Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters: Does Marriage = End of Freedom to You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .mirror.
    replied
    Re: Sisters: Does Marriage = End of Freedom to You?

:wswrwb:

Sisters who think like that are, quite frankly, not mature enough for marriage/responsibilities.

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    replied
    Re: Sisters: Does Marriage = End of Freedom to You?

(Could apply to brothers, too, I guess. Maybe not to the same extent, but still... Re: your quick question, Br [MENTION=101256]Morose[/MENTION], this a comment in brackets... I think it's the comments that are passing thoughts/most skippable that get the brackets treatment. :] )

Leave a comment:

• Sisters: Does Marriage = End of Freedom to You?

:salams:

I saw this in the Uni thread, and I think this partly true.

The goal in mind for many sisters for going to Uni is simple...it buys them time 3/4 years of not having to get married and being "free". It's been admitted by several sisters on this forum.
    Ignore the uni part, I disagree with that, and it's not relevant to this thread. But isn't is true that a lot sisters see marriage as being tied down and not having freedom?

I wonder why this is a common thought? I used to feel this way too when I was younger, based on the experience of people around me.

I used to think that after marriage, my life will be all duties and responsibilities. I would have no control/choice in what I want to do. I would always be "second"; my husband/children's needs would always come first. (These are what I was taught, and perhaps this is true.)

What does "freedom" mean to you? Why would marriage prevent you from having it?
Working...
X