim of marriage being a sunnah, I gave u evidence u rejected it based on ur desire for it not to be like that.

Do what u like, in Quran Allah has said 'wa khalaqna kum azwaja' and muslims will keep on following this.

If u find marriage perverted then please go explain to Hassan ra, and Hussain ra first. and also ask them did they end up in Jannah or Jahanum.

Quran says on those who marry, 'Ina hum ghairo malumeen' and ur blaming , haram

As I pointed our ur views on this matter r more inline with bhudas and hindus..

Comment

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
              I realized the only times I was in a relationship with a girl is when I needed a way out. In a way I'm using her without realizing it. I never desired to settle when I'm fulfilled and happy. Actually hated the idea of being with one woman for the rest of my life. I can see why religious people get married.
              Get married, or don't.

Nobody cares.

Comment

Working...
              X