• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "He's like my brother"---So No and sorry. Discuss

Assalam Alakikum

CORRECTION Correction, He is like my brother, so, No and sorry

As in real brother, mehrem brother

There are some bros and sisters who would reject a potential such that their reason is that. In case of a sister, she thinks that he is like my brother"
    While brothers saying "she is like my mehram sister kinda"

Don't you think these reasons are a bit offensive?
    Last edited by GoogleSlayer; 09-03-17, 05:07 PM.
    Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Re: "she's like my brother"---So No and sorry. Discuss

Sorry sir I do not understand the question...do you mean this person is too 'familiar' to me for them to ever be a love interest?
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
      Sorry sir I do not understand the question...do you mean this person is too 'familiar' to me for them to ever be a love interest?
      you know

there are brothers who think of particular girls as if they are their sisters. Just like their own mehrem sisters.
      So they do not want to marry them

Same goes for sisters, who reject proposals from some males because they consider them as just like their brothers.

Makes sense?
      Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
        you know

there are brothers who think of particular girls as if they are their sisters. Just like their own mehrem sisters.

Same goes for sisters, who reject proposals from some males because they consider them as just like their brothers.

Makes sense?
        What is wrong with that? There are many who have grown up with their cousins so they couldn't imagine being married to them...just because they say they are like a brother doesn't mean they uncover around them or treat them like a biological sibling...

Why is it so offensive to you?

Comment

What is wrong with that? There are many who have grown up with their cousins so they couldn't imagine being married to them...just because they say they are like a brother doesn't mean they uncover around them or treat them like a biological sibling...

Why is it so offensive to you?
          Cousins was an example. Those who are not cousins say this too, eg family friends.

Sister, I asked a question. I never said anything about uncovering etc.

I am only talking about the bros and sisters who reject proposals because they think that the potential is like a sister or a brother, respectively

Comment

Cousins was an example. Those who are not cousins say this too, eg family friends.

Sister, I asked a question. I never said anything about uncovering etc.

I am only talking about the bros and sisters who reject proposals because they think that the potential is like a sister or a brother, respectively
            I never said you said anything about uncovering....I merely gave you an example.......personally I find it odd that people get so close to family friends that they can actually say they feel like a sibling...

Once again, why do you find it offensive?

Comment

I never said you said anything about uncovering....I merely gave you an example.......personally I find it odd that people get so close to family friends that they can actually say they feel like a sibling...

Once again, why do you find it offensive?
              ukhti, i said it in the spur of the moment. I am not really saying that its offensive. I should have just said "discuss"

Comment

ukhti, i said it in the spur of the moment. I am not really saying that its offensive. I should have just said "discuss"
                What is your opinion on this subject matter?

Comment

you know

Makes sense?
                  I don't get it. Why would they think that those potentials are 'like their brother/sister' in the first place?

Comment

What is your opinion on this subject matter?
                    Sister, i never sent a proposal to anyone, nor did my brother sent a proposal to anyone. I think that its weird and odd in a negative way. Since, its not a good reason to reject a proposal
                    Eg character or haya is something. If someone says that she/he is not pretty then that is also something that makes sense. But why would someone say that i do not want to marry this person because she is like my sister.

that does not makes sense

Comment

Sister, i never sent a proposal to anyone, nor did my brother sent a proposal to anyone. I think that its weird and odd in a negative way. Since, its not a good reason to reject a proposal
                      Eg character or haya is something. If someone says that she/he is not pretty then that is also something that makes sense. But why would someone say that i do not want to marry this person because she is like my sister.

that does not makes sense
                      What has this got to do with you and your brother? :scratch:

Maybe the girl thinks he is too much of an innocent boy and says she sees him as a brother and not a manly husband....

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                        I don't get it. Why would they think that those potentials are 'like their brother/sister' in the first place?
                        i will explain it later

maybe someone else can explain it for now

Comment

What has this got to do with you and your brother? :scratch:

Maybe the girl thinks he is too much of an innocent boy and says she sees him as a brother and not a manly husband....
                          I mentioned myself so as to make it clear that its not me. Neither is this someone who is my brother etc. Its something that i hear as the reason of rejection

lol, i do not think that is the reason.

Comment

I mentioned myself so as to make it clear that its not me. Neither is this someone who is my brother etc. Its something that i hear as the reason of rejection

lol, i do not think that is the reason.
                            It is...it is a polite way of saying he is not my type...

Comment

It is...it is a polite way of saying he is not my type...
                              Oh that's interesting.. so I guess it's a more haya way of saying 'I can't see u as my husband' or 'I'm not attracted to you' ? Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X