Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters: Does Marriage = End of Freedom to You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah5
    replied
    Re: Sisters: Does Marriage = End of Freedom to You?

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    There seems to be misconceptions about single women not having any responsibilities.

If anything, they have more at times due to looking after elderly parents as well as siblings, financial responsibilities, and on top of all that, other homework such as general studies, house work and self progression.
    I was gonna make the same point, but then I realized this really only applies (the leisure time) to other sisters. From my personal experience, such sisters tend to be the youngest (and naturally the most spoiled - this applies to brothers too) and the eldest sibling is the next one to handle responsibilities after their parents so the youngest never really feel the pressure. Of course, that's not to say they don't have regular responsibilities like homework and chores and such but of course, such responsibilities don't match up to marriage so when they do get married, they get a bit of a shock (Especially if she's used to being spoiled by her father).

Obviously this goes for both genders.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
    I feel like a burden...
    only because parents worry and they don't want to leave behind a single daughter, they want to fulfil their duties and see them married off

every parent wants to succeed in this and they feel stressed too, so in return it can make us feel like a burden because we feel guilty that this whole process is difficult enough as it is and on top of that our parents are panicking

no one likes to see their parents unhappy unless they're an evil child

Leave a comment:

• RaNdOm
    replied

I feel like a burden...
    Why? U are a blessing

Leave a comment:

• shay5
    replied

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    There seems to be misconceptions about single women not having any responsibilities.

If anything, they have more at times due to looking after elderly parents as well as siblings, financial responsibilities, and on top of all that, other homework such as general studies, house work and self progression.
    I feel like a burden...

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sarah5
    replied

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
    I see it as work...your won't have all the hours you currently have to do as you please. Instead you'll have housework to manage and taking care of your husband.
    Oooh jazaka Allah. I guess it has to do with much less leisure time

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
    Freedom from what? Genuinely curious (maybe I just don't get out much). I can't really think of anything that would hinder me whilst I'm married. Maybe finishing education (where I'd have to be a bit selfish with time) but that's a relatively short amount of time.

lol it sounds like the husband will put us in a cage or something. No but seriously, freedom for what?
    I see it as work...your won't have all the hours you currently have to do as you please. Instead you'll have housework to manage and taking care of your husband.

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

I'm a brat .......
    That would a great ice breaker when meeting a potential

Leave a comment:

• Sarah5
    replied

Freedom from what? Genuinely curious (maybe I just don't get out much). I can't really think of anything that would hinder me whilst I'm married. Maybe finishing education (where I'd have to be a bit selfish with time) but that's a relatively short amount of time.

lol it sounds like the husband will put us in a cage or something. No but seriously, freedom for what?

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

If anything marriage would bring more freedom if only sisters looked at it properly
    also after moving out of your parents home, you know have your own space, your own life, your own family to build, you're more independent in a way. It's great for those whose families may not be that practising. You don't choose your family but you can choose your spouse. Marriage is an opportunity to better your deen in so many ways. Those who leave it off because of 'lack of freedom' are being immature. I mean what exactly are they doing now when they are single? partying? wasting time? don't they have responsibilities anyway?

Leave a comment:

• shay5
    replied

Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post
    Yep no more staying out late at the "library".. No more asking mummy what's for dinner..no more endless yakking on the phone..no more spending hours in front of the mirror...a life of drudgery awaits you all bwahahahah
    I'm a brat .......

Leave a comment:

• Eorlingas
    replied

Let's not get too carried away
    Oops sorry getting ahead of myself again big guy lol

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

Great minds eh?
    Let's not get too carried away

Leave a comment:

• Eorlingas
    replied

These are my lines!!!
    Great minds eh?

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

Yep no more staying out late at the "library".. No more asking mummy what's for dinner..no more endless yakking on the phone..no more spending hours in front of the mirror...a life of drudgery awaits you all bwahahahah
    These are my lines!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X