X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrimonial websites

Ąs Salam o Alaykum warehmatullahi wabarakatuhu
    I hope everyone is doing well.
    I thought to share something very scary.
    Online matrimonial drama/fraud
    I hope y'all remember my post what are things going towards where I wrote about demands on matrimonial websites.
    Well now a different experienced and I am actually shocked.
    I was contacted on HOD by a person who was also in usa. He wrote me msg to view profile but I wasn't pretty much satisfied by his divorce status but his profile looked very decent n portrayed him kind of very devoted educated Muslim.
    Had conversation with him, my brother talked to him and he was satisfied by the reason he gave about first marriage dissolution(green card fraud etc) . So my father talked to his father but my father wasn't much satisfied from divorce status.
    Somehow we started looking his information from Google.
    I searched n firstly got record of his divorce but was confused about dates on internet n the ones he told us. MORE SEARCH.
    N the results were shocking as I found Two divorce record from government court record.
    ALL records were authentic court records.
    I feel there is need of some forum to discuss about fraud profiles.

Re: Matrimonial websites

Bravo to you for doing your research...may Allah bless your brother and father for looking out for you....
    :jkk: for keeping us aware....don't know why people lie...the truth eventually comes out........
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by Losttraveler View Post
      I hope y'all remember my post what are things going towards where I wrote about demands on matrimonial websites.
      I was contacted on HOD by a person who was also in usa. He wrote me msg to view profile but I wasn't pretty much satisfied by his divorce status but his profile looked very decent n portrayed him kind of very devoted educated Muslim.
      Had conversation with him, my brother talked to him and he was satisfied by the reason he gave about first marriage dissolution(green card fraud etc) . So my father talked to his father but my father wasn't much satisfied from divorce status.
      I searched n firstly got record of his divorce but was confused about dates on internet n the ones he told us. MORE SEARCH.
      N the results were shocking as I found Two divorce record from government court record.
      good job doing ur research but dont blame online websites. this guy couldve betrayed someone he met in person too through family or friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Losttraveler View Post
        Walaikum Salam. Well the person may use different name or profile. Or he may lie in real life. Then you will have more people registering. How to keep a data base ?

Its not realistic to keep a data base.

What can be done is that people who resort to online way should be given advise. Like for example, sisters to involve their guardians. And search about the person independently. One good way is to find his/her friends from facebook. And somehow contact them or someone who can refer him/her. Or search divorce record or search history etc.

After that, every man/woman should take care of his/her precaution. And by the way, online way should only be used as a last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by savo234 View Post
          Walaikum Salam. Well the person may use different name or profile. Or he may lie in real life. Then you will have more people registering. How to keep a data base ?

Its not realistic to keep a data base.

What can be done is that people who resort to online way should be given advise. Like for example, sisters to involve their guardians. And search about the person independently. One good way is to find his/her friends from facebook. And somehow contact them or someone who can refer him/her. Or search divorce record or search history etc.

After that, every man/woman should take care of his/her precaution. And by the way, online way should only be used as a last resort.
          You are right that online should be the last option. I actually tried to search on Facebook and found his sister to be friend of one mutual friend. I asked from from.her but got record but git court records.

Comment

Working...
          X