X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Why do you delay marriage ppl...

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    You just described yourself as a Coward,

How you can say this and look yourself in the mirror as a man is rather disturbing,

As for your dubious comment about marriage dragging you to more sins, that nothing but nonsense.

Allah عز و جل described marriage like a Shield against Fahisha, and stated it protects us against shamelessness,

And here you are telling porkies about marriage dragging you down and making you sin more, as an argument to try and justify your cowardliness,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
    How is marrying an unattractive woman going to protect against fahisha? If anything it only makes you commit zulm. Right not there is no risk of zulm.

And why is it that being single is a sign of cowardliness? The way i see it i am stronger than any married man because I dont need some woman to get by. I handle everything on my own like a real man. A married man crumple like a used tampon in day of my life.
    Last edited by Vitriolic_Sage; 03-03-17, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitriolic_Sage View Post
      How is marrying an unattractive woman going to protect against fahisha? If anything it only makes you commit zulm. Right not there is no risk of zulm.

And why is it that being single is a sign of cowardliness? The way i see it i am stronger than any married man because I dont need some woman to get by. I handle everything on my own like a real man. A married man crumple like a used tampon in day of my life.
      Who told you that you have to marry someone your not attracted to?

Are you that shallow minded that looks is all you think about ?

You said your reason for staying single is to stay away from responsibility,

Pure cowardice, there is no way you will be able to Justify this.

Real man! Lol what a joke, a real man doesn't shy away from responsibility, he deals with it head on.
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

There usually is someone better that comes though from what i've seen lol....

I'm glad it wasn't rushed, it took until now, a few mistakes and a few strange individuals crossing my path to realise what I actually want in life.
        Until that person who fits the criteria comes along i'm going to keep working on myself, I have plenty I need to accomplish.
        I'm very specific now and compromising/settling on a lot of things that are important to me doesn't appeal to me anymore. It's not about thinking there's someone better.
        شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
        فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
        وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
        ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

In this day and age a degree is the key to money and a career. Though Islam would typically classify these things as part of the Dunya, which they are if you want to get married most potentials would expect a career that enables you to sustain a certain standard of living, obviously your accumulation of wealth, cars, houses etc. Mean nothing in the grave or Qiyamah but marriage does affect you in this life and the hereafter. The Prophet :saw: said "Marriage is half the religion fear Allah regarding the rest." and part of getting married is a Mahr and it's not cheap, well at least not from what I've heard from a lot of brothers. If you want to get married you need money for the Mahr, while money is just dunya as stated it still is essential to a Halal marriage. Also if you're married how do you expect to eat without money, a soup kitchen? It's sad that this world is so fueled by greed of paper but it is what it is, this part of the delay in marriage for a lot of people finances not to mention finding the courage to actually get together with a Wali or the Potential's family.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post
            In this day and age a degree is the key to money and a career. Though Islam would typically classify these things as part of the Dunya, which they are if you want to get married most potentials would expect a career that enables you to sustain a certain standard of living, obviously your accumulation of wealth, cars, houses etc. Mean nothing in the grave or Qiyamah but marriage does affect you in this life and the hereafter. The Prophet :saw: said "Marriage is half the religion fear Allah regarding the rest." and part of getting married is a Mahr and it's not cheap, well at least not from what I've heard from a lot of brothers. If you want to get married you need money for the Mahr, while money is just dunya as stated it still is essential to a Halal marriage. Also if you're married how do you expect to eat without money, a soup kitchen? It's sad that this world is so fueled by greed of paper but it is what it is, this part of the delay in marriage for a lot of people finances not to mention finding the courage to actually get together with a Wali or the Potential's family.
            A degree isn't a key to money and career,

You can't be this guilible,

A degree is a qualification that may or may not lead to a well paid job.

Comment

An employer puts preference on people with degrees. Obviously there are plenty of careers that don't require degrees, but I've yet to see many Muslims explore them. Muslims have this strange obsession with health care.

Comment

Yeah you are pretty much right

For me degree has been nice way to get "foot between door" and make people believe that you know something, even if you have no idea what they are talking until you actually start working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloEverybody View Post
                  Yeah you are pretty much right

For me degree has been nice way to get "foot between door" and make people believe that you know something, even if you have no idea what they are talking until you actually start working on it.
                  Right,

Money and career can be attained without a degree too and many have done so, through other qualifications. Businesses etc...

Some people have the mentality that if you don't have a degree you won't get a good job or career,

Which is nothing but an assumption,

A degree can help no doubt, but at the same time we have wasted graduates who studied a degree and made no good use of it, or haven't been able to, and went I to a completely opposite field to their studies...

There is no guarantee that it will open doors,

:jkk:

Comment

Right,

Money and career can be attained without a degree too and many have done so, through other qualifications. Businesses etc...

Some people have the mentality that if you don't have a degree you won't get a good job or career,

Which is nothing but an assumption,

A degree can help no doubt, but at the same time we have wasted graduates who studied a degree and made no good use of it, or haven't been able to, and went I to a completely opposite field to their studies...

There is no guarantee that it will open doors,

:jkk:

You can get fulfilling "good" careers/jobs without a degree, however, we should not forget that for lots and lots of posts the requirement for the candidate is that he/she has a degree preferably in a specific subject or something equivalent.

Comment

Why was that other thread closed? Honestly not sure if it would be better to remain single or fulfill the sunnah in that particular instance since I think the first thing to look at is Deen anyway.

?
                      Indeed we belong to Allah,
                      and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

• Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                        Why was that other thread closed? Honestly not sure if it would be better to remain single or fulfill the sunnah in that particular instance since I think the first thing to look at is Deen anyway.

?
                        Because it was pointless, and based on an unrealistic and presumptuous scenario.

Don't tell me you're actually wrestling with such a dilemma yourself. Just remember, the Prophet (:saw:) prescribed marriage as a means to fulfill desire in a halal way, among other things. But for marriage to facilitate that, there needs to be attraction. Otherwise, you're defeating one of the main purposes of marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                          Because it was pointless, and based on an unrealistic and presumptuous scenario.

Don't tell me you're actually wrestling with such a dilemma yourself. Just remember, the Prophet (:saw:) prescribed marriage as a means to fulfill desire in a halal way, among other things. But for marriage to facilitate that, there needs to be attraction. Otherwise, you're defeating one of the main purposes of marriage.
                          If I recall, if a pious man asks her father for her hand in marriage then they shouldn't decline?

Comment

Originally posted by Serinity
                            Or something. I already hate her from what you have said.
                            That was not my intention, my intention in posting here was simply this, everyone should think before choosing someone to marry, don't rush into it.
                            Last edited by oshirowanen; 03-03-17, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Well you could still fulfill it in a halal way with an unattractive spouse...
                              Last edited by Abu 'Abdullaah; 03-03-17, 02:08 PM. Reason: Inappropriate comment

Comment

nevermind.

:salams

Comment

Working...
                                X