• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Re: Why do you delay marriage ppl...

Originally posted by HelloEverybody View Post
    hmm... to most people here, who are blonde white and saw first black people in 1970s, growing up here I was considered as black and I considered myself black too and no different to other blacks. Later in years, maybe in highschool or so, learned that there is thing called "african-black" and "asian-black".

I would imagine most bengali boys have seen only few white people, so they would want something rare. A lot bengali boys who come here as student get crazy about white women ... it is their loss.
    it's alright, I just find it surprising because as you know in south Asian culture being fairer is seen as being more beautiful so that's why I commented

but it doesn't matter because people can marry whoever and whatever lol

Leave a comment:

• HelloEverybody
    replied

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    wow, that's cool at least you didn't care about skin colour

that's good to know, usually the Bengali boys prefer white sisters or the trend at the moment is oriental sisters lol
    hmm... to most people here, who are blonde white and saw first black people in 1970s, growing up here I was considered as black and I considered myself black too and no different to other blacks. Later in years, maybe in highschool or so, learned that there is thing called "african-black" and "asian-black".

I would imagine most bengali boys have seen only few white people, so they would want something rare. A lot bengali boys who come here as student get crazy about white women ... it is their loss.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

hmm... I wanted marry somali women, no one particular just muslim some women ... only muslim women available here.
    wow, that's cool at least you didn't care about skin colour

that's good to know, usually the Bengali boys prefer white sisters or the trend at the moment is oriental sisters lol

Leave a comment:

• HelloEverybody
    replied

Originally posted by Dinobot View Post
    Yeah me too. It was my youth speaking. My first love was a Pakistani. She was from Peshawir. A Pashtu no less. let me make it clear back nothing untoward happened her. Just two young kids in a crush. Naturally i thought it made no difference what the ethnicity was. But when you get older you start to realise a few things
    hmm... I wanted marry somali women, no one particular just muslim some women ... only muslim women available here.

Leave a comment:

• Dinobot
    replied

hmm... few years back I had all sort of races in my mind for marriage... now I'm planning to stick on own.. stability
    Yeah me too. It was my youth speaking. My first love was a Pakistani. She was from Peshawir. A Pashtu no less. let me make it clear back nothing untoward happened her. Just two young kids in a crush. Naturally i thought it made no difference what the ethnicity was. But when you get older you start to realise a few things
    Last edited by Dinobot; 09-03-17, 08:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

random is Pakistani? lol i didn't know that.

It is not a question of just getting along, it's a question of creating and favouring the odds in your favour. Especially if you run into marriage trouble. You need a lot of stability and foundation to fall back on. I see race as being part of it. Especially when it comes to in laws resolving marriage issues. But this is just my opinion. 5 Years ago i didn't really care much about ethnicity as well. At one point i was interested in a Pakistani sister. But after running it through i realised it was not going to work. That's when i wised up to my current opinion
    yep, she's a Pakistani

I feel the same because of compatibility issues

I know it sounds stupid but I'm not keen on speaking English 24/7 and balancing two cultures, there's a lot to take in, we have relatives that have married people of other ethnicities and it works for them because they're just not that close to the bengali culture

I think they'd feel left out with all these traditions and it's just a lot of effort

it makes it easier for my wali to find a Bengali and seek references, there's more connections and you can check their lineage etc, everything is more familiar, for anyone non Bengali, where do you even start because it's all very limited, we don't even know anyone

also, expectations might be different, I know we're all muslims but there are things some of us are more used to than others who might find it odd

Leave a comment:

• HelloEverybody
    replied

It is not a question of just getting along, it's a question of creating and favouring the odds in your favour. Especially if you run into marriage trouble. You need a lot of stability and foundation to fall back on. I see race as being part of it. Especially when it comes to in laws resolving marriage issues. But this is just my opinion. 5 Years ago i didn't really care much about ethnicity as well. At one point i was interested in a Pakistani sister. But after running it through i realised it was not going to work. That's when i wised up to my current opinion
    hmm... few years back I had all sort of races in my mind for marriage... now I'm planning to stick on own.. stability

Leave a comment:

• Dinobot
    replied

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    the thing is though, if she is quite British minded and not culturally inclined, then she can get along with any ethnicity for marriage because she doesn't see being Pakistani as something personal, or speak much of Urdu and has a British lifestyle and can survive without rotis and salan

don't know if you would agree or not [MENTION=7414]RaNdOm[/MENTION]

if that makes sense

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

I don't humiliate anyone. The clown zizou who has a bug bear with anything somali saw it fit to get passive aggressive yet again whenever he sees a post that he doesn't like. I replied in kind exposing him.
    I called you naļve because you can't force people to keep going and not give up if there is no commonality within the spouses.

This is why there is such a thing as a divorce in islam. The moral of the story sister is to avoid divorce marry someone whom you have a lot in common and race and religion is one of them
    the thing is though, if she is quite British minded and not culturally inclined, then she can get along with any ethnicity for marriage because she doesn't see being Pakistani as something personal, or speak much of Urdu and has a British lifestyle and can survive without rotis and salan

don't know if you would agree or not [MENTION=7414]RaNdOm[/MENTION]

if that makes sense

Leave a comment:

• Dinobot
    replied

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
    Why naive?

Dinobot I was taking all your posts as gold because you make a lot of sense. But when you humiliate and defame other people your words lose value.
    I don't humiliate anyone. The clown zizou who has a bug bear with anything somali saw it fit to get passive aggressive yet again whenever he sees a post that he doesn't like. I replied in kind exposing him.
    I called you naļve because you can't force people to keep going and not give up if there is no commonality within the spouses.

This is why there is such a thing as a divorce in islam. The moral of the story sister is to avoid divorce marry someone whom you have a lot in common and race and religion is one of them

Leave a comment:

• iRepIslam
    replied
    Why do you delay marriage ppl...

Bengalis united

Leave a comment:

• RaNdOm
    replied

Naive
    Why naive?

Dinobot I was taking all your posts as gold because you make a lot of sense. But when you humiliate and defame other people your words lose value.

Leave a comment:

• Dinobot
    replied

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Care to name the sisters? Your the one making the accusation.

You started a thread mentioning her arguing with you on various matters...I can dig out the thread if you really want to look like a tool.
    Stop clowning yourself. The difference between me and you is that I don't engage in chit chat with the opposite sex on here. It's strictly professional. And that includes when I ask for advice on marriage from folks on here. You on the other hand....yeah no shortage of that. You are married too. And that makes it even worse

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
    You can force them not to give up -_-
    Naive

Originally posted by Faith reloaded View Post
    True dat

Without revealing too much, i am a revert myself.

I believe one of the main reasons why a lot of reverts are more passionate about their faith is because they've actually bothered to learn about it, they've enquired, pondered, and questioned. They know what it's like to live a life with and without Islam. They believe with conviction

Loads of Muslims who have been born into the religion really dont do hat stuff, ubfortunately. So they're lax about their salah etc.
    Yeah we see how too much passion ends up with some reverts. Making takfeer on ulema on people based on some shady quotes of people. Some who have led a life of sleeping around and now find it difficult with Islamic restrictions suddenly use the concept of polygamy to get around it. So this is not a question about passion here. It's a question of can reverts leave their jahiliyah behind. Some do and some don't. And in this day and age when there are more women then men and men have plenty to choose from, it becomes imperative for women to make the right choice. It becomes a question of statistics. And statistics do not lie. Numbers do not lie. The more you have in common with your spouse the more likelihood the marriage remains firm.

Love is not a stable foundation by itself.

By the way big up the Bengalis on here. All the Bengalis I have come into contact with have became close friends. Still keep in touch with them no matter what
    Last edited by Dinobot; 08-03-17, 11:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• iRepIslam
    replied
    [MENTION=100194]Ya'sin[/MENTION]

Tryna figure out how Bengali I am..

Aside from my Bengali sounding very English I think I'm alright with our culture... snm

Big up fish

Leave a comment:

• HelloEverybody
    replied

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    I thought you were Bengali born Muslim.
    I thought too!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X