Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters: Does Marriage = End of Freedom to You?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sisters: Does Marriage = End of Freedom to You?

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    I understand sis, everyone wants the perfect partner. You certainly deserve one x
    the truth is I just want freedom

:1popcorn:

sorry, I had to be honest here and no, you're being too kind

I don't really desire a husband and that's probs why i'm not getting anywhere because my intentions aren't quite there but it is important for us to find a good spouse and marry
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I was once asked in my opinion who had ideal marriage (closes to my ideal marriage) among the people I knew. I couldn't answer it. It definitely wasn't my parents and the handful of friends. No one seem to have the type of marriage I wanted & that's when I realize maybe my view of marriage has been tainted and all I see is negativity. I had to think hard and long until I found a couple in our circle (my friends older sister) whose marriage from what I saw seemed closest to what I would like. After that the door just opened & saw many other couples that had the relaxed marriage that I was looking for in mine. And all those marriage of controlling spouse and constant argument faded away.

So those who are afraid of freedom vs. marriage, look around you & see what type of marriage catches your eyes. We only notice that which is in our mind. If you mostly seen bad marriages chances are your mind is focused on that part. Think hard until you find 1 or 2 marriage that you respect

Comment

Yep no more staying out late at the "library".. No more asking mummy what's for dinner..no more endless yakking on the phone..no more spending hours in front of the mirror...a life of drudgery awaits you all bwahahahah
        Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

Comment

Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post
          Yep no more staying out late at the "library".. No more asking mummy what's for dinner..no more endless yakking on the phone..no more spending hours in front of the mirror...a life of drudgery awaits you all bwahahahah
          These are my lines!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
            These are my lines!!!
            Great minds eh?
            Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

Comment

Great minds eh?
              Let's not get too carried away

Comment

Let's not get too carried away
                Oops sorry getting ahead of myself again big guy lol

Comment

I'm a brat .......
                  Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

If anything marriage would bring more freedom if only sisters looked at it properly
                    also after moving out of your parents home, you know have your own space, your own life, your own family to build, you're more independent in a way. It's great for those whose families may not be that practising. You don't choose your family but you can choose your spouse. Marriage is an opportunity to better your deen in so many ways. Those who leave it off because of 'lack of freedom' are being immature. I mean what exactly are they doing now when they are single? partying? wasting time? don't they have responsibilities anyway?
                    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Freedom from what? Genuinely curious (maybe I just don't get out much). I can't really think of anything that would hinder me whilst I'm married. Maybe finishing education (where I'd have to be a bit selfish with time) but that's a relatively short amount of time.

lol it sounds like the husband will put us in a cage or something. No but seriously, freedom for what?

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
                        I'm a brat .......
                        That would a great ice breaker when meeting a potential

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
                          Freedom from what? Genuinely curious (maybe I just don't get out much). I can't really think of anything that would hinder me whilst I'm married. Maybe finishing education (where I'd have to be a bit selfish with time) but that's a relatively short amount of time.

lol it sounds like the husband will put us in a cage or something. No but seriously, freedom for what?
                          I see it as work...your won't have all the hours you currently have to do as you please. Instead you'll have housework to manage and taking care of your husband.

Comment

I see it as work...your won't have all the hours you currently have to do as you please. Instead you'll have housework to manage and taking care of your husband.
                            Oooh jazaka Allah. I guess it has to do with much less leisure time

Comment

There seems to be misconceptions about single women not having any responsibilities.

If anything, they have more at times due to looking after elderly parents as well as siblings, financial responsibilities, and on top of all that, other homework such as general studies, house work and self progression.
                              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                                There seems to be misconceptions about single women not having any responsibilities.

If anything, they have more at times due to looking after elderly parents as well as siblings, financial responsibilities, and on top of all that, other homework such as general studies, house work and self progression.
                                I feel like a burden...
                                Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Working...
                                X