Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can this be?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How can this be?

    Asalaamu alaikum,

    How can someone study religion for many years and yet want to marry someone "moderate"

  • #2
    Re: How can this be?

    :wswrwb:

    If your teacher teaches 'moderate' Islam, you're likely to adopt his positions, which means you'll want to marry someone 'moderate'.

    Wallahu a'lam

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How can this be?

      But isn't there only one way for islam which is the religious way. There shouldn't be a "moderate" way i feel

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bismillah12 View Post
        But isn't there only one way for islam which is the religious way. There shouldn't be a "moderate" way i feel
        Yeah, there is only Islam.

        Whoever that person is, you shouldn't pay them any mind.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How can this be?

          As ASWJ we should all aim to be moderate.

          Moderate does not mean liberal.
          http://kondori.wordpress.com/

          Like this page on FB
          HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

          Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

          "...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

          "We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
          Shaykh Akram Nadwi


          Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh


          http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How can this be?

            :wswrwb:

            What does "moderate" means to them?

            What annoys me is brothers who claim to be religious but "don't mind" a wife who doesn't wear hijab or doesn't pray regularly. I used to find their low-standards off-putting, but after giving it some thought I think I got it. The reason why they don't mind is because they used to be that way too, and they only started practicing recently, so they are less judgmental on those who are intending to practice but haven't done it yet.

            That's just my theory. Maybe they don't really care.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
              :wswrwb:

              What does "moderate" means to them?

              What annoys me is brothers who claim to be religious but "don't mind" a wife who doesn't wear hijab or doesn't pray regularly. I used to find their low-standards off-putting, but after giving it some thought I think I got it. The reason why they don't mind is because they used to be that way too, and they only started practicing recently, so they are less judgmental on those who are intending to practice but haven't done it yet.

              That's just my theory. Maybe they don't really care.
              Could be. Or they're just not as religious as you thought. Or they're just very lenient when it comes to this for whatever reason.

              Interestingly I found that it was the Sufi guys who were the most relaxed when it came to the hijab.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How can this be?

                Originally posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post
                As ASWJ we should all aim to be moderate.

                Moderate does not mean liberal.

                True bro.

                She did put moderate in quotation marks though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How can this be?

                  Yes like they would be lenient on hijab.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How can this be?

                    Originally posted by bismillah12 View Post
                    Asalaamu alaikum,

                    How can someone study religion for many years and yet want to marry someone "moderate"
                    That person has screws loose, so naturally they want someone like them,

                    Probably brainwashed by deviants,
                    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

                    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

                    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How can this be?

                      Originally posted by bismillah12 View Post
                      Yes like they would be lenient on hijab.
                      Dayyuth like behaviour is unfortunately quite common
                      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

                      "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

                      – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How can this be?

                        their just shallow. most likely just only interested in some ones looks. looking for a trophy wife.
                        Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

                        -Quran (57:20)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How can this be?

                          Originally posted by bismillah12 View Post
                          Asalaamu alaikum,

                          How can someone study religion for many years and yet want to marry someone "moderate"
                          You're going to have to be more specific because moderation is good.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: How can this be?

                            Originally posted by bismillah12 View Post
                            Asalaamu alaikum,

                            How can someone study religion for many years and yet want to marry someone "moderate"
                            :wswrwb:

                            it happens, they just fancy someone less religious because moderate means toned down, not taking the middle path though

                            people who take the middle path are not moderates

                            moderates are those that pick and choose which could be all of us without realising

                            that's my definition

                            at first I was confused why 'religious' people prefer that, but my theory is (lol) men are men, if you can find a good one- without all the ilm and one that knows how to treat a woman right, that itself would be a miracle and an achievement to celebrate lol

                            all the best
                            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                            So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: How can this be?

                              Originally posted by quark View Post
                              You're going to have to be more specific because moderation is good.
                              I reckon she means liberal

                              it's nothing surprising
                              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                              So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X