• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitriolic_Sage
    replied
    Re: Why do you delay marriage ppl...

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    You just described yourself as a Coward,

How you can say this and look yourself in the mirror as a man is rather disturbing,

As for your dubious comment about marriage dragging you to more sins, that nothing but nonsense.

Allah عز و جل described marriage like a Shield against Fahisha, and stated it protects us against shamelessness,

And here you are telling porkies about marriage dragging you down and making you sin more, as an argument to try and justify your cowardliness,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
    How is marrying an unattractive woman going to protect against fahisha? If anything it only makes you commit zulm. Right not there is no risk of zulm.

And why is it that being single is a sign of cowardliness? The way i see it i am stronger than any married man because I dont need some woman to get by. I handle everything on my own like a real man. A married man crumple like a used tampon in day of my life.
    Last edited by Vitriolic_Sage; 03-03-17, 04:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Originally posted by Vitriolic_Sage View Post
    Marriage causes a lot of problems too.
    You need to stop telling porkies,

Marriage doesn't cause problems, it is a solution,

What causes problems is marrying the wrong person, marrying immoral people etc

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Meh, whatever. Not being married does free you up to avoid taking responsibility. If I got married I am sure the sins Id incurr would drag me to hell in a handbasket.
    You just described yourself as a Coward,

How you can say this and look yourself in the mirror as a man is rather disturbing,

As for your dubious comment about marriage dragging you to more sins, that nothing but nonsense.

Allah عز و جل described marriage like a Shield against Fahisha, and stated it protects us against shamelessness,

And here you are telling porkies about marriage dragging you down and making you sin more, as an argument to try and justify your cowardliness,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 03-03-17, 03:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vitriolic_Sage
    replied

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Hadith didn't tell us to "take it easy" when it comes to marriage.

This sort of mentality creates more problems in the Ummah
    Marriage causes a lot of problems too.

Leave a comment:

• ninety1daisies
    replied

Originally posted by Sis_Asiya View Post
    In answer to your question on thread answer is something everyone knows ie Allah decrees it.

End of.

So no need for endless pontification
    Yeah...

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Originally posted by Kya View Post
    I took my time because life was good n I didn't want to rock the boat. Why leave safe heaven of my parents house for the unknown. Plus I wanted a guy as convenient as possible to maintain my good life with minimal risk. Took a while to find that

"wait there might be something better" is state of mind and not something truly better. No one believes they will get best guy or girl but they want someone who doesn't raise that question in mind
    Hadith didn't tell us to "take it easy" when it comes to marriage.

This sort of mentality creates more problems in the Ummah

Leave a comment:

• Vitriolic_Sage
    replied

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
    Think positive...things will happen inshaallah
    In 15 years, sure.

Leave a comment:

• muzzybee
    replied

Originally posted by Dinobot View Post
    I am going to marry this year so no more delaying for me. But a lot of my friends got married earlier than me and they are either struggling or have divorced. Because they all rushed into it. I didn't delay as much as I could not find a suitable wife. I have had family members try to set up with me for and truth be told it was easy for me to get married. I have everything I need in life alhamdulliah. And I don't look too bad for a somali. No big forehead light brown skin, curly wavy hair lol But in seriousness. I just could not find a proper religious girl. Most somali girls I have come across were immature and after talking to them gave me the impression they were still kids mentally. Plus culturally they were not....how shall I say somali enough. Perhaps it is the nature of living in a western country. You tend to pick up their habits. At one point I did consider going back to my hometown to look for a wife. But hey in the end, I found a religious wife. some might say too religious lol but I realised it wasn't that she was too religious. It was I wasn't religious enough. And I am working on that.

I wish everyone the best to find a spouse. Just remember there is nothing more valuable than a religious person because so long as they have the fear of Allah in them they would do good. You just have to watch for the phonies and posers pretending to be religious. That takes time. That's where your wali comes in sisters. And for the men, get your women folk to investigate as well. And finally. I have a rule when it comes to investigating who is genuine and who is not. The first year of talking is the year where your emotions and being in love clouds your mind. After the year, you will see everything clearly and logically. It is not a set rule but never ever make decisions emotionally when you are high in love. It can cloud your thinking. Be cold and logical. Make sure you are compatible with your potential. Make sure that your family and their family are completely gelled together. Make sure both of you have the right expectations for each other. There is nothing worse than getting to a marriage with unrealistic or wrong expectations. Remember people will lie to get hold of you if they think that's what it will take. Honesty these days is very short.

More importantly never cross the boundaries of the deen in an effort to get to know the person. A marriage that begins with barakah lasts longer. And there can be no barakah if you have committed a sin on the way to marriage.
    Nice post ,but you are putting emphasis on knowing the person for a long time...how long do you roughly need to know a potential for marriage

Leave a comment:

• muzzybee
    replied

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
    life's too short to be miserable and cause others misery.
    True

Leave a comment:

• muzzybee
    replied

Meh, whatever. Not being married does free you up to avoid taking responsibility. If I got married I am sure the sins Id incurr would drag me to hell in a handbasket.
    Think positive...things will happen inshaallah

Leave a comment:

• Vitriolic_Sage
    replied

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
    well, that escalated.

--

i hope things work out for you brother.

Leave a comment:

• m7md
    replied

I meant the women and children suffering in Syria. The world is a place for suffering for most people.
    :'(
    Lqad khalaqnal isana fil kabad,, we need more duas for them

Leave a comment:

• Sirius
    replied

Yeah try telling that to the people in Syria!
    well, that escalated.

--

i hope things work out for you brother.

Leave a comment:

• Vitriolic_Sage
    replied

Originally posted by m7md View Post
    Common, so wrong u say such,
    They r the worst kuffar who r killing muslims , they don't listen to Allah u think they will listen to us
    I meant the women and children suffering in Syria. The world is a place for suffering for most people.

Leave a comment:

• m7md
    replied

Yeah try telling that to the people in Syria!
    Common, so wrong u say such,
    They r the worst kuffar who r killing muslims , they don't listen to Allah u think they will listen to us

Leave a comment:

Working...
X