A man with a Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A man with a Book

has anyone come across this weird custom at weddings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAzAQSwDKTU
    Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Re: A man with a Book

Something similar is practiced in some cities of my country. People give money in an envelope with their name written on it to the families of the bride and the groom. I've heard in some places someone from the families make a list of those who gave money and how much they gave, so they won't forget to return the same amount of money, that is however very uncommon. Giving money in an envelope is pretty common though.

Comment

Currency = PKR (probably)

Comment

What's the custom?
        If it's as mentioned above regarding money given to bride and groom, that's generally a common thing at weddings
        I'm guessing it's not that as OP says weird customs.
        Does the youtube vid have music in it, real people etc? Sometimes I click on ones here and they have stuff like that.
        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
          What's the custom?
          If it's as mentioned above regarding money given to bride and groom, that's generally a common thing at weddings
          I'm guessing it's not that as OP says weird customs.
          Does the youtube vid have music in it, real people etc? Sometimes I click on ones here and they have stuff like that.
          It's a mufti menk talk so no kpop this time.

Comment

Originally posted by quark View Post
            It's a mufti menk talk so no kpop this time.
            Oh okay Jazakhallahu khairan, honestly speaking I've never even heard of kpop. Pop yes.. but kpop, no.
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
            [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Exactly what custom are you talking about?

the giving of money to couple in weddings is like giving gifts..isn't it.

i am confused.
              Online Quran Classes from Al Madinah Al Munawwara | Islamic Knowledge | Islamic Channel

Comment

Working...
              X