Why do you delay marriage ppl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Why do you delay marriage ppl...

I think for some it is because of lack of time.School, work, training and seeking ilm takes a lot of one's time
    No one who has learned Qurān and then forgotten it except due to a sin he has committed

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder94 View Post
      Is that allowed though? I thought 100% of contact with her needs to be with the wali there?

And by thinking she was an extremist, what exactly does she do that gave you that initial impression? Pray tahajjud every night for example - although I'm not sure if that even is considered extreme.
      It is not allowed which is why you ask the permission of the wali. Well I thought she was a bit too extreme because of her ideals and mannerisms at times and objectives for me. Like at point she wanted to remake me into something else

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
      Ok inshaAllah - is it in English?

Hmm. Ok usually I just say all my bad qualities to see how they will react. Is this good or bad?

What does that mean?
      Somali.
      Don't give out qualities. Just don't give out your personality likes to early in the game. You can give your expectations and what you expect the man to do from a financial and bringing up a family sort of thing. Important coz they are deadbeats and timewasters and playas around. Serious men who are looking for marriage are what you should be focused on. WHo can provide and financially stable and reputable as well. But that's your walis job to confirm

As for reverts I thought you knew somali....

Comment

Originally posted by Dinobot View Post
        It is not allowed which is why you ask the permission of the wali. Well I thought she was a bit too extreme because of her ideals and mannerisms at times and objectives for me. Like at point she wanted to remake me into something else

Somali.
        Don't give out qualities. Just don't give out your personality likes to early in the game. You can give your expectations and what you expect the man to do from a financial and bringing up a family sort of thing. Important coz they are deadbeats and timewasters and playas around. Serious men who are looking for marriage are what you should be focused on. WHo can provide and financially stable and reputable as well. But that's your walis job to confirm

As for reverts I thought you knew somali....
        i test the subject

but no I don't... what about them
        ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
        "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
        :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

i test the subject

but no I don't... what about them
          Avoid interracial marriages in this day and age especially in the west. I am talking from experiences here.

Comment

Avoid interracial marriages in this day and age especially in the west. I am talking from experiences here.
            Really? Why?
            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

Sorry I'm just a little confused. If it's not allowed to talk to her in private, isn't it not allowed regardless of whether or not you got the permission of the wali? Not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely trying to understand what's allowed/ not allowed Islamically.
              ***Reminder- It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that RasulAllah :saw: said: Whoever reads Tabaarak allaathi bi yadihi’l-mulk [i.e., Soorat al-Mulk] every night, Allaah will protect him from the torment of the grave.
              And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them for a Day when eyes will stare [in horror]. [Quran, 14:42]

Comment

Really? Why?
                It leads to disaster more often than not. Even if the couple are born muslims. And it gets worse if divorce happens coz there is no mechanism to fall back on for support. And the less said about reverts the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder94 View Post
                  Sorry I'm just a little confused. If it's not allowed to talk to her in private, isn't it not allowed regardless of whether or not you got the permission of the wali? Not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely trying to understand what's allowed/ not allowed Islamically.
                  Like I said its not allowed. However considering the stage we are at in marriage and the wali knows me well and marriage is due to happen in the summer, the rules were relaxed by the wali. And its mostly to talk formal stuff or urgent things

Comment

It leads to disaster more often than not. Even if the couple are born muslims. And it gets worse if divorce happens coz there is no mechanism to fall back on for support. And the less said about reverts the better.
                    Why...

@gingerbeardman

is this true?

Comment

Damn....

(someone @gingerbeardman for me) I keep forgetting.

Comment

Why...

@gingerbeardman

is this true?
                        From experience.

Comment

From experience.
                          Why?

from experience

the answer doesn't match the question though

Comment

Why?

from experience

the answer doesn't match the question though
                            huh? I don't get what u mean

Comment

huh? I don't get what u mean
                              Why doesn't a revert/interracial marriage work? You're saying experience

But was the causative factor in your experience

culture clash? Lack of understanding? If you are both people that don't give up easily it can work right.

Comment

Damn....

(someone [MENTION=99637]Gingerbeardman[/MENTION] for me) I keep forgetting.
                                [MENTION=99637]Gingerbeardman[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                                X