X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zi-zizou
    replied
    Re: Why do you delay marriage ppl...

Hmm maybe if you quote yourself the @ will work...Oops.

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
    Damn....

(someone [MENTION=99637]Gingerbeardman[/MENTION] for me) I keep forgetting.
    [MENTION=99637]Gingerbeardman[/MENTION]

Leave a comment:

• RaNdOm
    replied

Originally posted by Dinobot View Post
    huh? I don't get what u mean
    Why doesn't a revert/interracial marriage work? You're saying experience

But was the causative factor in your experience

culture clash? Lack of understanding? If you are both people that don't give up easily it can work right.

Leave a comment:

• Dinobot
    replied

Why?

from experience

the answer doesn't match the question though
    huh? I don't get what u mean

Leave a comment:

• RaNdOm
    replied

From experience.
    Why?

from experience

the answer doesn't match the question though

Leave a comment:

• Dinobot
    replied

Why...

@gingerbeardman

is this true?
    From experience.

Leave a comment:

• RaNdOm
    replied

Damn....

(someone @gingerbeardman for me) I keep forgetting.

Leave a comment:

• RaNdOm
    replied

It leads to disaster more often than not. Even if the couple are born muslims. And it gets worse if divorce happens coz there is no mechanism to fall back on for support. And the less said about reverts the better.
    Why...

@gingerbeardman

is this true?

Leave a comment:

• Dinobot
    replied

Originally posted by Thunder94 View Post
    Sorry I'm just a little confused. If it's not allowed to talk to her in private, isn't it not allowed regardless of whether or not you got the permission of the wali? Not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely trying to understand what's allowed/ not allowed Islamically.
    Like I said its not allowed. However considering the stage we are at in marriage and the wali knows me well and marriage is due to happen in the summer, the rules were relaxed by the wali. And its mostly to talk formal stuff or urgent things

Leave a comment:

• Dinobot
    replied

Really? Why?
    It leads to disaster more often than not. Even if the couple are born muslims. And it gets worse if divorce happens coz there is no mechanism to fall back on for support. And the less said about reverts the better.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder94
    replied

It is not allowed which is why you ask the permission of the wali. Well I thought she was a bit too extreme because of her ideals and mannerisms at times and objectives for me. Like at point she wanted to remake me into something else
    Sorry I'm just a little confused. If it's not allowed to talk to her in private, isn't it not allowed regardless of whether or not you got the permission of the wali? Not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely trying to understand what's allowed/ not allowed Islamically.

Leave a comment:

• RaNdOm
    replied

Avoid interracial marriages in this day and age especially in the west. I am talking from experiences here.
    Really? Why?

Leave a comment:

• Dinobot
    replied

i test the subject

but no I don't... what about them
    Avoid interracial marriages in this day and age especially in the west. I am talking from experiences here.

Leave a comment:

• RaNdOm
    replied

It is not allowed which is why you ask the permission of the wali. Well I thought she was a bit too extreme because of her ideals and mannerisms at times and objectives for me. Like at point she wanted to remake me into something else

Somali.
    Don't give out qualities. Just don't give out your personality likes to early in the game. You can give your expectations and what you expect the man to do from a financial and bringing up a family sort of thing. Important coz they are deadbeats and timewasters and playas around. Serious men who are looking for marriage are what you should be focused on. WHo can provide and financially stable and reputable as well. But that's your walis job to confirm

As for reverts I thought you knew somali....
    i test the subject

but no I don't... what about them

Leave a comment:

• Dinobot
    replied

Originally posted by Thunder94 View Post
    Is that allowed though? I thought 100% of contact with her needs to be with the wali there?

And by thinking she was an extremist, what exactly does she do that gave you that initial impression? Pray tahajjud every night for example - although I'm not sure if that even is considered extreme.

Ok inshaAllah - is it in English?

Hmm. Ok usually I just say all my bad qualities to see how they will react. Is this good or bad?

What does that mean?
    Somali.
    Don't give out qualities. Just don't give out your personality likes to early in the game. You can give your expectations and what you expect the man to do from a financial and bringing up a family sort of thing. Important coz they are deadbeats and timewasters and playas around. Serious men who are looking for marriage are what you should be focused on. WHo can provide and financially stable and reputable as well. But that's your walis job to confirm

As for reverts I thought you knew somali....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X