This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why should I get married in the first place

I realized the only times I was in a relationship with a girl is when I needed a way out. In a way I'm using her without realizing it. I never desired to settle when I'm fulfilled and happy. Actually hated the idea of being with one woman for the rest of my life. I can see why religious people get married.

Re: Why should I get married in the first place

Marriage is a contract of mutual benefit.

Your benefit and her's are two different things

Comment

Right... I'm sorry, what's your question?

And if you don't want to get married in the first place it's fine. Just marry in the second place playyah. No really, you should get married and stop fooling around.

Comment

Cus u never fell in love probably

And if ur happy being unmarried then there is no issue
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
          Cus u never fell in love probably

And if ur happy being unmarried then there is no issue
          Right. What is love?

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post

And if you don't want to get married in the first place it's fine. Just marry in the second place playyah. No really, you should get married and stop fooling around.
            I'm curious why someone would want to get married when they're in their prime. Usually people consider settling down when things are going downhill. Or you just wanna get married so you can have halal sexual relationships. Aside from that I can't think of any reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
              I'm curious why someone would want to get married when they're in their prime. Usually people consider settling down when things are going downhill. Or you just wanna get married so you can have halal sexual relationships. Aside from that I can't think of any reasons.
              To avoid a major sin (fornication).

Are you serious?

Comment

To avoid a major sin (fornication).

Are you serious?
                Some would argue that's a terrible reason to get married to someone.

Comment

lol

Comment

I realized the only times I was in a relationship with a girl is when I needed a way out. In a way I'm using her without realizing it. I never desired to settle when I'm fulfilled and happy. Actually hated the idea of being with one woman for the rest of my life. I can see why religious people get married.
                    Ya then don't, people have right to their opinions,
                    U should be accepting of diversity and understand people like it as it's the natural way or life.
                    Allah has made everyone in pairs, if u really feel as u mentioned u need quiet some tuning of ur mind

Comment

Right. What is love?
                      Baby dont hurt me
                      Dont hurt me
                      No more
                      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

You would know what love is if you would feel it

When you care more about someone else then about yourself, thats love

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Some would argue that's a terrible reason to get married to someone.
                          Brother look at it this way ... which one is better .. committing zina or getting married?
                          fear of zina is a completely acceptable reason to get married .. who cares what other people think .. you're going in your grave and they are going in theirs.

get married when you feel good and ready not because you feel pressured due to society and what the societal norms are
                          ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Right. What is love?
                            Love is a well-founded, educated decision.

Comment

Maybe marriage is just not your thing at the moment. (This is what I often thought when I was single)
                              For me, it's better because you have your best friend, spouse, someone who enjoys the same things you do, a companion you share all your problems with, but also happy times. Someone you can count on always, and you know they will be there when you need that. And yeah, intimacy is a bonus. I use to be a happy single individual, and I didn't think it could be any better than being single. Then, I met my husband, got married, and I think it's much better this way. You can, but you don't have to do it all by yourself. And traveling, hiking, biking and other hobbies I have - I enjoy it more with him (even though I use to enjoy it by myself, and I thought it can't get any better than that). Of course, sometimes there are some misunderstandings and problems you need to deal with, but with the right person these are all minor, easily solvable problems.

And for those who say you should get married to avoid fornication; this is crap. You spend 5% of your married life having sexual relation with your spouse, and there is 95% of the time when you are to solve problems, do things together, enjoy each other's company or fight (not necessarily in that order but you get my point). Also, those who think the physical appearance is very important, it is to some extent important for the first few months, but later on, if the person's personality traits are lousy, there is not beauty that can make up for that. None whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                              X