Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How can this be?

Originally posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post
    As ASWJ we should all aim to be moderate.

Moderate does not mean liberal.
    moderate means liberal in the west

and so the moderates are the ones more welcomed and accepted because they 'integrate'

nothing to do with what the Quran says about taking the middle path
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Yeah someone who prefers a nonhijabi over hijabi is what I meant.

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam,
        Surpisingly there are quite a few people like this..
        But don't worry about them sis, there are also plenty of decent religious guys.
        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by bismillah12 View Post
          Yeah someone who prefers a nonhijabi over hijabi is what I meant.
          I remember before I got married, a random brother just came along and he said when it comes to marriage, think with your head and not with what's between your legs.;)
          Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

As long as the person is practising and doing their best even if not as religious as you.....attraction works in weird ways. When they meet that person they probably see something in them they really like.
            شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
            فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
            وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
            ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

It is very common. Opposite attracts

There are many who study Islam for years and yet some point in life they become "modern" themselves. People change hence we constantly make dua to stay the same

Comment

The term moderate in quran is not the same as that used these days.... moderate these days means 50/50 muslim.... i.e. BS...
                * typing from my phone, excuse the mess

Comment

Maybe they loved them and that feeling took over and they figured they can change that person. Or maybe they keep their options broad and will settle for a sister who fulfills all her obligations and tries her best. Really, we're in no place to judge. People can marry whom they want, they can ask for beauty or piousness or a sense of humor or height or money or whatever they wish in a spouse because at the end of the day, it's the person they choose to live with. If a person wishes to marry another person, they should have the right to do so without the judgement of others (not directed towards OP but in general) and this goes especially for controlling parents. Advice is nice, but at the end of the day, it's that person's decision.

Comment

Working...
                  X