Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a Nikah certificate/record (document) common?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is a Nikah certificate/record (document) common?

    AlSalamuAlaikum

    When you do a Nikah (get married), do you get a certificate/contract? Is there anything you sign on? Or is it usually done without any documented record?

    I am not talking about a civil marriage or registering your marriage with the government. I am talking about the actual Nikah where you have two witnesses, the groom and the wali...is it all done by mouth - therefore nothing that no one signs on?

  • #2
    Re: Is a Nikah certificate/record (document) common?

    Originally posted by live4the1 View Post
    AlSalamuAlaikum

    When you do a Nikah (get married), do you get a certificate/contract? Is there anything you sign on? Or is it usually done without any documented record?

    I am not talking about a civil marriage or registering your marriage with the government. I am talking about the actual Nikah where you have two witnesses, the groom and the wali...is it all done by mouth - therefore nothing that no one signs on?
    It depends on what u want, don't expect the witnesses to hand u the legal documents..

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Is a Nikah certificate/record (document) common?

      Originally posted by m7md View Post
      It depends on what u want, don't expect the witnesses to hand u the legal documents..
      Where and when did i imply that i expected the witnesses to hand me the legal documents?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Is a Nikah certificate/record (document) common?

        Originally posted by live4the1 View Post
        Where and when did i imply that i expected the witnesses to hand me the legal documents?
        Just get married all will be fine , don't worry too much..
        When anyone or department will need something they will tell u. U can prepair it then and it should be fine

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Is a Nikah certificate/record (document) common?

          Wa Alaikum Salaam,



          Depends where you are sis. I think the UK sharicah council has some standard marriage contract template.

          I don't live there so not sure if it's widely used. It is useful particularly if you want to add a certain condition to your contract and for clarity with regards to any other agreements you may have such as your mahr.


          Marriage is a contract, so it's better that it is in writing but it is just as valid even if it is not.

          Comment

          Working...
          X