Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marrying someone solely for their looks is a bad idea.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Marrying someone solely for their looks is a bad idea.

Originally posted by quark View Post
    What's so difficult to understand? You're saying looks are the foundation upon which compassion is built.
    I AM not saying that... gosh! In what language would you like for me to explain to you so that you may understand?

Personally, I am not one for looks, never was...
    The truth is that marriage is a very personal decision. Some prefer partners who are very good looking, while others don’t... what constitutes beauty is a very subjective thing as well, But if you ask me for my opinion, I think that looks should be a secondary criterion. Perhaps looks might facilitate a connection at the beginning on a very small level, it is more than that which is required to keep that relationship going. Good looks fade...
    My (future) husband's good looks wont aid our crying baby at 3am, he's kindness and compassion will.
    “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
      might facilitate a connection at the beginning on a very small level, it is more than that which is required to keep that relationship going. Good looks fade...
      My (future) husband's good looks wont aid our crying baby at 3am, he's kindness and compassion will.
      So you'd marry an ugly dude?

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
        While there is an opinion that allows child marriages, the correct opinion that was chosen by many reputable scholars including Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen is that a child before puberty is not allowed to get married and once she reaches puberty, her consent must be sought.
        According to each sect their opinion is correct , I find these copy paste lines so funny now really, majority of scholars , the correct opinion lol
        Prophet saw did nikkah and she ra was 9 and then moved with the prophet at 11.
        This is clearly documented without any dispute, what opinion r u talking about when the matter is so clear
        It's surprising how people ignore the sunnah and clear actions of the prophet for this and that shaykh these days ,
        Y don't u mention the clear hadiths on this matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Vitriolic_Sage View Post
          So you'd marry an ugly dude?
          What's exactly is ugly? I've never met an ugly person, everyone is beautiful in their own, unique way - remember Allah makes no mistake.

No one is defined by their looks - why not see people for who they are instead?
          outer looks are just skin deep, a person is a whole package with his skin and his heart and the mind.
          Embrace what you are born with - because it's beautiful.
          “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

marrying solely for looks a bad idea?

simple
            you marry for looks AND cooking ability

im kidding dont kill me just surprised this thread is still going
            "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
              marrying solely for looks a bad idea?

simple
              you marry for looks AND cooking ability

im kidding dont kill me just surprised this thread is still going
              lol, you right actually, looks fade, hunger doesnt!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                The wali who continually rejects suitable proposers is seen as an evil doer and faasiq.

Imam Ahmad said he is not fit to lead prayer

Its a serious issue which many have forgotten today and focus on the wrong things when looking at proposals
                جزاك الله خيرا Akhi
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

I would have thought Ummah Forums members would be much more mature and not so shallow minded, but I guess I overestimated...

This immature thread should have been closed long ago,
                  http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

• Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                    I would have thought Ummah Forums members would be much more mature and not so shallow minded, but I guess I overestimated...

This immature thread should have been closed long ago,
                    Akhi calm down. No one here is shallow minded.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                      Akhi calm down. No one here is shallow minded.
                      The brother is passionate about young people getting married solely on the basis of deen while you advocate for deen plus beauty(which is like your stronghold).

Waah human are complex. May Allah grant every Muslim what's good for them.
                      '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
                        What's exactly is ugly? I've never met an ugly person, everyone is beautiful in their own, unique way - remember Allah makes no mistake.

No one is defined by their looks - why not see people for who they are instead?
                        outer looks are just skin deep, a person is a whole package with his skin and his heart and the mind.
                        Embrace what you are born with - because it's beautiful.
                        I never understood how people can say they find beauty in all people. I guess inner beauty yes, but is that really enough? I mean for marriage an intimate acts. Its very confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by m7md View Post
                          According to each sect their opinion is correct , I find these copy paste lines so funny now really, majority of scholars , the correct opinion lol
                          Prophet saw did nikkah and she ra was 9 and then moved with the prophet at 11.
                          This is clearly documented without any dispute, what opinion r u talking about when the matter is so clear
                          It's surprising how people ignore the sunnah and clear actions of the prophet for this and that shaykh these days ,
                          Y don't u mention the clear hadiths on this matter?
                          I've mentioned that it's the correct opinion according to some reputable contemporary scholars. And yes I did mention the hadeeth and the reasoning the scholars have used to come to that opinion. Tamaam.

Comment

I've mentioned that it's the correct opinion according to some reputable contemporary scholars. And yes I did mention the hadeeth and the reasoning the scholars have used to come to that opinion. Tamaam.
                            Common ur no prophet to validate what is correct, u didn't get me,
                            According to all their opinion is correct, how can u be the judge
                            Now u say some before it was the majority :s

What about the actual action of the prophet saw. Now was that wrong if what ur saying is correct?
                            Y r u giving preference to opinions when saheeh hadith exists

Comment

Originally posted by m7md View Post
                              Common ur no prophet to validate what is correct, u didn't get me,
                              According to all their opinion is correct, how can u be the judge
                              Now u say some before it was the majority :s
                              You didn't understand my post as usual.

Just forget it bro.

Comment

You didn't understand my post as usual.

Just forget it bro.
                                No u didn't understand me, there r scholars who say it's fine, and they r correct in this,

Comment

Working...
                                X