Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Female Iraqi MP calls on government to encourage polygamy

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    There's a word in English for women who have multiple men, and it's not nice, to say the least,

Keep your disgusting vile ideas to yourself,
    Its polyandry

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
      Where are they running out of men? In war torn countries or world wide? Because there are over population of men world wide. In war torn countries, I think its best to either wait until the country stabilizes before people jump on marriage bandwagon or help migration to safer muslim countries. Also if women got direct help then she can choose who she likes & whom she is attracted too: whether be a 2nd wife to local guy or marry a foreigner. Finance would not be an issue
      The statistics r way wrong, i know as a fact that during population census, many many families do not declare their girls and women out of this and that fear in many countries..
      Ur solution may have some issue in practical in all honestly, prophet saw said there should not be delay in 3 things... and can you or anyone tell us when a war will be over :s and sadly not many muslim countries r very welcoming of refugees..
      Women always gets to choose who she likes for marriage if her wali agrees, no one is forced, and in all honesty arab women dont really prefer non arab men for marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
        Speak for yourself. Plenty of sisters out there who are pretty secure and confident abbot themselves. I Know a brother who his wife found him a 2nd wife.
        yes, exactly!

Even i know of women who searched and got second wife for their husbands even though love between both man and his first wife was awesome and they were happy.
        Online Quran Classes from Al Madinah Al Munawwara | Islamic Knowledge | Islamic Channel

Comment

Originally posted by love4u
          If women are given equal rights - i.e. if women are allowed to have as many HUSBANDS as men can have WIVES, then I suppose multiple spouses would be, well, at least fair.
          Allah, our creator decided what is right and what is wrong for us. Are we going to question him?
          Online Quran Classes from Al Madinah Al Munawwara | Islamic Knowledge | Islamic Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
            Its polyandry
            In addition to this filthy vile word above, there's another more henious one, which I'd rather not mention,

In any case, that Love4U troll is despicable/vile kaafir,
            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by m7md View Post
              I just quoted the news, didnt write from myself.

And as for your second part, I feel both parents r worse in doing justice with their kids and children so whats ur opinion there to have one child only? :)
              Islamic rights of a wife does not include the emotional needs* u referred to here. And no single wife in the world dies feeling emotionally fully satisfied, world is not a place to fulfill all satisfactions one may want.
              You are incorrect -- the wife absolutely has a right to her emotional needs being met. One of the basic rights of a wife over her husband is the right to kindness.

"2. Non-financial rights

(i) Fair treatment of co-wives. One of the rights that a wife has over her husband is that she and her co-wives should be treated equally, if the husband has other wives, with regard to nights spent with them, spending and clothing.

(ii) Kind treatment. The husband must have a good attitude towards his wife and be kind to her, and offer her everything that may soften her heart towards him, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and live with them honourably” [al-Nisaa’ 4:19]

“And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect) to what is reasonable” [al-Baqarah 2:228] "

https://islamqa.info/en/10680

The Quran tells us that polygamy is ONLY permissible if you can do justice between the wives in surat Nisa verse 3.

"And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one or those your right hand possesses. That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice]."

As for your comment about parents, we ARE commanded to treat our children fairly.

" Another important matter which is one of the rights of children to which attention must be paid, is treating children fairly. This right was referred to by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the saheeh hadeeth (authentic narration): “Fear Allaah and treat your children fairly.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2447; Muslim, 1623). It is not permissible to show preference to females over males, just as it is not permissible to show preference to males over females. If the father makes this mistake and shows preference to some of his children over others, and does not treat them fairly, this will lead to many evils, such as:

The harm that befalls the father himself, for the children whom he denies or deprives will grow up to hate him. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) referred to this in the hadeeth narrated by Muslim (1623) when he said to the father of al-Nu’maan, “Would you like them to honour you equally?” He said, “Yes.” In other words, if you want them all to honour you equally, then be fair in giving gifts to them.

Another evil consequence is the children hating one another, and stoking the flames of hatred and enmity between them. "

https://islamqa.info/en/20064

Comment

I think this is great. I understand women who don't like polygamy, they have every right to dislike it and choose not to participate, but the choice is there and each woman knows what's best for her(unless she's deluded or something lol). I wouldn't marry a man who has another wife if I was a woman, but if I was to get into my late 30's and haven't got children but I want to, or my husband dies when i'm getting into the decades, I wouldn't rule it out completely, I'd have it as a back-up plan at least.
                I'm especially happy that we promote our practices and values when the extremist kuffar promote their own actively and try to unduly throw dirt on ours - I'm sick of all that propaganda. The shariah is the best, our values are the best, the sunnah is the best, the Qur'an is the best, our history is the best, I love to see more of it everywhere, and if John and Jane Doe knew, they would be compelled to love it too, but like I said, extremist kuffar(right-wingers in particular and anti-"regressive" left-wingers, nazis and such) are working hard to keep the brainwashing intact, they can't allow for even one moment without it, or else people may think we're normal when they see we just eat, sleep, go to work, have families etc. like them and don't go around killing everyone.
                Demagogues on stages across the U.S., U.K., France etc. act like halal meat is abhorrent because animals die - as if the meat that they eat rained down from the sky, or they got it from living animals which would be worse lol. Or they call circumcision genital mutilation and horrible but breast implants and nose surgery and all of that and transgender operations is "a personal lifestyle choice". Or a woman in Saudi should be allowed to wear a bikini in the street according to them, but she shouldn't be allowed to wear a burka in their countries, then pretend like they're all against dress codes and not forcing women to wear X,Y & Z.
                The tolerant, "regressive" leftists should get the credit that's due to them as they're being fair to us.

I don't get how kuffar don't see how unfair it is to ban polygamy or to instate polyandry if polygamy is instated.
                If not all women are allowed to get married, but all men are allowed to get married, isn't that unfair? If polygamy is banned then that will happen. And saying "Well, you have old ladies who are past the age and want to die alone" - you'll find them getting married to old men. Or if you say "But there are lesbians, so they take away from the pool of women" - there are gays too lol, then you'd have to ban gay marriage and allow lesbian marriage, either of which is abhorrent to anyone who hasn't been brainwashed out of feeling disgust for the very idea.
                If 4 men have to provide for a woman but she doesn't have to provide for them, that is unfair - and we as men are fine with taking that burden.
                How would each man have a child, she can't just have a child every year, and if she has to take a year in between each child to recuperate, that means I can have a child with her only once every 8 years. Women nowadays in the west don't tolerate more than 2 births.
                And as others pointed out, even then my paternity is in question. And if she doesn't want to satisfy my needs(yes, those, not monetary ones), why did I marry her? To hang out? I can do that with friends and family, why would I want to give someone my money, food and shelter for free when they're doing well? Especially if she has other husbands lol.
                And she would have reduced the pool of men to choose from for other women.
                And how can it be legal to have as many boyfriends or girlfriends as one wants, and it's just unfair/bad but not illegal, whereas having several wives is both unfair/bad and illegal according to the people there? If the other is illegal because it's unfair, why isn't the first one as well?
                Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                  you guys don't understand how painful this can be for females..
                  I don't think you'll ever truly understand, so no point explaining..
                  do you think every female who would prefer their husband not marrying another woman, is selfish?
                  I completely understand, but giving birth is also painful, and Jannah is srounded with hardship.
                  Anyhow, people must control their desires, especially in this era where more and more men r starting to feel like women and more and more women r starting to feel like men
                  It's not about selfish, it's sure natural, but women nowadays excessively think it's their men which is wrong, in face she is his, if women change their thinking that it's her man and that he has right over her then it will be lots easy I feel. Honestly it's also very difficult living with a single wife in this era, but if the woman truly loves her husband she will sure look for his happiness. the thing is many men/husbands look to get approval from their wives before engaging in second nikah, which makes matter worse, coz it's natural for anyone to stick with their position once they have made an opinion and convaied it.

Comment

Originally posted by amalie View Post
                    You are incorrect -- the wife absolutely has a right to her emotional needs being met. One of the basic rights of a wife over her husband is the right to kindness.

"2. Non-financial rights

(i) Fair treatment of co-wives. One of the rights that a wife has over her husband is that she and her co-wives should be treated equally, if the husband has other wives, with regard to nights spent with them, spending and clothing.

(ii) Kind treatment. The husband must have a good attitude towards his wife and be kind to her, and offer her everything that may soften her heart towards him, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and live with them honourably” [al-Nisaa’ 4:19]

“And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect) to what is reasonable” [al-Baqarah 2:228] "

https://islamqa.info/en/10680

The Quran tells us that polygamy is ONLY permissible if you can do justice between the wives in surat Nisa verse 3.

"And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one or those your right hand possesses. That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice]."

As for your comment about parents, we ARE commanded to treat our children fairly.

" Another important matter which is one of the rights of children to which attention must be paid, is treating children fairly. This right was referred to by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the saheeh hadeeth (authentic narration): “Fear Allaah and treat your children fairly.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2447; Muslim, 1623). It is not permissible to show preference to females over males, just as it is not permissible to show preference to males over females. If the father makes this mistake and shows preference to some of his children over others, and does not treat them fairly, this will lead to many evils, such as:

The harm that befalls the father himself, for the children whom he denies or deprives will grow up to hate him. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) referred to this in the hadeeth narrated by Muslim (1623) when he said to the father of al-Nu’maan, “Would you like them to honour you equally?” He said, “Yes.” In other words, if you want them all to honour you equally, then be fair in giving gifts to them.

Another evil consequence is the children hating one another, and stoking the flames of hatred and enmity between them. "

https://islamqa.info/en/20064
                    Fair and kind treatment doesnt fully equate emotional care,
                    anyhow good emotional care is essential althought not a requirement, u can be fair and kind to anyone even with 0 emotional attachment.

the Quran does not tell us polygamy is ONLY (lol) premissibe if you can do justice, rather if u read carefully, the Quran tells is we should marry more then one, and we should only ,marry one IF we cannot do justice, thus the main order is of polygamy and single wife is conditioned with the ability of not able to do justice.

Yes i agree, but my point was even more parents (not only fathers) r injust amongst their children, yet we dont see the same care for their (the parents) akhirah as we see people caring for men being half paralyzed if they dont do justice. Do u see where im coming from, so many conditions r ignored in Quran is so many different areas, but this is over inflated by women and men alike mostly to please women, ignoring the true message of Allah.

Now as many parents and we see daily do not do justice amongst their kids, y do men and women always advocating men marrying single wife due to inability to do justice, also with similar voice and effort advocate single child as in this case both parents maybe putting themselves at harm if they cannot do justice? but we see no on say that, making me come to my point that people dont mention this condition by the fear of Allah, they just mention coz they want a life style they personally like, no matter what the essence of the verse is.

Comment

Originally posted by m7md View Post
                      Fair and kind treatment doesnt fully equate emotional care,
                      anyhow good emotional care is essential althought not a requirement, u can be fair and kind to anyone even with 0 emotional attachment.

the Quran does not tell us polygamy is ONLY (lol) premissibe if you can do justice, rather if u read carefully, the Quran tells is we should marry more then one, and we should only ,marry one IF we cannot do justice, thus the main order is of polygamy and single wife is conditioned with the ability of not able to do justice.

Yes i agree, but my point was even more parents (not only fathers) r injust amongst their children, yet we dont see the same care for their (the parents) akhirah as we see people caring for men being half paralyzed if they dont do justice. Do u see where im coming from, so many conditions r ignored in Quran is so many different areas, but this is over inflated by women and men alike mostly to please women, ignoring the true message of Allah.

Now as many parents and we see daily do not do justice amongst their kids, y do men and women always advocating men marrying single wife due to inability to do justice, also with similar voice and effort advocate single child as in this case both parents maybe putting themselves at harm if they cannot do justice? but we see no on say that, making me come to my point that people dont mention this condition by the fear of Allah, they just mention coz they want a life style they personally like, no matter what the essence of the verse is.
                      I understand what you're saying, and I agree that polygyny is a good thing -- as I said in my original reply, if I were not already married I would be looking for a husband who has one or two other wives, so long as I was confident in his ability to do justice between us. Where I think we disagree is that you seem to think that the majority of men are capable of doing justice between two wives. I don't think that the majority of men today, even among the Muslims, are emotionally mature enough to handle multiple wives justly. Most men would show obvious favouratism between the wives, both with their interaction and with their provision. Maybe that's different where you are. I live in a very liberal part of the United States (the society is generally very liberal and unfortunately many of the Muslims take dangerously liberal views on religious matters) and the majority of the brothers that I have met since becoming a Muslim are extremely immature. I have encountered several brothers that I would discourage most sisters from marrying even if it was monogamous because of their level of immaturity. I don't think that the default setting is ready for polygyny, among men or among women -- there is a certain degree of maturity and wisdom that is needed to make it work. I think it's advisable for men who would like to have multiple wives should first speak to men with experience in that area so that he can be advised of the unique challenges of polygyny and make the decision based on wisdom rather than desire alone. In the same way I think that it's advisable for women seeking get married at all should speak to a married woman, preferably one in a plural marriage. Some sisters may find that they don't have the right personality for plural marriage, and would become extremely jealous and cause problems for themselves, their husband, and their husband's other wife or wives. For those sisters I think that they should let any brothers that they enter marriage talks with know where they stand on that issue from the outset to avoid such a situation arising. I don't wish to place blame on these sisters for being honest enough with themselves or their husbands to acknowledge their weakness -- that type of self-awareness is really important. I don't think most people take marriage seriously enough and rush in without a deep understanding of their obligations. It's a recipe for hardship and suffering.

That said I agree with you that polygyny is preferable to monogamy in the case that there are sisters around that need provision, which is the case in the majority of societies. As I said above, I simply do not think that most men can do justice.

Look at the logical progression of the ayah:

I can't easily put in a flowchart here, so please bear with me as I try to explain my thoughts in text;

Can you do justice with the orphans? If no, continue.

Marry 2, 3, or 4 in order that they will be provided for. Can you do justice between these 2, 3, or 4 wives? If no, continue.

It's better for you to only marry one so that you will be just.

The best-case scenario there is doing justice to the orphans WITHOUT marrying multiple women. The second most preferable option is polygyny, and the least preferable option is monogamy due to inability to be just. The good thing is that the inability to do justice is generally caused by a character flaw or a lack of piety in some area, and that can be corrected. I don't think anyone is truly good at marriage by default. It's something that everyone has to learn. The Prophet :saw: and the companions were at a very high level of piety and good character that very few of us today have attained. We have to be honest with ourselves with what our level actually is and what we're able to do. I hope you understand more clearly now my position :insha:

I don't think I understand what you're saying in the last bit, with the parents. It seems that you're saying that one sin (doing injustice between your children) justifies the other sin (doing injustice between co-wives). I hope that that's not what you're saying, and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

If I was an Iraqi woman especially a sunni I would rather remain alone then married to a polygamous shia rafidhi

Comment

Working...
                        X